Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Wherever Chucky goes from here I'll follow :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Chris James 2 posted:

Wherever Chucky goes from here I'll follow :hellyeah:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Naked Man Punch posted:

Where to go after that? S4 has to be either in space or Chucky has access to a time machine.

I would loving love a serious historical horror series that also just has a time traveling Chucky in it.

Like The Terror but a ginger murder muppet is scampering around the ship with a carving knife. He rides the polar bear in the climax.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Across the Chuckiverse

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Naked Man Punch posted:

Where to go after that? S4 has to be either in space or Chucky has access to a time machine.

You could squeeze in Chucky as the Secretary-General of the United Nations next

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Ambitious Spider posted:

First Daimajin is pretty great. I'm loving this "samurai flick + monsters" subgenre. thanks for the recommendation

The first Daimajin is a visually stunning film. Very surprising if you're expecting something cheesy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Watch Chucky start a loving war

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

Seems a shame he got Lt. Col. Shelton (SIR!!!) and Col. Cochrane killed, then.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Class3KillStorm posted:

Seems a shame he got Lt. Col. Shelton (SIR!!!) and Col. Cochrane killed, then.

Voodoo can fix that.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
In the future, earth is populated entirely by Chucky dolls. No humans have survived. They are curiosities that only exist on display as lifelike models in museums. A Chucky museum curator becomes curious about what human society was like before their eradication, and experiments with an occult procedure to bring one of the museum displays back to life.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The opening of t2 but it’s a Chucky doll stomping a human skull

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

2,000 Chucky dolls dressed up as a Roman legion, hacking their way through Gaul.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

ruddiger posted:

I'm imagining these little plastic feet hopping up and down on it, doing nothing, and cursing up a storm. "God loving damnit why won't this goddamn skull break you MOTHER FUCKER!"

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

ruddiger posted:

That Indian knockoff of T2 but it's a giant Chucky doll made out of Chucky dolls.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Apropos of nothing, it's extremely uncool how nobody has cast Sam Neill in a cool horror role in a very long time

Also, here's some Flannigan for y'all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvuAWVzP6wI

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Baron von Eevl posted:

I'm imagining these little plastic feet hopping up and down on it, doing nothing, and cursing up a storm. "God loving damnit why won't this goddamn skull break you MOTHER FUCKER!"

He was buff chucky last season. He could be leg day chucky this season

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The Chucky TV show is incredible and has found a great mix of complete insanity and actual horror.

It's also kind of weird to think of what Charles Lee Ray even is any more. He can put his soul into living and non-living things. He can split it into hundreds of different bodies and they can even have different personalities. If there's a Hell in this universe are there going to be hundreds of Charles Lee Rays in there? And if they all turn back into one soul, what about that one Chucky that actually was a nice guy? He doesn't deserve that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That nice chucky was a drat liar

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vYipYSDhtQ

Seems like the same kinda vibe as Freaky and Happy Death Day, so I'm on board.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I hope Brad Dourif makes a physical appearance on the Chucky tv show once.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

davidspackage posted:

On the other hand, replacing him with Fiona Dourif in drag as her own father was a loving masterstroke.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

O...kay. I wouldn't say I'm sold in that I love it, but they got my attention and I'm gonna watch it.

If you told me 10 years ago that I was gonna really like Sally Draper in a bunch of horror movies, I'd ask you why this is what you're using your powers of prophecy for.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Thank you, Kiernan Shipka, for embracing your destiny as 'cute blonde scream queen'. Emma Roberts walked so you could run (away from a killer).

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

feedmyleg posted:

Also, here's some Flannigan for y'all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvuAWVzP6wI

Man I don't like the way this looks at all. It's so visually flat and dull. It's impossible not to be reminded of Corman's Poe films since this show seems to be adapting a lot of the same stories and the comparison does this no favors.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

davidspackage posted:

He had a cameo in Curse, but he's too old to play Charles Lee Ray at this point I think. It'd either have to be his "brother" in present-day or just a random character.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Oh yeah, I didn't really mean as Ray. Like Devon Sawa, he could just show up as a completely different character, maybe a single episode where he plays a kindly figure who gets brutally killed.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

it’s gonna turn out her teenage mom is the murderer, for sure, right?

Conrad_Birdie fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 12, 2023

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Xiahou Dun posted:

2,000 Chucky dolls dressed up as a Roman legion, hacking their way through Gaul.

I would like to hear the Brad Dourif Chucky scream x2000, yes.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Heavy "The Final Girls" vibes with her dealing with her teenaged mom, even if they were specifically going for a Back to the Future riff.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Conrad_Birdie posted:

it’s gonna turn out her teenage mom is the murder, for sure, right.

If they do, I hope they end up going for a riff on that deleted ending from The Butterfly Effect, where she stops her mom and ends up erasing herself from existence. Just go for maximum sci-fi ridiculous-ness.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

They could have Brad Dourif play himself and get possessed by Chucky, gently caress it let's get even dumber and more meta!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Nikumatic posted:

Heavy "The Final Girls" vibes with her dealing with her teenaged mom, even if they were specifically going for a Back to the Future riff.

I don't quite see this one as having a moment the same as the Bette Davis Eyes moment.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I still can't hear that song without tearing up, just a little. What an incredible film.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Return of Daimajin is pretty great, even if it's essentially the same movie. It's got some great atmosphere and nice foggy sets. Daimajin's eventual attack feels much more apocalyptic in this one. These are more similar than the Yokai monsters flicks, but I'm still having a good time with them

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

King Vidiot posted:

They could have Brad Dourif play himself and get possessed by Chucky, gently caress it let's get even dumber and more meta!

I mean, the series already established it can go meta as gently caress with entries like Seed so this isn't that outlandish of an idea.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I still can't hear that song without tearing up, just a little. What an incredible film.

Slowed down dragula? Same

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Ambitious Spider posted:

Return of Daimajin is pretty great, even if it's essentially the same movie. It's got some great atmosphere and nice foggy sets. Daimajin's eventual attack feels much more apocalyptic in this one. These are more similar than the Yokai monsters flicks, but I'm still having a good time with them

They kind of all have a different elemental theme and I liked that; the first movie heavily focuses on earth, the second on water, and the third on ice. All three were also all made in the same year with a lot of the same crew!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ambitious Spider posted:

Return of Daimajin is pretty great, even if it's essentially the same movie.

Now I don't want to spoil you on the third movie,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Talk to Me is on VOD now and it kicks absolute rear end

I felt like I was gonna barf from stress