Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't buy that whole "conservative dickheads" theory. 76 showed the world was all green and happy yet 20 years in, then the residents started launching nukes at each other for the luls.

That's what ended the world. War with China is clearly a vault tec conspiracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Azhais posted:

I don't buy that whole "conservative dickheads" theory. 76 showed the world was all green and happy yet 20 years in, then the residents started launching nukes at each other for the luls.

That's what ended the world. War with China is clearly a vault tec conspiracy

Oh wow I can't believe a Bethesda Fallout completely missed the point the original games are trying to make.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

SniperWoreConverse posted:

ok, skyrim might seem "trad" if you just look at it for exactly 1 second and don't think about anything. It could very vaguely seem like some sort of idealized alternate reality past sort of thing. It's idk, not really pushing much of an ideology. You can decide to do whatever, up to a certain point, it isn't anything super substantial, it really isn't that much

Whoever said Morrowind is insane. Is this based on Dagoth Ur memes? This game is p much entirely about the obliteration of the status quo and irrevocable permanent destruction of like 5000 years of in-setting cultural traditions. I think it was at least partially written on illegal hallucinogens and / or a severe, medically-dangerous bender. It depicts a conservative society that's in the process of being destroyed. Unless you completely disregard the main quest you have a strong hand in doing it lol

rimworld i do utopian communes every time lol

i just keep seeing other ones on there that are -- this is just -- man -- the dude -- lol this is dumb enough to be real i spent more effort on this post than was needed

its games where you can kill things. thats it. that is how much anyone who describes themselves as a 'conservative gamer' is thinking about it.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Take this derail outside, video games are for children.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Action-Bastard posted:

No, I need my rear end in a top hat to smell like Autumn.

Content:

Sniper Elite V2 is a game where you can shoot Hitler in the nuts. I say that makes it an antifa classic.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

cool kids inc. posted:

I know you said not to clarify, but it's gonna drive me nuts.

Dacryphilia is crying or tears. The fuckin is so good can't help but cry (or other, darker turns but hey, it's FetLife, so in theory it's Consensual)

I was gonna say god damnit regardless, but god damnit.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

I was gonna say god damnit regardless, but god damnit.

Gonna cry about it?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

madeintaipei posted:

Gonna cry about it?!

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Revengeance ? Really ? The game where a conservative US Senator is literally the final boss ?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Chrpno posted:

Take this derail outside, video games are for children.

pff, weak conservative attempt to control artistic expression

emSparkly posted:

Sniper Elite V2 is a game where you can shoot Hitler in the nuts. I say that makes it an antifa classic.

yeah what the poo poo? And how about stalker? What the gently caress makes Quake conservative?

OMFG FURRY posted:

its games where you can kill things. thats it. that is how much anyone who describes themselves as a 'conservative gamer' is thinking about it.

apparently. can't tell is that dead or alive volleyball down there? must been the swimwear got that one in.

Kafouille posted:

Revengeance ? Really ? The game where a conservative US Senator is literally the final boss ?

yeah it's gotta be fuckin fake

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I mean it's not like conservative people are known for internalizing the messaging and subtext.

wh40k meme here

Most conservative types like Bethesda games because you can mod yourself to be a fascist super soldier and subjugate [minority]. The rest I chalk up to semi-dangerous dorks who think they're the "good guy with the gun."

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Sep 12, 2023

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
With entries like Touhou and 40k it's clear they thought "Oh /v/ likes this game, that means it's based and redpilled"

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

madeintaipei posted:

Gonna cry about it?

Yeah and there's nothing you can do about it.

Punishment for wanking is spanking.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Karate Bastard posted:

Yeah and there's nothing you can do about it.

Punishment for wanking is spanking.

"Punishment"?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I cant believe in 2023 people are still trying to understand or rationalize anything that comes from conservatives. You dont stop for even a second to try and make sense of it, because there is none, thats the whole point. Dont grant any of it any credence at all, ever.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Dare you face the hairy man???

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Zelda is the weird one to me. I don't really catch any relevant political messaging from a right or left wing perspective from Ocarina of Time without some pretty generous interpretation. Unless Ganondorf is supposed to be antifa or something?

I think some of these are just really popular and well-liked games so they wanted to claim them to make conservatism cool by association.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Willatron posted:

Zelda is the weird one to me. I don't really catch any relevant political messaging from a right or left wing perspective from Ocarina of Time without some pretty generous interpretation. Unless Ganondorf is supposed to be antifa or something?

I think some of these are just really popular and well-liked games so they wanted to claim them to make conservatism cool by association.

