Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Digital Jedi posted:

Alex went on known Russian propagandist Vladmir Soloviev's show and ranted for 45 minutes.

So he had somewhere he needed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Then he got winded and tired

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Jordan chatting with Sophie From Mars is an unexpected and excellent crossover

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
The InfoWars depos were great

But holy poo poo Mike Lindell is a crazy man (which obviously). He is just ranting and ranting.

It's great

https://twitter.com/chrisd9r/status/1700176904987328625?s=20

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Digital Jedi posted:

The InfoWars depos were great

But holy poo poo Mike Lindell is a crazy man (which obviously). He is just ranting and ranting.

It's great

https://twitter.com/chrisd9r/status/1700176904987328625?s=20

Here's a link to the folder with all the video excerpts - there's about 26, total of 316MB for anyone else curious

https://caincloud.egnyte.com/fl/fYk81AMK4m

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Froghammer posted:

Jordan chatting with Sophie From Mars is an unexpected and excellent crossover

I have no idea who Sophie From Mars is so when I saw the episode title I thought we might be getting a homegrown Wacky Wednesday.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Grand Fromage posted:

I have no idea who Sophie From Mars is so when I saw the episode title I thought we might be getting a homegrown Wacky Wednesday.

Sophie is cool, she does a fun video series on Thought Slime's channel talking about awful weirdos

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
First time hearing Sophie, but I picked up what she was putting down. I argue from a fruitier immanence vs transcendent paradigm position, but, yes, dualism hosed us up.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Grand Fromage posted:

She does great philosophy content, but my personal favorite is her content with Thought Slime where they dunk on noted red-brown, propagandist, and perpetually online Twitter weirdo Caleb Maupin. Here is them making fun of his rear end in a top hat political convention (read: a bunch of speeches in a hotel conference room), and here is them picking over Caleb's response to allegations that he tried to start a sex cult (he 100% tried to start a sex cult).

Both are on the long side, but this is the Knowledge Fight thread and 2+ hour content is our bread and butter.

Froghammer fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 8, 2023

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Froghammer posted:

She does great philosophy content, but my personal favorite is her content with Thought Slime where they dunk on noted red-brown, propagandist, and perpetually online Twitter weirdo Caleb Maupin. Here is them making fun of his rear end in a top hat political convention (read: a bunch of speeches in a hotel conference room), and here is them picking over Caleb's response to allegations that he tried to start a sex cult (he 100% tried to start a sex cult).

Both are on the long side, but this is the Knowledge Fight thread and 2+ hour content is our bread and butter.

My personal favorite will always be the one where they dissected the trailer for Libertarian Island:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBz3o_RO0sU

Because both of them Go Places mentally throughout

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Can I interest anyone in a dropbox that Mark Bankston uploaded? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a387ary7lcey9w7/AACDMEVrdFMONSDH07n0KvVsa?dl=0

A dude in Colorado got disbarred for giving Fetzer and Halbig legal advice, and so he’s trying to sue Mark Bankston, Elizabeth Williamson, Pozner and a bunch of others. It is not going well at all.

The dropbox is the complaint and bunch of responses and documents. I recommend at least reading the complaint because the progression from banal to full-on brainworms is a good one.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Maynard v. Bankston et al posted:

Upon receiving Mr. Gill’s notes I contacted Mr. Bankston, whom I had never met and never even heard of, asking if he would talk to me. He responded, “Never contact me again, you weirdo, LOL.” These exchanges are labeled as Exhibit C, from the disciplinary proceeding (in Exhibit 2).

Absolute King.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
ngl, I actually preferred listening to Harrison Smith over Alex today. Listening to that little poo poo completely fumble handling that caller was more interesting than Alex fawning over how great Russia was while getting his ego played up

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1701404351170859008/vid/avc1/1280x720/2YajoO24LSXnyKMl.mp4?tag=14

https://twitter.com/dril/status/549425182767861760

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Jesus christ those loving curtains.

When they had him up on the big screen, the whole wall was just those awful grandma stripes. It’s bordering on Lynchian.

I’m loving dying. Lmao.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Wait is the totally legally distinct "The Alex Jones Show" back now, with Mike Pillowman??

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Has Alex done any shows at all on Crowders network? That was meant to be a big thing right?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Megabound posted:

Has Alex done any shows at all on Crowders network? That was meant to be a big thing right?

My impression was that it was done behind a paywall or smth (Mug club? I don't pay attention to that poo poo)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1701611174415220781
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1701617694452142496

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What the gently caress is that? A limp-dick slap on the wrist like that will be just enough to give him right wing martyr cred. It's not going to stop the behavior at all. Is there some nuance to this I'm missing?

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

bird food bathtub posted:

What the gently caress is that? A limp-dick slap on the wrist like that will be just enough to give him right wing martyr cred. It's not going to stop the behavior at all. Is there some nuance to this I'm missing?

They kinda touched on this in the latest episode, he's not getting hit with a years-long sentence because he wasn't one of the more egregious shitheads there, though he wasn't supposed to be there in the first place as a result of his earlier instance of being a shithead at the 2019 impeachment hearings

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/protes...-hearing-today/

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Kelly is the same judge who deviated down for Biggs and Tarrio and co. because it’s not terrorism if white people do it.

