Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

redshirt posted:

Weird rear end Fury Road vibes, I love it.

And it was like 2002 or something.

The art is amazing. Looks like a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Hammu-rob-i posted:

Offspring Smash is a perfect album. I put it on Rumors and ELO out of the blue

We have very different tastes

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The offspring are great wtf

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
offspring are good for what they are, which is bad but sometimes fun

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

The Offspring's Smash and Greenday's Dookie might as well have been a double album because I was glued to them both between 4th grade and 7th.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They're bands for kids. They both suck and have no good songs. Let us move on.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Hammu-rob-i posted:

:haibrow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na36llO5cvo

They never got anywhere close to it thematically again, and once they got Pretty Fly money there was no going back.

Speaking of bands that had a good & cool thrash sound and then tooooooooooootally loving sold out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt5XSRV4GPI

I honestly tried to return Sing The Sorrow :barf:

EDIT

oh we're doing Green Day?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8dh9gDzmz8
:dogstare: fight me IRL because this is literally their only good song :colbert:

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Sep 10, 2023

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Every song by your favorite band

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The first five Offspring albums owned imho

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Ixnay on the Hombre is a little long but it has some classics.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

They're bands for kids. They both suck and have no good songs. Let us move on.

your music is poo poo BITCH

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Vampire Panties posted:

:dogstare: fight me IRL because this is literally their only good song :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnF0pkWD2Tc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLjo0lY450c

dookie is loving great

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Mine was Genocide

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Queens of the stone age are GOOD

I still remember when I first heard a song by them; I happened to catch Little Sister when they played it on Saturday night live

I was like who the hell is this?

And a hot ginger too :eek:

Spinz fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Sep 10, 2023

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The Hello Machine posted:

Every song by your favorite band

You're saying every song by my favourite band is good.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Finding it tough to contribute to the thread as my knowledge of bands that suck is very limited.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Oops

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Hammu-rob-i posted:

David Lee Roth - Running With the Devil Songsmith

CaptainCourteous
Jan 15, 2009

This is the first one I thought of along with Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide".

unknown butthole posted:

Sultans Of Swing by Dire Straits

I thought Pixies appearing as a "band that sucks" was gonna be this thread's biggest wtf but this takes the cake. You probably think Steely Dan sucks as well.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

i think they're a bunch of dildos

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Tear In My Heart from 21 Pilots. I think I would actually like them if the rest of their music sounded like this song

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Don Henley~ All She Wants to Do is Dance

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Devils Affricate posted:

The Killers - All These Things That I've Done

Smile like you mean it

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

;-] it's so good

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Bands that suck; This Thread
One good song; Gas Thrwad :mmmhmm:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Hammu-rob-i posted:

It's not perfect but I give it 9.99 out of 10, the .01 being Self Esteem

emSparkly posted:

Ixnay on the Hombre is a little long but it has some classics.

:hmmyes: I Choose to agree

Hammu-rob-i posted:

Mine was Genocide

As much as I love Genocide, my favoritest favorite song from Smash is probably Not the One because it's a good song to listen to but it has also (unfortunately) aged like fine wine

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

just lol if you dont like the offspring

https://youtube.com/watch?v=us8OhI-OTHg

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

cumpantry posted:

just lol if you dont like the offspring

https://youtube.com/watch?v=us8OhI-OTHg

Hell yeah Crazy Taxi :rock:

And yeah, I named my diary after Dexter and one of my Tamagotchis "Kevin Jr." after Noodles (Kevin Wasserman), I loving loved '80s & '90s Offspring

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I hate Pearl Jam with every fiber of my being, Vedder’s style of singing is just horrible, but they knocked it out of the loving park with ‘Do the Evolution’. Great song, even better video.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

JnnyThndrs posted:

I hate Pearl Jam with every fiber of my being, Vedder’s style of singing is just horrible, but they knocked it out of the loving park with ‘Do the Evolution’. Great song, even better video.

Yellow Ledbetter is an awesome wasted karaoke song because you just have to know some sounds and grunts

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

JnnyThndrs posted:

it's pretty true, "I'm the first mammal to wear pants, yeah" is always running through my head when I hear the latest 'achievement' of humanity

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Queens of the Stone Age has the same problem with Rob Zombie, My life with the thrill kill kult, where there are just too many album interludes with their good albums (like clockwork is good too). They should release some music only versions for listening. Don't get me started on hip hop skits.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
The Offspring suck and like 90% of their songs are like "this person is poor and its their own fault, look at this fukken strawman" over the worst kind of punk (so-cal skater pish). If anyone in your goofball punk band is a PhD, please stop making music because the disconnect between the social and economic capital you have to have to achieve that makes your take on class issues terrible.

The Kids Aren't Alright rips though.

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 12, 2023

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Lots of wrong and bad opinions about The Offspring.

They own.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Saalkin posted:

Lots of wrong and bad opinions about The Offspring.

They own.

Own property maybe.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Disco Pope posted:

The Offspring suck and like 90% of their songs are like "this person is poor and its their own fault, look at this fukken strawman" over the worst kind of punk (so-cal skater pish). If anyone in your goofball punk band is a PhD, please stop making music because the disconnect between the social and economic capital you have to have to achieve that makes your take on class issues terrible.

The Kids Aren't Alright rips though.

??

Beheaded
Watch you squirt like a garden hose
Beheaded
Bloody mess all over my clothes

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

JnnyThndrs posted:

State of Love and Trust is the best Pearl Jam song

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

A Strange Aeon posted:

??

Beheaded
Watch you squirt like a garden hose
Beheaded
Bloody mess all over my clothes

If you're up for a pretentious as gently caress anniversary review of Americana that unpacks its small 'c' conservatism, this Quietus article covers it:

https://thequietus.com/articles/25686-offspring-americana-review-anniversary

And I mostly agree, there's some of that album that feels like an uncles Facebook posts. Also so-cal stuff just misses me The Offspring, NOFX, Bad Religion, Pennywise never resonated.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Disco Pope posted:

If you're up for a pretentious as gently caress anniversary review of Americana that unpacks its small 'c' conservatism

Nah you're making a pretty good stab at it by yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Is Rancid so cal punk? I always loved them, since they were half of Operation Ivy which I also loved.

certainly a song like Sidekick suggests they're on the correct side of capital or whatever your issue with Offspring is