At most you get "monarchy is good" or maybe something about child soldiers, but only if you squint, stand on one leg, and are an idiot

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Action-Bastard posted:

No, I need my rear end in a top hat to smell like Autumn.

Content:

So while other people have mentioned more obvious ones, the one that stumps me the most here is Silent Hill 3 and makes me think the whole list at that point is either fake or AI generated or something. That and Killzone 2. Really weird picks from series.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Y'all are thinking way too hard about this. They asked their conservative audience what games are conservative, and they thought "well, I like this game, and I'm conservative, so it must be conservativecore".

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
CoD is obvious because that's where they and all their friends say the n-word over voice chat

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Mauser posted:

CoD is obvious because that's where they and all their friends say the n-word over voice chat

ARMA, where you can learn new and fabulous slurs in any language imaginable while listening to fellow players try to figure out what the gently caress the mod creator was trying to do in the UI editor.

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Y'all are thinking way too hard about this.

how DARE you accuse us goons of thinking too hard about video games

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021
I'm conservative and I also enjoy these games. Therefore, these games are essentially conservative

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

caspergers posted:

I'm conservative and I also enjoy these games. Therefore, these games are essentially conservative

E: I didn't read Poops Mcgoots comment and I feel very stupid

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Y'all are thinking way too hard about this. They asked their conservative audience what games are conservative, and they thought "well, I like this game, and I'm conservative, so it must be conservativecore".

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It’s the same thought process these people use to claim they aren’t racist despite doing and saying racist poo poo all the time: “racists are bad but I’m good therefore I can’t be a racist”

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Most RPGs where you can play as Lawful Evil can be classified as conservative.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
:mods:

bring back the image tax

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

How long before some horrid pervert screams that this hole was made for him and drops his pants?
:gonk:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

By popular demand posted:

How long before some horrid pervert screams that this hole was made for him and drops his pants?
:gonk:

I think you're the first.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Absolutly not, I'm well known for my discriminitory practices against non human holes (NHHs)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

WELL known I tell you.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

MSPain posted:

:mods:

bring back the image tax

What sort of friend lives in there?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Possibly a spider.
Good news: spiders are our friends and allies against the insect scourge.
Bad news: they don't appreciate random appendages inserted into their homes.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

By popular demand posted:

Possibly a spider.
Good news: spiders are our friends and allies against the insect scourge.
Bad news: they don't appreciate random appendages inserted into their homes.

It's a really, terribly, honestly terrible photo but I once stayed in a house in Bend, OR, with a bunch of people and we found a "trap door" type hatch in the kitchen of the place. It led down to a cellar that the owner had told us to not try to enter. That cellar was ALL black widow spiders and their nests or egg sacs or whatever. It's hard to tell but the walls were crawling with them.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Catastrophe posted:

It's a really, terribly, honestly terrible photo but I once stayed in a house in Bend, OR, with a bunch of people and we found a "trap door" type hatch in the kitchen of the place. It led down to a cellar that the owner had told us to not try to enter. That cellar was ALL black widow spiders and their nests or egg sacs or whatever. It's hard to tell but the walls were crawling with them.

Don't enter.
Hmmmm, I can see why he said that now.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Don't Widow Open Inside

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Catastrophe posted:

quote:

This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here.

What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger.

The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.

The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours.

The danger is to the body, and it can kill.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Catastrophe posted:

When you entered the cellar you were specifically told not to enter; what did you expect the ideal outcome to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

codo27 posted:

I cant believe in 2023 people are still trying to understand or rationalize anything that comes from conservatives. You dont stop for even a second to try and make sense of it, because there is none, thats the whole point. Dont grant any of it any credence at all, ever.

Conservatives will co-opt and corrupt anything, if it means they gain something from it. They don't care about being blatant hypocrites, and dunking on them for it is a gigantic waste of time. Despite this, liberals love to pat themselves on the back and huff their own farts chuckling at how ~foolish~ those conservatives are being, teehee.

Also,

Wasabi the J posted:

I mean it's not like conservative people are known for internalizing the messaging and subtext.

wh40k meme here

Most conservative types like Bethesda games because you can mod yourself to be a fascist super soldier and subjugate [minority]. The rest I chalk up to semi-dangerous dorks who think they're the "good guy with the gun."

40k used to be a mocking parody, but has been Flanderized to the point where the newer generation of writers are basically playing it (the imperium) straight. So, yeah, modern 40k really is "FASCISM IS FUKKEN COOL, HARD MEN HARD CHOICES :black101:"