Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Also unless it's changed recently, the crafting screen defaults to crafting the maximum possible amount given your inventory capacity / current items, but if you don't have enough silver to craft that maximum amount, the quantity box gets disabled and you can't craft less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That makes sense, thanks everyone :)

I have now added both irrigations, both forklifts, fertilizer, and toolbox. I'll nab the grape juice and wishes next I suppose.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I've been looking, but there's no way to downgrade a pet, right? I need so much honey and I accidently upgraded my owl.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

nope, but focus on the tower quest if you're deciding between that and strange companions or something

the exchange center has a handful every few days, and sometimes you can get lucky at borgen's camp

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Just realised eating an apple pie has changed my optimal play to not spending stamina below max. What a mistake, now I have to remember not to do that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have discovered why there are perks specifically to speed up the growth of corn, and only corn

Fortunately, I need to keep growing it until I get the runestone anyway and all these new perks/upgrades means it grows in under an hour so it's not the worst thing.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Hit Tower 199 finally. Feels like I can draw a line under playing this game multiple hours a day. It's been a wild ride though, tons of content for free. Thanks FarmRPG.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

There's a new quest for ten bananas, and probably more after that.

Bananas cost 25 Borgen Bucks.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Weren't they going to add an option to hide requests? I want to file this banana request and the flexible spending request in the "never touching this" cabinet.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Admiral Joeslop posted:

That's only 2.5 million Ancient Coins for all ten.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

IcePhoenix posted:

I have discovered why there are perks specifically to speed up the growth of corn, and only corn

Fortunately, I need to keep growing it until I get the runestone anyway

I think Jill's maze gives a corn rune for free these days?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Lol I didn’t read that properly earlier and thought your BB got you a BUNCH of bananas. gently caress that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Atoramos posted:

I think Jill's maze gives a corn rune for free these days?

What is Jill's maze

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

IcePhoenix posted:

What is Jill's maze

Go into town and click into Redbrook Adventures, there's probably a guide out there for Jill's Corn Maze.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

koshmar posted:

Go into town and click into Redbrook Adventures, there's probably a guide out there for Jill's Corn Maze.

I have now done this and gotten the runecorn, which is unfortunately not the same thing as the rune you get from corn

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

the CORN FACTS quiz will also give you one, as well as a corn prize bag that has one in it

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I remember corn jail with fondness

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

with a late game never-ending need for corn oil and fancy tables corn jail is back in style, baby

omnibelt
Aug 1, 2023

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I mean it's one banana, Michael. How much could it cost, twenty-five Borgen Bucks?

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Unponderable posted:

Weren't they going to add an option to hide requests? I want to file this banana request and the flexible spending request in the "never touching this" cabinet.

No one answered you, but it should be there. First, you have to go into the settings panel and enable the option "Hide Help Requests?", remember to save. Then when you go to the individual request, there's an option to hide it at the bottom. It will then be moved to a new list below the list of completed requests

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

NFX posted:

No one answered you, but it should be there. First, you have to go into the settings panel and enable the option "Hide Help Requests?", remember to save. Then when you go to the individual request, there's an option to hide it at the bottom. It will then be moved to a new list below the list of completed requests

I had missed that it was a setting option. Thank you!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Lol step 3 of magic aint pretty.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

here's a sneak peek of step 5

Only registered members can see post attachments!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Lol I just looked up the whole quest line. 60k of lots of this stuff.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

H110Hawk posted:

Lol step 3 of magic aint pretty.

Ghostlight posted:

here's a sneak peek of step 5

Lol okay I think I should just walk away from this game.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

The only things I see on there that seem really problematic are the pie pans and maybe the meals (although I have 2k fruit punch saved up now too). And I still have more stamina/cider/APs than I know what to do with, so putting pie pans in the craftworks and spamming ember lagoon doesn't seem terrible.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yeah, the pain point for each step (for me at least) has been predominantly steel generation and small chest 01s (since i plundered my entire stock for emeralds the month before these quests came out). Prickly Pears are also a hassle, but mostly because I'd been grinding and selling them on my way to grandmaster, so there's ~30k Pear Grease I didn't get to use for this quest chain.

I don't think any of the rewards are particularly useful either - this step just offers more oj, more ciders, a super rare with no use, and a bunch of raptor claws I never use with some pocket change. I think it's mostly a quest chain that exists to put context/justification around grandmastering items introduced after Jundland for people who are at the top of the tower rather than simply making and selling them over and over again. The only reason I'm doing it is because I like having something to 'work on' and my choices are this, 5 trillion coins, or 6,000 spiders.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

yeah the worst part is the pie pans and the corn oil required for fancy tables (and the corn oil itself)

I’ve resorted to just buying 10k batches of potato, you can knock out the copper wire and pear grease at the same time

otherwise a lot of it is just checking in every few hours once your steel is topped up to mass craft stuff

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Kaboobi posted:

corn of interest completed, woof

that oak production is pricy as hell, I don't think I'm going to push it past 500 for now

I finally got this done this morning. I'm at 100 and jesus the second hundred is 22.5bn. How much was 500?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Requesting a mailbox blasting of APs, I am making a hundred hickory omelettes for Buddyjack quest and it's extremely resource intensive

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

According to my calculations, 500 is 187.8 billion from scratch.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

gently caress me 1000 fancy chairs to unlock Buddyjack

This is going to take a while

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

hambeet posted:

Lol okay I think I should just walk away from this game.

yeah the endgame at this point seems more like a grind for grind's sake rather than working towards anything fun so i'm getting close to calling it

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

New quest line about becoming a notary is, uh, a thing now, I guess.

As someone who actually studied to become a notary (but then never took the test for unrelated job reasons) it's kind of funny that the quiz is largely accurate.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

mrmcd posted:

As someone who actually studied to become a notary (but then never took the test for unrelated job reasons) it's kind of funny that the quiz is largely accurate.

Quick to finish if you have a few diaries etc.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

mrmcd posted:

What, you have to report dragon sightings? = P

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Twincityhacker posted:

What, you have to report dragon sightings? = P

Depends on the state. NY is dragon friendly.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Collapsing the dialog for 99 Bottles XCIX should be disabled, you earned that scrolling.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

So, why does the green apple from the temple do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PortobelloPirate
Jul 5, 2023
I know you can turn it in for a mailbox. They may be other uses though.