Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

the milk machine posted:

we should be ok as long as we can solve climate change by making and buying a bunch of new stuff and throwing away the old stuff

I remember reading a while back that we could probably plant our way out of climate change if we planted something like a trillion trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

the milk machine posted:

we should be ok as long as we can solve climate change by making and buying a bunch of new stuff and throwing away the old stuff

Maybe we should throw away THIS POST.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
let me just check the carbon output figures for rare earth mineral mining...

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Maybe we should throw away THIS POST.

what the gently caress??

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[buffalo soldierishly] close to death monkey...

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

the milk machine posted:

what the gently caress??

Don't gently caress with the milk machine

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zeroisanumber posted:

I remember reading a while back that we could probably plant our way out of climate change if we planted something like a trillion trees.

Drought will ensure they just catch fire and blot out the sun.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

the milk machine posted:

I've been training my whole life for this

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

just lasso an asteroid already, sheesh

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

petit choux posted:

I imagine sodium is as dangerous as lithium though, if I remember high school chemistry right

more, as you move down the alkali metal group you get more reactive

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
seems like sodium works just fine in the ocean :)

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Even the bikes are electric for our fat asses now. America is a nation of lazy fatasses that think they can recharge their masculinity by watching televised sports.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

petit choux posted:

Even the bikes are electric for our fat asses now. America is a nation of lazy fatasses that think they can recharge their masculinity by watching televised sports.

based on domestic violence stats it’s working.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i live in a college town and every day I almost accidentally hit an escooter, bike, or whatever the gently caress those one-wheeled things are using pedestrian cross walks . I hate them

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Last Chance posted:

i live in a college town and every day I almost accidentally hit an escooter, bike, or whatever the gently caress those one-wheeled things are using pedestrian cross walks . I hate them

Maybe consider not living in a college town then.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I was just in DC visiting some museums with family and those e-scooters are everywhere and they're loving annoying. People just whip around on the sidewalk halfway out of control

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

petit choux posted:

Maybe consider not living in a college town then.

I am

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i'm glad those things make you spin around in the crosswalk every morning and then your briefcase opens and all the papers fall out

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I have an e-scooter for trackside use. they’re dangerous as hell. Despite having suspension(allegedly) hitting a rock or a roughly paved at speed means you’re gonna fuckin die.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Major w for Elon.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Last Chance posted:

Skill issue

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

you should still learn to drive even if you're moving somewhere else

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
https://twitter.com/DisneyPrimePlus/status/1701615965803257868?t=9L5WlucASa0jwyRGSTe1rA&s=19

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/09/12/russias-vladimir-putin-praises-elon-musk-as-an-outstanding-person.html

Russia's Putin praises Elon Musk as an 'outstanding person' and 'talented businessman'
PUBLISHED TUE, SEP 12 2023 8:14 AM EDT
UPDATED 3 HOURS AGO

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday praised Elon Musk, calling the Tesla and SpaceX founder a "talented businessman."

Putin made the comments at the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok, Russia, as he spoke about Russia's space program.

"Elon Musk ... is undoubtedly an outstanding person. It must be admitted. I think the whole world admits it. He is an active, talented businessman," Putin said, according to a Reuters translation.

Putin said Musk does business with the support of the U.S. state.

The Russian president added that Moscow is "willing to develop" support for private businesses in the country.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
driving escooters on the sidewalk in DC is egregious because holy hell do we have literally all the bike lanes

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Not gonna lie “Drilling into a dormant volcano to mine rare elements to appease corporate overlords” sounds like the start of a disaster movie of the early 00s where LA gets destroyed by a mega volcano and critics would say it’s too on the nose in its message

I drilled into ur mom's dormant volcano oops this isn't the Trump thread

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Filthy Hans posted:

I drilled into ur mom's dormant volcano oops this isn't the Trump thread

The implication their moms volcano is still dormant post drilling isnt the own you think it is, op

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

fizzy posted:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/09/12/russias-vladimir-putin-praises-elon-musk-as-an-outstanding-person.html

Russia's Putin praises Elon Musk as an 'outstanding person' and 'talented businessman'
UPDATED 3 HOURS AGO

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday praised Elon Musk, calling the Tesla and SpaceX founder a "talented businessman."

Putin made the comments at the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok, Russia, as he spoke about Russia's space program.

"Elon Musk ... is undoubtedly an outstanding person. It must be admitted. I think the whole world admits it. He is an active, talented businessman," Putin said, according to a Reuters translation.

The Russian president added that Moscow is "willing to develop" support for private businesses in the country.

lol why is he glazing elon so much like this. Please take him lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Vladimir Putin ftw.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Vladimir Putin ftw.

He is so thirsty to see America go through what Russia did in the 90s.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

The REAL Goobusters posted:

hes giving him the trump treatment

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Vladimir Putin ftw.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

he has correctly identified that musk is a vain dumbass

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

he got trump to do whatever he wanted by saying "wow trump is so handsome and smart" so it's wortyh a shot

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

you should still learn to drive even if you're moving somewhere else

yeah I phrased that wrong, I meant that I’m waiting for the day that one of those things hits my car by accident due to them illegally using pedestrian walkways for their motorized vehicles.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Person who has only watched one movie franchise: Wow, this is like a Transformers movie!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Last Chance posted:

yeah I phrased that wrong, I meant that I’m waiting for the day that one of those things hits my car by accident due to them illegally using pedestrian walkways for their motorized vehicles.

Yeah, that's better, puts you in a better light

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

fizzy posted:

UPDATED 3 HOURS AGO

lmao putin knows exactly what this going to do lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Last Chance posted:

lol oh no my car almost got hit by a person, i better move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

lol oh no my car almost got hit by a person, i better move

Eh, traveling by car in a college town can be harrowing with all the foot traffic, let alone the dumbfucks flouting traffic law, I can relate. Sorry it's such a PITA for you.