Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Trying to decide if I wanna get Alioth because I also never did pull the trigger on Hit Monkey. Or Snowguard.

Alioth in particular I'm thinking of something that plays Storm + Juggernaut or Thanos (Time Stone) / Psylocke + Professor X. But not sure what else. Anybody got any Alioth decks that seem fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I just opened two spitlights and got Hit Monkey, and the Dan Hipp Hit Monkey variant. Is that supposed to be able to happen? Does that mean that my first one was actually the random S4/5 card, and then I pulled the variant because I already owned Hit Monkey? I've never had that happen before. Surely the week's Spotlight cards would be removed from the random pull pool?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Holy gently caress this Loki. Should I? I have to, right?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

victorious posted:

I just opened two spitlights and got Hit Monkey, and the Dan Hipp Hit Monkey variant. Is that supposed to be able to happen? Does that mean that my first one was actually the random S4/5 card, and then I pulled the variant because I already owned Hit Monkey? I've never had that happen before. Surely the week's Spotlight cards would be removed from the random pull pool?

No, someone got Jeff and Hipp Jeff the same way last week

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

New Leaf posted:

Hell yeah

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I bought Noir Professor X, can't believe it's only 700, it's by far his best one.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

New Leaf posted:

I absolutely did after checking his other variants and making sure nothing else currently datamined came close.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

victorious posted:

I bought Noir Professor X, can't believe it's only 700, it's by far his best one.
Inked House of X is a pretty high bar

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Fate Accomplice posted:

my 100% luck on spotlights had to run out. took me 4 to get alioth after pulling snowguard in 1.

almost at enough tokens for mobius + ravonna, so I can spend the next 3 weeks building my caches back up for October/November
I also had to burn four caches to get Alioth. Feels bad man

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

These Pantheon variants kind of stink, are they from something?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

I also had to burn four caches to get Alioth. Feels bad man

it really kinda does! I'm surprised at how much

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

dipple posted:

Inked House of X is a pretty high bar
It really is.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Opopanax posted:

These Pantheon variants kind of stink, are they from something?
I've heard they're supposed to be inspired by Hades but if that's true you really gotta squint to see it.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Alioth seems good. Just ramp or play a tempo deck, and blow up their unturned cards last turn to win.

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Nebula
# (2) Daredevil
# (3) Electro
# (3) Wave
# (4) Absorbing Man
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Black Panther
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Alioth
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbGlvdGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9kaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRhcmVkZXZpbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxlY3RybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmVidWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBYnNvcmJpbmdNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25NYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsYWNrUGFudGhlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJEb29tIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Took 3 caches to get Alioth and Snowguard after my girst cache opened Dan Hip Hit Monkey. Im ikay with that.

Alioth then took me from 93 to Infinite tonight with a Galactus ramp list Bynx was playing tonight. Figured it was a good night to catch people off guard on the new card, and it did the trick. Reminded me of playing a ramp deck someone shared here many seasons ago that I really liked, and also Sean's chunk deck from quite awhile back. Makes me want to revisit those with Alioth.

# (2) Daredevil
# (3) Electro
# (3) Wave
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Sandman
# (5) Black Panther
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Leader
# (6) Alioth
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Galactus
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxlY3RybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2FsYWN0dXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRhcmVkZXZpbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGV2aWxEaW5vc2F1ciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2FuZG1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhY2tQYW50aGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEckRvb20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9kaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFsaW90aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVhZGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm5pbVpvbGEifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Also seeing many killer variants in my shop tonight. I've never purchased a variant for gold, instead always saving for gold bundles, but they're sure making it harder to resist some of those 1,200 gold variants.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Wanted Allioth and the Hit-Monkey variant:

Mirage
Allioth
Snowguard (variant)
Hit-Monkey (variant)

4 pulls but at least I got a card in the random slot, and I don't mind the Snowguard variant.

Also got lucky last week and got the Jeff variant in one.

11 caches left and I'll buy Ravonna and Mobius with tokens.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Got Snowguard and Alioth in 3. Managed to avoid the Hipp Monkey. I like Dan Hipp but those shouldn't be spotlight variants.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Also I just realized that I'm finally S4 complete with Snowguard. Missing Howard, Tribunal, Jean, Deathstrike, and Samurai on the S5 side.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Planning ahead for the next few weeks you should consider that you'll be able to buy a Mobius variant in the shop with gold a little while after his debut if you want to save tokens/spotlights

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Is anyone making a leaderboard push? I’ve taken Hela up to rank 1448 at my peak this season, but I’m down to 1763 and Alioth dropped so I’m definitely not making it back there.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Aw man, I was hoping Dan Hipp Dracula or Venom would show up in my shop today, it is all new variants in there but neither of those, I assume after the initial release of variants where it does prioritize new ones, it goes back to being truly random? Bummer if so, I do have that sweet Loki one available but I probably shouldn't get him, I'm hoping they'll do a Lady Loki variant in the future or something if he stays a good card, the era where that change was introduced was when I last really read comics.

