Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

If it was me, I'd just be placing my cards immediately, and then constantly second guessing myself until the turn ran out since my opponent with DD has perfect information on that turn.

Like, "Should I? Should I not? Should I change it up? Can I figure out a line where they can't stop me no matter what?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Re: the pantheon variants, is it possible ADIA is an AI-generating art studio? Because a lot of their artwork looks AI-y

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Looking things over and kind of going through cards I never use and trying to think if there's a way to use them, I thought of something:

How many cards have identical texts, not counting the set of 6 "no text at all" cards in their non-evolved state?

We've got Namor and Orca
Rocket, Groot, and Drax

Is that it?
Blade and Swordmaster used to be both "discard one card at random" but now Blade is always the rightmost card.
Cable and Mantis are very close, same effect just that Mantis has the conditional on it. But it does make the card text non-identical.

V V V Not identical, though. Starlord is +3, Gamora is +5, the other Guardians are all +2 V V V

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 12, 2023

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Star Lord and Gamora also have the same text as Groot Rocket and Drax (and they all suffer because of it)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sandwolf posted:

Re: the pantheon variants, is it possible ADIA is an AI-generating art studio? Because a lot of their artwork looks AI-y

It's the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Alioth is tons of fun and I regret spending 4 caches less after a few games.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

What's your deck list?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

standard HEVO control. daredevil really puts in the work

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (3) Storm
# (3) Cyclops
# (4) High Evolutionary
# (4) The Thing
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Abomination
# (6) Alioth
# (6) Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY29ycGlvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVmZlRoZUJhYnlMYW5kU2hhcmsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDeWNsb3BzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIaWdoRXZvbHV0aW9uYXJ5In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaGVUaGluZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWJvbWluYXRpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFsaW90aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSHVsayJ9XX0=

not a revelation, but if I have Alioth and my opponent is clearly waiting till T6/7 to go all in on the second lane they need, I'm good. Alioth or the threat thereof really forces you to spread out

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

I definitely like the looks of it.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

New Leaf posted:

Apparently Shuri is dominating again. I went back to my old Shuri/Sauron standby and its an easy climb. Your power outpaces Loki easily. Armor and Vision help with Aloth but I haven't really encountered him yet.

I used Shuri/Kitty for infinite. Very easy climb.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Sandwolf posted:

ADIA
< - >
AI, da!

It checks out.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

believe they're based out of china, so it's prolly reasonable to assume they incorporate some level of ai considering the tools already available to the public. i know some people really like their style, but since it's a marvel game, i prefer much more traditional look to the art on the cards.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://www.adiadigital.com/

i feel like going 'they're chinese so they must be using AI' is weird tbqh

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Fate Accomplice posted:

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Storm
# (3) Cyclops
# (4) High Evolutionary
# (4) The Thing
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Abomination
# (6) Alioth
# (6) Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY29ycGlvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVmZlRoZUJhYnlMYW5kU2hhcmsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDeWNsb3BzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIaWdoRXZvbHV0aW9uYXJ5In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaGVUaGluZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWJvbWluYXRpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFsaW90aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSHVsayJ9XX0=

not a revelation, but if I have Alioth and my opponent is clearly waiting till T6/7 to go all in on the second lane they need, I'm good. Alioth or the threat thereof really forces you to spread out
This deck is good

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Fate Accomplice posted:

Daredevil really does, thank you for the 8 cuber, sorry about the double Leader.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Leader behind Dark Dimension/Invisible Woman wouldn't do anything anyway, I'm pretty sure.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It does, if x wasn't there guy would have gotten 2 hulks in that lane

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
One thing I learned today is that Leader won't copy a card that blows itself up in the Danger Room. I thought it would make the copy even though oppo had priority.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I like the brevity, but Alioth's animation is severely underwhelming.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

lmao I finally decided to push infinite and there are 30,000+ people there already???? Holy poo poo there are way more people playing this than I thought. So why the hell are there so many bots?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm gonna come out and say, even as a alioth haver, that alioth meta is bad. Basically it's just old aero in terms of denial/control where the guy with the lead coming into turn 6 wins

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I'm gonna come out and say, even as a alioth haver, that alioth meta is bad. Basically it's just old aero in terms of denial/control where the guy with the lead coming into turn 6 wins

As someone who did not own Aero or Leader during that meta I'm kind of enjoying it

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Devo posted:

lmao I finally decided to push infinite and there are 30,000+ people there already???? Holy poo poo there are way more people playing this than I thought. So why the hell are there so many bots?

