Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

500excf type r posted:

yeah loud motorcycles are definitely a problem

:thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

Stereotype posted:

I took the bus there from Reno which was nice, so while I did fly across the ocean, I didn't get a car and drive in

People get uniquely bent out of shape about burning man when every sports game in the nation looks like this:

Not my stadium. Could be denser tbh

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Gabagool posted:

Not my stadium. Could be denser tbh

I got shitfaced there a couple of times

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

mystes posted:

So I guess banning gas ones would be on ok start

First they came for the incandescent bulbs and I did not speak out because I was not a dumbass

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

mystes posted:

I guess electric ones are at least slightly quieter theoretically? So I guess banning gas ones would be on ok start

It seems like electric lawnmowers are substantially quieter too? I was outside yesterday and someone was using one and they were still wearing ear protection but from where I was in the street it was actually fairly quiet
electric blowers and mowers are way way quieter. gas mowers usually have at least some muffling but gas blowers are horrid.
electrics are also way smoother, no reciprocating mass makes them much less tiring to ride/hold

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
i have an electric mower and it's nice. easy to maintain and i don't have to worry about it not starting after sitting for months. only downside is since i never mow because gently caress mowing it struggles with the long rear end grass

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Platystemon posted:

I thought that maybe the guy was overestimating or perhaps rounding slightly with “thousands”.

Oh no.

In 2018,

The year before,

I’m glad that they were able to pull off a miracle in 2017, but it’s certainly going to take a larger one this year. 2017 didn’t have any of this year’s weather issues.

It’s impressive that fully one in twenty people who attended the event both brought a bike and abandoned it.

oh drat that’s WAY more than I thought. when I left I didn’t see that many, but it’s a big place. there’s a crazy graveyard outside gerlach on the road in with thousands of bikes, but you can also buy / rent them there.

I brought one but left it in our container so it’ll be there for me next year.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

saw a guy on a Harley trike with oxygen tubes in his nose :whitewater:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Platystemon posted:

I thought that maybe the guy was overestimating or perhaps rounding slightly with “thousands”.

Oh no.

In 2018,

The year before,

I’m glad that they were able to pull off a miracle in 2017, but it’s certainly going to take a larger one this year. 2017 didn’t have any of this year’s weather issues.

It’s impressive that fully one in twenty people who attended the event both brought a bike and abandoned it.

good thing these aren't ebikes with batteries that will corrode and leech

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

I love all the pieces of 'traffic calming' infrastructure I have to ride through every day that squeeze the lane down to just wide enough for a car, I get the point is that it slows down cars but it also forces cars and bicycles into direct conflict on a street they'd otherwise have plenty of space to pass on. Buddy they didn't build this poo poo because of me, they built it because of you, so don't get annoyed about being temporarily stuck behind me.

I also love all the cars that race to pass me in situations where I'm guaranteed to be faster than them on my bike, most commonly when going down a hill with speed bumps or roundabouts. I know for a fact that no car ever gets stuck behind me when I'm cycling longer than I get stuck behind cars, but if I tried to past them back when I'm able to go faster they'll probably intentionally run me over.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

ArmZ posted:

good thing these aren't ebikes with batteries that will corrode and leech

any ebikes that were left behind definitely got stolen. I actually rode around looking for any abandoned ones on the last day, but it was just a bunch of junk bikes we already had a container full of. I'd guess nearly all of those bikes are $150 Walmart specials.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
two cracked rims you say?

and how much will that be today oh they're like $500 each? guess I better spring for all four of em because it looks like i'm moving in
i loving haaate caarrrsss and our STUPID loving SOCIETY

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Blackhawk posted:

I love all the pieces of 'traffic calming' infrastructure I have to ride through every day that squeeze the lane down to just wide enough for a car, I get the point is that it slows down cars but it also forces cars and bicycles into direct conflict on a street they'd otherwise have plenty of space to pass on. Buddy they didn't build this poo poo because of me, they built it because of you, so don't get annoyed about being temporarily stuck behind me.

They just turned this series of traffic calming, which was a bit weird that the speed bump extended partially into the shoulder

Into this garbage and made it worse by adding bollards (my edit) that block the shoulder, forcing bikes into the lane.

The cars probably also don't love to see me rolling through the two dumb stop signs that road also has, but gently caress em the legislature passed two stop as yield laws and our dipshit governors don't have any common sense to sign the bills.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1701680810045112437?t=1FCWVzY6v_sF_4KjJupasQ&s=19

Merging a few cspam faves

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://vimeo.com/402282909

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

that's some asinine poo poo goddamn

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I am calling on the World Bollard Association to disavow.