This wasn’t exactly a shock. Although Owen and Alex are still going to whine like he’s being shipped to Van Diemens Land for being a Fenian.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I look forward to hearing in 6 months how he hosed up during supervised release and has to go back to court

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Xiahou Dun posted:

Kelly is the same judge who deviated down for Biggs and Tarrio and co. because it’s not terrorism if white people do it.

My understanding is that Kelly agreed they were terrorists but felt the maximum should only apply if they were terrorists that murdered a bunch of people.

And not giving the full maximum sentence also makes it harder for them to argue the sentence was unfair.

Haven't been following that closely myself though that's just something I read.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Tree Dude posted:

My understanding is that Kelly agreed they were terrorists but felt the maximum should only apply if they were terrorists that murdered a bunch of people.

And not giving the full maximum sentence also makes it harder for them to argue the sentence was unfair.

Haven't been following that closely myself though that's just something I read.

Yeah, which is a principle that Kelly does not apply to people who have a different result on the paper bag test.

I’m anti incarceration in general so it’s not a hill I’m about to die on, but I’m also not gonna pretend the judge did this out of respect for human rights or something. Him giving the below the minimum cause he’s a shitbag happens to align with some of my beliefs so I’m carefully putting him a separate mental category.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I mean yeah the angry ape part of my brain was frustrated by the bullshit Kelly was slinging about white people not being able to do a terrorism but whatever. Most of those assholes are going away for over a decade. Good, gently caress them, that ruins their lives plenty and puts a pretty big feather in the cap of "I dunno maybe don't do an insurrection you goddam horrible people?" which is apparently a thing we need to have emphasized to a certain portion of society in this modern age.

Two months is not a deterrent for the poo poo Shroyer is pulling. It's an accelerant he'll use to his advantage when he gets out.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I hope Owen gets out of prison with cornrows and some sick tats

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Froghammer posted:

I hope Owen gets out of prison with cornrows and some sick tats

Yeah, I hope Owen is not victimized, but I do hope he’s such a bumbling coward that he constantly humiliates himself to avoid confrontation.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Digital Jedi posted:

I look forward to hearing in 6 months how he hosed up during supervised release and has to go back to court

"Here's the address of the traitor judge who sentenced... What do you mean back to jail? I'm just doing journalism here"

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Whoa big surprise that Alex Jones and a notorious Russian propagandist agree on everything lol

Hopefully he moves there and we can have some great footage where he looks very very nervous while spouting the state lines in front of a Russian news ticker interface

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 13, 2023

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUHMn96fpk

I haven’t thought about The Experts in 30 years, but the idea of Alex moving to Russia and how he imagines it must be dredged the movie right up.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I recall a portion of Elizabeth Williamson's book where, when pondering if Alex is an asset or not, she gets the bright idea to just call up the Russian media and ask them directly. The answer turned out to be, "no, but not for lack of trying." They told her that Alex was essentially impossible to work with, which happens to line up with everything else Knowledge Fight knows about Alex.

This was all before the land invasion happened, where the main focus was on Trump/Russia collusion and the phantom thereof. I don't know how the war effort has changed the current state of the Russian media intelligentsia, but it's not a good sign for them if they need to start retreading lessons they should've already learned. Alex will never give you what you want; he does not know how.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Think we're all underestimating how incompetent Owen is at everything

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I was always of the opinion that if Alex really was a Russian asset of some sort, he would not be able shut the gently caress up about it and go on and on about he is best friend to Putin's number 3 guy or something.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

I was always of the opinion that if Alex really was a Russian asset of some sort, he would not be able shut the gently caress up about it and go on and on about he is best friend to Putin's number 3 guy or something.

Absolutely, Alex is completely incapable of keeping any sort of secret if telling people about it would increase his narcissism. Its why Jan 6th would have gone the same way it did whether or not Alex was in on the plan.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BigRed0427 posted:

100%. He's not a reliable asset by any means due to his rampant alcoholism, egotism, and clout chasing.

My theory is that he was offered an RT show at one point but couldn't run his grift product business on the channel and backed out. While RT is a circus, they actually have standards and schedules he doesn't control as well which probably led to him backing out. Everyone got offered an RT show for a bit, even Jesse Ventura had one. When Russia formally invaded Ukraine, it all dried up really fast. I really think the only reason he went with Crowder was to steal away viewers and possibly get around his legal penalties, as they've said on the podcast. Russia would have tied him down too much and ironically, held him to a standard since they're a state broadcaster, albeit a very obviously dubious one.

Russia is really bad about funding political operatives in other countries. I think there's some line of thinking some people have that it's like the show The Americans but it's almost always like those illegal agents who got busted just hanging out with DC conservatives and learning nothing you couldn't Google. When they give money to people too, it's very easy to follow the trail and it's probably because they don't hide anything in Russia proper.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

How is the crowder thing going anyway? Has he been doing shows.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I've only seen one very small clip of it since the announcement, and it was Alex doing ad-plugs for InfoWars/PQPR-related products.

Can't say if that one clip necessarily translates to the entire thing, but it is his one possible source of money that isn't directly connected to the Corporate Restructuring Officer's jurisdiction. (For now, anyway.)

We likely aren't missing much.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I have enjoyed Jordan’s interview with people but today’s was not good. I do not know if they just did not gel or if one of them thought that the interview was going to go differently.

It seemed like she was being defensive but I do not know what could have caused that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Yeah, they just didn't click for whatever reason, unfortunately. Couldn't figure out why, unless she just agreed to the interview without knowing anything about the show or something