Echoing somebody else's comments that the pantheon variants are slightly odd, the Loki one at the end of the season pass is an alright Loki but the others are just like, fine. The Echantress one has her looking like she's taken some potent medication.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Sep 12, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Sylvie (lady Loki) is the enchantress variant that comes with jet ski Mobius in the gold bundle

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Galactus into Alioth might be the rudest thing Ive ever done in this game.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Cattail Prophet posted:

The game probably doesn't need a 1/6 and 2/6 with no strings attached that can also be buffed by Patriot, actually.

Those can be fixed. Winter Soldier would be fine with 4/6. GIve him a High Evo ability to snipe a card at an adjacent location.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
We buffing high evo?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

No Wave posted:

We buffing high evo?

Between Alioth, Legion, and Loki, why not?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

thebardyspoon posted:

Aw man, I was hoping Dan Hipp Dracula or Venom would show up in my shop today, it is all new variants in there but neither of those, I assume after the initial release of variants where it does prioritize new ones, it goes back to being truly random? Bummer if so, I do have that sweet Loki one available but I probably shouldn't get him, I'm hoping they'll do a Lady Loki variant in the future or something if he stays a good card, the era where that change was introduced was when I last really read comics.

Echoing somebody else's comments that the pantheon variants are slightly odd, the Loki one at the end of the season pass is an alright Loki but the others are just like, fine. The Echantress one has her looking like she's taken some potent medication.

If we can believe the datamines, both Hipp Dracula and Venom will be released next week:

https://snap.fan/news/schedule/#September_Variants

13 variants at 700 each, that's... 9100 gold. Ouch.

Network42 posted:

Galactus into Alioth might be the rudest thing Ive ever done in this game.

Try Galactus into Alioth into Odin.

No Wave posted:

We buffing high evo?

He does need to be stronger.

They should give him an extra ability when he's played. Maybe give an extra buff to his cards? Yeah that sounds fun and balanced. :v:

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

victorious posted:

If you look at the possible spotlight rewards, is the random s4/S5 card gone (so just alioth and snowguard remaining)? If so then yes that's what happened.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Whoa, when did they horribly nerf Lockjaw? Just got one from an Agent 13 and screwed myself over trying to actually use it

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

uXs posted:

If we can believe the datamines, both Hipp Dracula and Venom will be released next week:

https://snap.fan/news/schedule/#September_Variants

13 variants at 700 each, that's... 9100 gold. Ouch.

I don't like that they realized I will exchange real american dollars for jpegs drawn by this man.

It's a shame too, because I also like a lot of the stuff Kim Jacinto and Max Grecke do, but it just isn't as good a match for card game art as Hipp's style.

EDIT: jesus christ I have 55 Hipp variants.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

uXs posted:

Ah, the schedule I was looking at had them in todays drop so I just assumed I'd gotten unlucky.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Opopanax posted:

Whoa, when did they horribly nerf Lockjaw? Just got one from an Agent 13 and screwed myself over trying to actually use it

A few months ago? Yeah he only exchanges the first card on his location now.

Protip posted:

Alioth then took me from 93 to Infinite tonight with a Galactus ramp list Bynx was playing tonight.

Joink posted:

Alioth seems good. Just ramp or play a tempo deck, and blow up their unturned cards last turn to win.

I tried both of these decks for several matches (granted, just Conquest) and I guess I don't know how to play them cause...uhh...they suck? I was CONSTANTLY just having to skip my first few turns cause I didn't draw one of the few low cost cards. Then, ok, I get Electro on T3, T4...still nothing cause it's all just a handful of 6 cost cards.
T5 play Alioth to destroy cards at that location, ok, cool...I have a total of 7 power out, even Odin or Zola on that Alioth to re-do him is just not enough power to win more than 1 lane when they've got out Nebula, or Sunspot, or Collector, or an HE deck.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

I'm holding off on using Alioth because Lokii's prominent right now. Definitely hoping for Jean Grey next week.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Network42 posted:

I don't like that they realized I will exchange real american dollars for jpegs drawn by this man.

It's a shame too, because I also like a lot of the stuff Kim Jacinto and Max Grecke do, but it just isn't as good a match for card game art as Hipp's style.

I bet internal metrics around hipp variant purchase / usage are loving bonkers.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Network42 posted:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Network42 posted:

He's done a few "Art Drops" via his Instagram, and I have LITERALLY exchanged real American dollars for his art. But at least they will be printouts of his JPEGS, not...you know..JUST the JPEG.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
It's super rare but every now and then people spam emotes, for a variety of reasons I'm sure. I don't think it affects my gameplay, but it can sting a bit more to retreat while being taunted.

That being said, does anyone have a favorite emote that just exudes 'smug prick' for when I do stay and win a match like this? Before I retreat should I be doing the deadpool emote?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Apparently Shuri is dominating again. I went back to my old Shuri/Sauron standby and its an easy climb. Your power outpaces Loki easily. Armor and Vision help with Aloth but I haven't really encountered him yet.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Something odd just happened to me in a Conquest match. I was fortunate enough for like 3/4 of the games to play Daredevil before T5.

And then every time I had him out, despite my opponent being otherwise very quick on their turns...they purposely took the entire time available on T5, EVERY T5 that I had DD out.

Like...they were sort of punishing me, in the most minor way possible, for playing DD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It's probably an attempt to run out the turn timer so you have less time to play, but it doesn't work that way