Apr 7, 2003

Is this the one who killed that woman crossing in a crosswalk because he was going too fast to stop?

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Lmao, love that show and I hadn't seen this clip. Alls well that ends well

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

It was actually a different cop who said that, not the one who murdered her.

The piece of poo poo pig motherfucker who said that is the VP of the union.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Ham Equity posted:

It was actually a different cop who said that, not the one who murdered her.

The piece of poo poo pig motherfucker who said that is the VP of the union.

tbf we know the other guy was thinking it

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

"no, she was 26 anyway. she had limited value."

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ArmZ posted:

saw a guy on a Harley trike with oxygen tubes in his nose :whitewater:

probably long covid

Apr 7, 2003

Rauros posted:

"no, she was 26 anyway. she had limited value."

love it when my union VP offers his opinions on the appropriate valuation of pussy (which is exactly what he meant)

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Cute avatar and stuff but you could have made the text gayer to go along with it tbh

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
High pitched motorcycles would actually be less obnoxious due to how sound waves work just fyi

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

I went to Beyonce in Vancouver last night, in one of the few NA stadiums that's not completely surrounded by parking lots. Despite the venue being completely packed, the train rides there and back were not super stuffed, as they ran plenty of trains at the start and end of the concert.
There were drivers stuck waiting for minutes on end as pedestrians streamed out walking for the train, lol.
Trains rule, cars suck rear end!

Edit: Motorcycles also suck rear end, imagine being such an rear end in a top hat that you don't mind pissing off everyone within a quarter mile with your blasting fart noises every time you go anywhere.

Square Peg has issued a correction as of 02:51 on Sep 13, 2023

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

500excf type r posted:

High pitched motorcycles would actually be less obnoxious due to how sound waves work just fyi

if your posts are any indication I think the high pitched whining would be worse

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

500excf type r posted:

It's weird that we just had a whole derail where the whole thread clowned on some burner dipshit and yet your posting is somehow immediately more cringe. Don't sweat it too much, we've all taken our licks ITT and others (I got dragged for complaining about sidewalk cyclists), but maybe recognize that a CSPAM thread dedicated to disparaging motor vehicles probably isn't the right place to champion completely nonsense 'loud pipes save lives' arguments. It's embarrassing, and I say that as someone who used to ride a GSX-R600 with an aftermarket exhaust that was loud. I had and continue to have zero defense for that kind of noise pollution, and I tried to minimize it in my own neighbourhood but it was just too fun - you know this - and the only correct response to noise pollution complaints is... I'm sorry.

Nice one, Punchy.

Mister Speaker has issued a correction as of 02:56 on Sep 13, 2023

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

500excf type r posted:

Naw, 600cc screamers are even more annoying.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Okay, but can we all agree hella loud freehubs are very good and cool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4GPjsk93l8

bzzzzzzzz

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

for the record i was advocating riding like an rear end in a top hat doing wheelies and pissing off people in cars, not having loud exhausts and explicitly stated all my bikes have oem exhausts but whatever

https://i.imgur.com/8Al4nIg.mp4

(I need to make a new gif I have used this one too much)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

BeeSeeBee posted:

Okay, but can we all agree hella loud freehubs are very good and cool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4GPjsk93l8

bzzzzzzzz

youre not supposed to stop pedaling wtf are you doing

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

500excf type r posted:

for the record i was advocating riding like an rear end in a top hat doing wheelies and pissing off people in cars, not having loud exhausts and explicitly stated all my bikes have oem exhausts but whatever

now post the one of your kid running into a tree on a motorbike

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
My bike exhaust is only loud if I eat a lot of beans

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I blame bikes outside when I eat beans.

Apr 7, 2003

500excf type r posted:

I"m confused as to why I'm supposed to be sympathetic to you

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Ensign Expendable posted:

My bike exhaust is only loud if I eat a lot of beans

:fart:

But on the topic of hating cars, someone's intentionally hitting and killing cyclists, be careful out there SoCal goons. Hope the cops don't take 3 weeks to identify and track down like that road raging Tesla guy earlier this year.

https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections...Y2Nlx_VCLbXTGSA

BeeSeeBee has issued a correction as of 05:42 on Sep 13, 2023

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I"m confused as to why I'm supposed to be sympathetic to you

i think he's saying that he's riding like an rear end in a top hat doing wheelies and stuff so that the school bus knows he's passing on the right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/FarmersWeekly/status/1701307230413361225