Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1569325388349800452

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I always fall for it goddamit

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Bomberman 64 owned. I got all those gold cards with no guide. Then you unlock the secret level when your tuturial buddy betrays you by stealing the cosmic cube thing but not before he blasts the original villain with a huge gently caress off laser hell yeah. That was all a suprise to me. But gently caress that one bomb jumping level :mad:

And yeah the multiplayer was amazing

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

This thread did the exact same thing last year. It wasn't funny then and it ain't funny now!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It’s pretty funny tbqh

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
But it would've been real last year!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Augus posted:

It’s pretty funny tbqh

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I hope they show off more info on the BotW sequel.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Won’t happen for obvious reasons, but imagine Prince playing Tingle in a Zelda movie

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Huh, Baten Kaitos on Thursday, that kind of snuck up on me. Another release I ain't got time for :smith:

https://nintendoeverything.com/interview-baten-kaitos-i-ii-hd-remaster-gamecube/

quote:

While we know the content itself is the same, did the team implement any gameplay adjustments? What sort of work went into updating the graphics for both titles?

We did not adjust the gameplay, level design, or parameters in the game as we wanted to respect the experience of the time. Instead, we have added useful usability features such as game speed adjustment and enemy encounter cancellation.

For graphics, the main characters, battle backgrounds, and bosses have been re-modeled or brushed up from the original models, and the towns and dungeons which are expressed in 2D, have been remade in a higher resolution so that they can be displayed beautifully on the Nintendo Switch while keeping the original art materials. We have taken care not to destroy the atmosphere and image of the original game.

Also, since the game was originally a 4:3 game, many minor problems occurred when changing it to 16:9. We had to make sure to fix issues to have the best experience possible for players.

Some fans were disappointed to hear that this release will only include Japanese voice acting even though an English dub was originally included in the original GameCube versions. Can you explain why Bandai Namco opted to go with Japanese voices only in the HD remaster?

In developing the remastered version, we tried to make adjustments on some of the expressions to match the current era. That’s why we made the difficult decision not to use English VOs for this remastered version, due to the discrepancies that will happen.

With Baten Kaitos now making a comeback after so many years and even director Yasuyuki Honne showing some interest in a third title, many are curious about the franchise’s future. Is there any interest on Bandai Namco’s side in making a brand new game in the series, perhaps if this HD release sells well?

There are no plans for a sequel currently. Our focus right now is to make sure that this great JRPG work created by great creators from our industry is well-remastered, delivered to our players, and be enjoyed all over the world.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:doh:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I got owned. Helps not to remember what year it is.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Huh, Baten Kaitos on Thursday, that kind of snuck up on me. Another release I ain't got time for :smith:

https://nintendoeverything.com/interview-baten-kaitos-i-ii-hd-remaster-gamecube/

The return of 2 week long 100% speedruns

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You heard it here, folks!!!!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I just want to seamlessly run into the goatse shrines without stopping to load

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Every is the idea behind the stupid switch 2 mock up joycon in ark the mock ups? I do not understand why they are like that. What patent or function are they based on?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
"no load times" is such a stupid claim even for clickbait

Maybe on a first party nintendo optimized game but man they are underestimating how badly a game can be designed

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's not gonna have any load times cause it won't have any games

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Inzombiac posted:

nothing to load if it has no games

e: gently caress

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I’m hyped

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

For what?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Nintendo is going to reveal Nintendo Switch 2 after they had to delay Nintendo Switch Pro last March

there were chip shortages so they redesigned it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Same.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
if you make a game have load times on the switch 2, nintendo kills you

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

It took exactly 12 minutes for my ten-year-old son to go from "this looks stupid" to "I love this game"

Vampire Survivors. The best three dollar value in history.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Inzombiac posted:

Finally. The PC of gaming.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Nintendo direct?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The Nintendo direct?

I'm sure there's one on its way soon, but that quoted tweet, if you haven't already figured it out from the various replies on this page, is from last year.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Excited for some cool reveals

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
The real question is: will the Super Switch have enough power to support themes and folders on release?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Excited for some cool reveals

me too

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

OhFunny posted:

The real question is: will the Super Switch have enough power to support themes and folders on release?

no but all the game icons will be animated

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

maybealabia posted:

sick

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I didn’t mean to derail the thread I just have a couple long flights tomorrow and Thursday and I hoped I could see it :smith:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I want to stream the Switch on twitch(or whatever) but I don't have a capture card or an Xbox One (the two most common solutions found by googling this). The game(s) I want to stream is jackbox so input lag is not really an issue.

Is there a cheaper way to do this other than just using my phone to livestream what's happening on my TV?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

maybealabia posted:

I hope I can turn those off

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

maybealabia posted:

game names will all be read in the super mario wonder flower voice

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It's not gonna have any load times cause it won't have any games

The games will all be Game & Watch, as in, the Switch 2 is all of the LCD bits embedded into one screen for easy access. Let's see Sony and Microsoft copy that!

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Away all Goats posted:

I want to stream the Switch on twitch(or whatever) but I don't have a capture card or an Xbox One (the two most common solutions found by googling this). The game(s) I want to stream is jackbox so input lag is not really an issue.

Is there a cheaper way to do this other than just using my phone to livestream what's happening on my TV?

If it's really only jackbox, the cheapest option may just be buying the jackbox games on steam and using OBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Away all Goats posted:

If you have a hacked Switch you could use SysDVR to enable video out over USB, which would allow you to send video to your PC without a capture card.