Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

his post was very stupid though. f117 would be a terrible attacker to put in the game because it's not going to do any radar stealth poo poo (i dont think any sim does). it'd just be a really lovely plane. shittier than real life even

it's 2023 brother, really lovely military hardware is the way of the future. they should find some way to put in that us navy ship whose ammo never got manufactured in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
im going to use starfield to teach ESL learners basic english idioms

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

johnson stop drawing tits in the flight manual

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
I noticed I had a lot of credits and then suddenly an hour had passed and my ship changed shape again.

I like building my space RV/Prepper Van

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

johnson stop drawing tits in the flight manual

everything reminds me of her

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cuttlefush posted:

yeah this is dumb again. it's the unclassified you can freely find or buy pdfs of (its a pain in the rear end to find free ones but you can). i think it might have been FOUO at one time but probably isn't anymore and doesn't matter anyway if you aren't the government employee leaking it. also im not even sure if it meant jack poo poo in 1992 anyway? not dumb for gaijin to delete these but almost all of the warthunder "classified" stories are about unclassified, unrestricted materials and manuals. i think the challenger and maybe one of the chinese leaks was actual restricted poo poo.
yeah yeah but this is like trying to deflate goon telephone. sure it might be accurate but it's funnier to come up with histrionic telephone stories because it's funnier to think warthunder keeps getting opsec leaks every other month.

so i shall keep believing that they're leaking classified information to win petty arguments over war thunder forums.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Discovering Christianity through first principles, scientifically

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
life is about maximizing comedic value: truth or falsehood matters not

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

i love the idea of government agency gamers leaking design specs to gaijin because they think their favorite plane doesn't perform as well as it should so i'm convinced that what's happening

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SomethingBeautiful posted:

i love the idea of government agency gamers leaking design specs to gaijin because they think their favorite plane doesn't perform as well as it should so i'm convinced that what's happening

this

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I assume it's just their marketing department, because this seems like really cheap advertising.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

SomethingBeautiful posted:

It is, a plurality of times, exactly this.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’ve found maybe ten powers in Starfield and not one of them is better than the first one I earned. hard to beat turning gravity off.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I think this might be the highest amount of kills I've ever had.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I'd never tried the playstation cast to device thing before but this is actually pretty dang cool! it's even got picture in picture! though it apparently won't let me take a screenshot. you'll just have to take my word for it that it's showing me baldur's gate as i compose this post

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

drink-n-fight sounds cool

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

why do you play zero build mode instead of build mode

seems like build mode has higher skill ceiling

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

drink-n-fight sounds cool

They are a fun goon to play with. All the fortnite goons are. :)

Xaris posted:

seems like build mode has higher skill ceiling

I can't do the building with my old man hands.

Edit: and it is the mode I like.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 03:37 on Sep 12, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Hatebag posted:

I'd never tried the playstation cast to device thing before but this is actually pretty dang cool! it's even got picture in picture! though it apparently won't let me take a screenshot. you'll just have to take my word for it that it's showing me baldur's gate as i compose this post

take a picture with your smartphone

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Xaris posted:

build mode requires high apm (though it's more measured in aps now)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Mr Hootington posted:

nice work

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

:qq:won't someone think of the poor corporations:qq:

tbh I'm on the side of corporations versus the colonizers here.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

entangled was a good quest. mostly because it was a ripoff of that one titanfall 2 level, but good job Bethesda.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m playing Frostpunk. drat, This poo poo Rules.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

take a picture with your smartphone

well, i was casting to my phone. i suppose i coulda used a derelict old phone to take a picture though

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Lostconfused posted:

mad?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

So I'm flying through Freestar space, and this UC bank transport opens fire on me. So of course get blown to pieces by the Freestar mustangs flying patrol, leaving me to loot the 17K creds floating in space now.

Kinda feels like a bit of a political incident tbh.

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

indigi posted:

I’m playing Frostpunk. drat, This poo poo Rules.

it's great, got so mad at my citizens on my first playthrough that i wanted to just shut the drat generator off and punish them for making bad decisions in response to my poor leadership

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the way frostpunk treats the ethical decisions you make is a little weird

i feel like child labor is a little more defensible when you're all going to freeze to death without it, it's not like you're doing it to increase revenue this quarter

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Frostpunk seeks the third way, the perfect mean, follow the center path of moral neutrality.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lostconfused posted:

oliver people are hardy

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Zokari posted:

i feel like child labor is a little more defensible when you're all going to freeze to death without it, it's not like you're doing it to increase revenue this quarter

woah we got a child labor defender here!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zokari posted:

i feel like child labor is a little more defensible when you're all going to freeze to death without it,

that's an expression of the trolley problem, though. And sure, you might say "freezing to death" is an acceptable line to cross for justifying child labor, but what happens when "we're all going to die if we don't do this" becomes more and more abstract and indirect?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
politics happens?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

that's an expression of the trolley problem, though. And sure, you might say "freezing to death" is an acceptable line to cross for justifying child labor, but what happens when "we're all going to die if we don't do this" becomes more and more abstract and indirect?

skill issue

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

not sure what that post is about but i want to make it crystal clear so there isn't any confusion: i love child labor

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
frostpunk doesn't even get that cold really. i think it bottoms out around the lows of areas that have constantly had humans living in them.

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

you don't have to make kids mine coal, they can just peel potatoes. you should make them mine coal anyway though

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

frostpunk doesn't even get that cold really. i think it bottoms out around the lows of areas that have constantly had humans living in them.

Yeah that's why you can beat the game if you're not a gently caress up loser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cuttlefush posted:

politics happens?

right, so it's entirely fair to pose child labor as a controversial choice even in the face of an existential threat, because insofar as we might think that "well, it's not in the service of increasing next quarter's revenues", there are also people out there who believe that loving with capitalism and its need to increase next quarter's revenues is itself an issue that costs human lives