They've said they're not doing bots in infinite this season, as a test. If you're playing infinite and someone's playing like a loon, they're just a loon.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Quackles posted:

They've said they're not doing bots in infinite this season, as a test. If you're playing infinite and someone's playing like a loon, they're just a loon.

I just made infinite. Lots of bots on the climb.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Yeah I predict a similar nerf, maybe not till the season is over, as Aero got. Only the first (or last) card played on that lane gets destroyed, not everything.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah I predict a similar nerf, maybe not till the season is over, as Aero got. Only the first (or last) card played on that lane gets destroyed, not everything.

Alioth would be really bad if it only destroys one card (unless they gave it more power to make up for it)

Don’t read too much into the first few hours of a card imo but my initial impression is that it’s actually a decently balanced card - Aero and Leader worked across the entire board, Alioth is stuck in one lane

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alioth only hits the one lane, at least.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Preliminary results with Alioth/Galactus deck, great deck if you like to see people lose their mind :lol:

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010

New Leaf posted:

Apparently Shuri is dominating again. I went back to my old Shuri/Sauron standby and its an easy climb. Your power outpaces Loki easily. Armor and Vision help with Aloth but I haven't really encountered him yet.

Anecdotal, but I hate playing Shuri right now. Most predictable deck in the game. It's supposed to have a good matchup into Loki, but if they Loki on 4 they can Sauron/Shuri you right back. Not to mention the incessant last-turn comebacks from decks running Shadow King or Valkyrie. Galactus, on the other hand, has gotten me back all the ranks I lost playing Shuri and then some.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
People are gonna absolutely hate Alioth because of the Galactus interaction, that’s for sure

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

wyoak posted:

People are gonna absolutely hate Alioth because of the Galactus interaction, that’s for sure

I was just coming here to bitch. Ramp Galactus to Ailoth is creeping up and it's bugging the hell out of me.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah, I feel like Galactus was finally in a good spot now with the Spider-man change and this just takes him right back to being insufferable.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Here's a counter deck that dunks on Galactus:

Fight like hell for priority going into turn 6, generally, then Alioth or Hulk as needed.

Against Big G, load up the lane you think they'll play Galactus on so it's close then flip it on turn 5.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Mt Vesuvius blocks your retreat even after it's been destroyed by Galactus. Get ready to lose a lot of frustrating cubes.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Alioth is interesting because it’sa control card that doesn’t want to be behind on the last turn. I’ve been playing a version of the High Evo deck that was posted but replacing the low power lockdown cards with higher stat cards. The Ideas is you go into the final turn ahead and then you never see what they played.

It fucks up Galactus too because it’s not hard to be above 7 on the land they want to play in to.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
This is the deck that took me to infinite. I crossed today before people started playing Alioth.

quote:

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Ant Man
# (2) Mirage
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (3) Juggernaut
# (4) Rescue
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Valkyrie
# (5) Gamora
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWlyYWdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZWZmVGhlQmFieUxhbmRTaGFyayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1Z2dlcm5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJlc2N1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdhbW9yYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmFsa3lyaWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yRmFudGFzdGljIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbnRNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

It is very powerful against Shuri and Loki because you can lock one lane down and then Valkyrie the lane they thought they had won.

It’sa great deck for mind games like playing Rescue and then locking down a different lane with Prof X while they try to overcome Rescue. In general you are trying to get them to overcommit to the wrong lane. Lots of games where I won two lanes by like three points and lost the last by fifteen.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

doingitwrong posted:

Alioth is interesting because it’sa control card that doesn’t want to be behind on the last turn. I’ve been playing a version of the High Evo deck that was posted but replacing the low power lockdown cards with higher stat cards. The Ideas is you go into the final turn ahead and then you never see what they played.

Can I ask what your version is? I'm always down to improve.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

I've been trying to save gold for bundles but, well. Dan Hipp Alioth in store was not something I could resist.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

They're not paying Hipp enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

I ended up grabbing the pass just so I could get gold for that variant.

I planned on buying at the end of the month but oh well I guess I finally have an excuse to use this Quinjet.