Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I was doing so well in V, then got shredded on Kafka’s last healthbar as she one-shot Luocha and Bronya while Gepard was recharging.

If I get Fu, does she pair well with Blade? My current set up is either something like Bronya/Luocha/fireblazer/Blade or Bronya/Luocha/Gepard/Kafka (because my Tingyun and Luka is e6 but also underleveled and undertraced and underelic’ed because it takes so long to build anyone jesus christ.)

Marvel at my… completely great relic stats going on.

I would put Luocha’s speed boots on Bronya but then she goes so fast her skill doesn’t work because Blade’s a snail. A tanky, tanky snail.

I find relics just so overwhelming because there’s so many numbers (I have dyscalculia don’t judge) and such rng.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Finally completed difficulty 5 :toot:

Just had to roll exodia shield blessings and not die, also casually do 1.2 million damage with resonance lmao

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

GateOfD posted:

not sure i understand how to get dual resonance or whatever in swarm

You need three blessings of your path, and also three blessings of one of two specific other paths (eg if you took Preservation then it can resonate with Nihility and Remembrance but not any other path). One of the tabs in the "SU info" button during a run will tell you which other paths work and what you get for it

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Easiest way to think about it is that you need to have your resonance unlocked before you can get the resonance upgrades from the other secondary paths.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I had some trouble trying to get the "use an ultimate to deal the final blow" daily quest done with Kafka today. Does the DoT-echoing part of her ulti not count, and you have to do it with the initial flat damage? Even if it's her own Shock that it's echoing, which itself comes from her ulti?

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Godamnit why do they put the triple trotters in the reward zones? It feels more like a punishment than a reward.

Just give me some free loot not a boring long-rear end battle :argh:

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

I had some trouble trying to get the "use an ultimate to deal the final blow" daily quest done with Kafka today. Does the DoT-echoing part of her ulti not count, and you have to do it with the initial flat damage? Even if it's her own Shock that it's echoing, which itself comes from her ulti?

Yeah for some reason her ultimate is inconsistent, I think it has to be the flat damage and not triggering the DoT

E: how does anyone beat all three Trotters anyway? Best I can do is two if I'm running Kafka.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Remembrance, pretty much.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Maybe one day I'll actually continue story and catch up to poo poo. I basically am barely into the Xianzhou Luofu stuff.

But I got supremely lucky and now have a Level 50 Dan Heng IL + Level 50 Signature Light Cone so uh... yeah I was able to scoot through World 4 SU finally relatively easily. :v:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Clarste posted:

The mission doesn't require you to win, you can trivially get it just by walking forward and not taking detours?

provided you get a layout on 2 that lets you do that, sometimes you get holes that make it impossible to do a straight line

e:

for the ultimate daily thing it has to a) be the ultimate itself that does the final blow and b) has to end the fight entirely. for anything with multiple rounds finishing any round but the last via ult doesn't count

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So if I decide to make Jing Yuan great again, I need his talent at 10. Skill and ult are good at 7? And 146 speed?

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Jing Yuan was never great.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Tell that to his hair.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
My friend's support Jing Yuan was great when I started the game a few weeks ago and wanted to speedrun material/relic farms. Now that I've just hit Equilibrium 5...maybe not as much. So it goes.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

money bags here , have over 5million credits since I skipped on dragon and kekfa

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Do you mean story-wise or gameplay-wise?

Because gameplay wise he's still a regular fixture in successful MoC teams. The weird "Jing Yuan sucks, actually" thing has never really been based in reality.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

jing yuan is good but i can understand being frustrated by his quirks

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
so the 'enter the final boss domain at 0' quest actually means enter it at 1 going to zero and I just wasted like 45 minutes hooray

edit: also the continuous and neverending complaining about jy is very tiring

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I like using Jing Yuan more than Seele, honestly.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Kanos posted:

Do you mean story-wise or gameplay-wise?

Because gameplay wise he's still a regular fixture in successful MoC teams. The weird "Jing Yuan sucks, actually" thing has never really been based in reality.

Seems like that also might've had something to do with prydwen stopping their DPS comparisons

There's some obvious power differences but everyone's got their strengths, and JY is far from the worst at his job.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Xalidur posted:

I like using Jing Yuan more than Seele, honestly.

Same. My only frustration with JY is LL being delayed when he gets CCed. Hoping Fu Xuan’s CC resistance will help out with that.

I think I soured on this game early due to maining Seele. Having a much better time since starting up again using some other dps characters.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

wish you could use items in swarm, at least there be an actual use for them, i know they're trying to make them more useful

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i think i'm missing on what triggers the swarm doing that combo hit its spamming where it all flies at you over and over

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

coolusername posted:

If I get Fu, does she pair well with Blade? My current set up is either something like Bronya/Luocha/fireblazer/Blade or Bronya/Luocha/Gepard/Kafka (because my Tingyun and Luka is e6 but also underleveled and undertraced and underelic’ed because it takes so long to build anyone jesus christ.)
My understanding is that if you have Blade, you wanna role on the Fu banner... but more for Lynx than anything, because her skill both increases the target's max HP and gives it the March 7th shield aggro effect if it's preservation/destruction, so he'll toss out more follow ups and deal more damage from his "damage taken since last turn" effects

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, the theorycraft I've seen shows Lynx as being upwards of a 30% damage increase for Blade.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I have both Blade and Clara, both who probably will love Lynx. Trying to figure out what follow-up heavy teams will be the best, especially after Topaz releases. Blade/Clara/Topaz/Lynx? Blade/Jing/Topaz/Lynx? Either Blade or Clara/Topaz/Bronya/Lynx?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

GateOfD posted:

i think i'm missing on what triggers the swarm doing that combo hit its spamming where it all flies at you over and over

You mean when they're taking their turns? Those bugs are speedy

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

GateOfD posted:

Like most bosses, it'll give you a big warning the turn before, so save any Gepard ultimates / make sure Luocha has his field up then

I assume it does more damage the more juvenile stings are on the field, so try and take out a couple of them at that point.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

It is done. I am finished.

