Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
eve 6 guy cookin again
https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1701473978421027030?t=winFVrw7QYcKECFDrVkoDQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

:drat:

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Thank god twitter can still produce, even if it's rarer.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

There are a surprising number of Something Awful hate accounts for such a small site. Remember that one account that tried to claim these forums are an active hotbed of fascist activity? I mostly laugh at permabanned goons but I hope that person got some help.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

The CIA has money in everything because it's a great way to discredit anti-establishment types

If I ever ran for office, they would be able to easily create a smear campaign on me showing that I am, in fact, a bad poster

feedmyleg has a new favorite as of 13:11 on Sep 12, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

feedmyleg posted:

If I ever ran for office, they would be able to easily create a small campaign on me showing that I am, in fact, a bad poster

nice try narc, run back to your CIA masters and tell them your posts weren't bad enough to fit in

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Maxwells Demon posted:

Thank god twitter can still produce, even if it's rarer.

https://twitter.com/LockedStu/status/1701512112579764470

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

sic semper orphans

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

kazr posted:

I remember reading about the dancing Israelis 10(?) or so years ago and it's some really weird stuff about a dance troupe or something like that of Israeli nationals doing some wonky poo poo around the time 9/11 happened

A quick Google search only shows up incomplete articles from the early 2000s, pro Israel articles, or obviously racist conspiracy theory hits and I don't give a poo poo enough to give it more thought than this

There were plenty of people celebrating 9/11. We're the bad guys after all.

The 'google dancing israelis' thing is specifically an anti-Semitic thing about Israel being involved though.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Aphrodite posted:

There were plenty of people celebrating 9/11. We're the bad guys after all.

The 'google dancing israelis' thing is specifically an anti-Semitic thing about Israel being involved though.

The citizens of the empire were pretty shocked at all the celebrations though

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol at adopting the racist framing of Middle Easterners by Donald Trump et.al., but from the left

The vast majority of people were horrified and saddened

https://twitter.com/arash_tehran/status/1701352487947481162

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I was fascinated and dare I say a little randy

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

lol at adopting the racist framing of Middle Easterners by Donald Trump et.al., but from the left

The vast majority of people were horrified and saddened

https://twitter.com/arash_tehran/status/1701352487947481162

luckily the US then showed the world how evil they were so all's well that ends well

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A little late but the "Crazy Moments in Something Awful History" person is Guy Mann iirc. He also used that account to post a confessional manifesto about the personality disorder that led him to be such a dick to people online, but the obsession continues.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

CommonShore posted:

A little late but the "Crazy Moments in Something Awful History" person is Guy Mann iirc. He also used that account to post a confessional manifesto about the personality disorder that led him to be such a dick to people online, but the obsession continues.

what was their posting gimmick again

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Alan Smithee posted:

just kramering into threads and being a loving rear end in a top hat

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Sucking rear end

https://twitter.com/mathaiaus/status/1701559476799918287

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

CommonShore posted:

just kramering into threads and being a loving rear end in a top hat

Yeah they werent really a gimmick poster as much as a shithead

Someone post the tweet where he is shopping his review of Brendan Fraser’s The Whale pls

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

As a Canadian who can remember the 80s and 90s... when this was new it was something to grumble about, but now I think that this aspect of the language laws are very good and funny.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

An arms race with the other Guy poster to make the absolutely worst loving posts you ever read.

Aphrodite has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Sep 12, 2023

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CommonShore posted:

As a Canadian who can remember the 80s and 90s... when this was new it was something to grumble about, but now I think that this aspect of the language laws are very good and funny.

It's KFC in france!

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Aphrodite posted:

An arms race with the other Guy poster to make the absolutely worst loving posts you ever read.

Guy...Goodbody? I can't even remember their thing. Was that the guy that used to post poo poo loads of photos/gifs but then people realised a fair few of them were pretty misogynistic?

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Roblo posted:

Guy...Goodbody? I can't even remember their thing. Was that the guy that used to post poo poo loads of photos/gifs but then people realised a fair few of them were pretty misogynistic?

Randaconda and/or Wizard Master, probably.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Ok perhaps we can move away from gossiping about other users and the sa moment twitter which used to be about toilets in video game

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Wow and now that the kids are bringing back Garry’s Mod and toilets

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

“I’m a bad little toilet pig” I yelled repeatedly into the sky

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Posting is a flat circle.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Grassy Knowles posted:

Yeah they werent really a gimmick poster as much as a shithead

Someone post the tweet where he is shopping his review of Brendan Fraser’s The Whale pls

I gotchu.

e. Here's a tweet/skeet(?) I actually enjoyed though:

Obnoxipus has a new favorite as of 16:23 on Sep 12, 2023

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Philippe posted:

all circles are flat

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Philippe posted:

More of a flatulent circle, really.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://x.com/ultrakillblast/status/1701590501965902276?s=20

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Alan Smithee posted:

Wow and now that the kids are bringing back Garry’s Mod and toilets

it really is wild that my 7yo is asking me about Garry's mod and putting heads in toilets and I'm like "you know nothing, child"

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

solution to the bully XL problem on the horizon

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Regarde Aduck posted:

luckily the US then showed the world how evil they were so all's well that ends well
As a non-American it was absolutely incredible to watch how quickly and thoroughly the US government managed to piss away all that sympathy.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
bsky-social-6olns-f3fsu

bsky-social-yvyh7-k37tr

bsky-social-o7pvu-fh366

Innocuous Owl
Apr 9, 2011

Sneaky Pig!

`Nemesis posted:

bsky-social-6olns-f3fsu

bsky-social-yvyh7-k37tr

bsky-social-o7pvu-fh366

Taken, thanks!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

`Nemesis posted:

bsky-social-o7pvu-fh366

Used this one, thanks! :cheers:

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Splicer posted:

As a non-American it was absolutely incredible to watch how quickly and thoroughly the US government managed to piss away all that sympathy.

Well you have to remember that a majority of voters didn't want GW and his cabinet full of murderers and torturers originally. Luckily we fixed that problem forever after

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Oh wow I finally got in. Snagged the first one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Splicer posted:

Yeah, and I remember the lead-up to the invasion of Iraq - there were enormous anti-war protests all around the world and in the US, and it made absolutely zero difference.

quote:

ON 15 FEBRUARY 2003, with the storm clouds of the Iraq war gathering, worldwide protests took place against the impending US-UK invasion.
Between 8 million to 30 million people took part in co-ordinated protests in 60 countries, a mass gathering described as the largest protest event in world history.
While around a million turned out in London, Ireland saw perhaps the highest per-capita protest, with around 100,000 people turning out to oppose forthcoming invasion and occupation of Saddam Hussein’s Iraq.

edit: adding source https://www.thejournal.ie/iraq-march-dublin-2003-2864415-Jul2016/