Mode is fun! Definitely have some pretty strong opinions about the paths, but I think it's too simple to say that some are better than others. Rather, I think some have higher potential, but others are more consistent. Abundance and Remembrance are probably the easiest overall, and I probably would have had an easier time with Preservation if I had Gepard. The path that took me the most attempts to clear was Propogation, but I think a large part of that was my lack of understanding how it works. Like, the path bonus and blessings are one thing, but strategy for where to go on the board and when to cheat/reroll took some figuring out. Especially because their swarm occurrences are weird. Once I finally got a decent run, I absolutely smashed everything at the end. I don't think the final boss got a turn after they split up in phase 3.

I did Elation last, particularly because I don't have Clara or Jing Yuan. But it surprisingly went pretty smoothly with a team of Himeko, Kafka, Luocha, and March 7th.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Not So Fast posted:

Like most bosses, it'll give you a big warning the turn before, so save any Gepard ultimates / make sure Luocha has his field up then

I assume it does more damage the more juvenile stings are on the field, so try and take out a couple of them at that point.

Yeah it does more damage the more bugs there are, so you can either try to finish them off asap after the warning, or you can break the boss which will cancel it. In the last phase (when there's two of the big bugs) I tend to hit the original one a bunch to soften up its toughness bar, and if I'm close to breaking it before the warning comes I switch to the other big bug. Then when the warning appears I go back to break the original. I'm not 100% sure that the original one always does the move first between the two, but it seems like it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't think I have ever broken the big bug and won, because that implies I am killing it way too slowly.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Clarste posted:

I don't think I have ever broken the big bug and won, because that implies I am killing it way too slowly.

This is very questionable. Whether or not I'm using a high damage team, stuff gets broken. I suppose I rate the nihility blessing that increases break efficiency pretty highly, but it's so good with almost everything.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Finally made it to Phase 2 in level 5, with Preservation. Lucked into some of the important blessings (though I'm still not at "shields become insane" level and think I might die if I encounter any really strong enemies soon).

Remembrance blessings + Gepard help with limiting damage as well, just through freezing guys.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

AshtonDragon posted:

This is very questionable. Whether or not I'm using a high damage team, stuff gets broken. I suppose I rate the nihility blessing that increases break efficiency pretty highly, but it's so good with almost everything.

It's more that the boss is only vulnerable to Quantum and Imaginary (neither of which I'm using) and one random element. "Stuff" gets broken all the time, sure, but not the big bug. He's got a chunky toughness meter too.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Clarste posted:

It's more that the boss is only vulnerable to Quantum and Imaginary (neither of which I'm using) and one random element. "Stuff" gets broken all the time, sure, but not the big bug.

Okay, that's honestly fair. You made it sound like you were just killing it too quickly to break, which is bizarre.

Most of my runs were using Silver Wolf, who is great for all the usual reasons, but also because the other supports are kinda underwhelming when you get so many attack/damage/crit buffs from other sources. Her weakness implanting is always nice, although admittedly it has been inconsistent on the final boss. I'm unclear on if it's because they have a higher resistance than other enemies, or if the weakness implanted by the first boss is somehow interfering with it.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

The weakness from the first boss choice doesn't stack with SW.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

God dammit, I was doing so good that time, but had some terrible luck in Kafka's final phase at the end of Phase 2 where she did a bunch of attacks back-to-back without Gepard or my Path Resonance being available to protect everyone. Probably not going to have luck that good again for a while either.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

My team is Luocha/Blade/Bronya/Silver Wolf, so even if I don't get the first boss to make them wind weak, Silver Wolf implants wind every time. I also try to get the 3* hunt blessing to advance forward 100% after breaking. I line up the little guys with Luocha's ultimate (or if I'm lucky I get the second boss boost to make them come with lowered toughness), and Silver Wolf knocks them all down. That feeds her ultimate a bunch to use on the big bugs to chew through their toughness.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Perhaps my problem is that I was sometimes using a character of the extra weakness's type. Like if the boss had fire weakness added, and I had Asta in the team, then maybe Silver Wolf was attempting to add fire weakness sometimes?

Either way, it still worked most of the time. I was regularly breaking the boss with all of my teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

AshtonDragon posted:

Perhaps my problem is that I was sometimes using a character of the extra weakness's type. Like if the boss had fire weakness added, and I had Asta in the team, then maybe Silver Wolf was attempting to add fire weakness sometimes?

Either way, it still worked most of the time. I was regularly breaking the boss with all of my teams.

Yes, that's how it works. The extra weakness from the first boss is handled exactly the same way SW's implanted weaknesses are, they aren't added to the boss in a true fashion.