Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

The Door Frame posted:

So where's the line between fastback sedan, 5 door hatch, and wagon? Because I don't know what else to call this

delete the hatch and call it a ute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

The Door Frame posted:

So where's the line between fastback sedan, 5 door hatch, and wagon? Because I don't know what else to call this

If it's not a true long roof, it's not a wagon. Thats a ugly fastback.

Or a modern 6000SUX, take your pick.

Dont get me wrong, it's still vastly preferrable to the hoardes of lovely SUVs but it aint a good looking car

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Safety Dance posted:

It would be better if it had a tailgate

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Safety Dance posted:

Actually that would improve things a whole bunch.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

The Door Frame posted:

Corolla Hatch:

Corolla Wagon:

Length is the key difference between those two.

I would term the Cadillac a liftback, like the Mazda 6 or Audi A7 for just two examples. A bad one, with that high tailgate, enjoy scratching the poo poo out of the beaver panel lifting poo poo in.

What's the difference between a hatchback and a liftback? Hatch is closer to vertical rear, liftback slopes.

Fastback sedan? I would say something shaped like a liftback, but where the rear glass doesn't move, and instead just has a regular sedan bootlid, like say a Model 3.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

but it aint a good looking car

I don't hate everything from the rear doors forward, but look at the shape left with the hatch open. Rip it off, slap a sedan window and boot lid, and you're most of the way to something normal looking.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

That is a 300k car.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

That is a 300k car.

My jaw hit the floor checking if that was true. WTF?! HOW???

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
By GM saying it is.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

The Door Frame posted:

Besides the grille, it's not a bad looking car

Agreed

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Darchangel posted:

Stole all the spices and never used them, too.

The leader of the USA shows off the nation's fine cuisine

There is a never ending supply of spicy food in the UK.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

My jaw hit the floor checking if that was true. WTF?! HOW???

It's hand built! What a hand built product means for GM, I'm not sure, but it says that it was hand built and that means it should cost as much as a small house

E: the more I think on this, the less sense it makes. The US auto manufacturers are known for the strength of industry and automation, and American cars are infamous for the parts bin, so what value does a hand built American car have over one with a proper assembly line? I can't think of more than a handful of noteworthy, explicitly hand built big 3 cars, and most of them were essentially pulled halfway off the assembly line before getting the hands on treatment
Hand built american makes me think of Tesla or other tiny production run "luxury" cars in dealerships placed next to the Chanel store inside a mall

knox_harrington posted:

Fancy New Englanders and their steamed clams

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 12, 2023

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
"Awwwwwwww sorry that your teensy little dick doesn't work, dude."

https://twitter.com/messedupcars/status/1701637549104480441

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Catastrophe posted:

Looks like my mom's cheap lawnmower.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

(stealing from twitter)

What if your truck accessories were made by a house-brand power tool company

edit: great minds think alike.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That truly ugly poo poo like that exists is the reason car manufacturers get so much slack for their modern stuff looking bad. These things are always worse.

*edit: actually the new 1200hp EV Arial thing is loving foul. I don't care how quick it is, it looks like it was built in a shed by people with zero style. An Atom is dorky but cool, this new thing just looks wank. I'd rather have something with 250hp that didn't look like a wish.com version of a GTA copy of a Ridge Racer car.

https://twitter.com/evomagazine/status/1701513980584575058?t=9-MKTVGBWzyka3NxlcHNIg&s=19

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 12, 2023

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Catastrophe posted:

It looks like a closeup of the mouthparts of an insect.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BuckyDoneGun posted:

I would term the Cadillac a liftback, like the Mazda 6 or Audi A7 for just two examples. A bad one, with that high tailgate, enjoy scratching the poo poo out of the beaver panel lifting poo poo in.

...I had no idea the Mazda 6 was a liftback.

knox_harrington posted:

Donald Trump is a completely tasteless fuckstick supreme. He is indicative of nothing, other than the power of stupidity and utter lack of taste and decorum.

quote:

But is any of it "British food"?

(I'm just givin' y'all poo poo. I'll give you fish and chips. While not spicy, it is loving good. Bangers n' Mash, too. Oh, and Shepherd's Pie. How can you go wrong with a friggin' pot pie with potatoes on top?)

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Darchangel posted:

Donald Trump is a completely tasteless fuckstick supreme. He is indicative of nothing, other than the power of stupidity and utter lack of taste and decorum.

(I'm just givin' y'all poo poo. I'll give you fish and chips. While not spicy, it is loving good. Bangers n' Mash, too. Oh, and Shepherd's Pie. How can you go wrong with a friggin' pot pie with potatoes on top?)

poo poo, man, in '73 you could get hatchback Novas.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Darchangel posted:

He's extremely American. However McDonalds is the most american thing, with the possible exception of the Rascal mobility scooter

quote:

If stuff like balti and chicken masala isn't British then there is no American food.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Does smoked brisket count as uniquely American food?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

knox_harrington posted:

He's extremely American. However McDonalds is the most american thing, with the possible exception of the Rascal mobility scooter

If stuff like balti and chicken masala isn't British then there is no American food.
What about baconators?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Darchangel posted:

There was a traditional sedan and the liftback. The liftback is substantially rarer.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Fifty Three posted:

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

What about baconators?

To me yes*, but not if "stuff derived from overseas cuisine but invented here" doesn't count as your own food

* I don't know what a baconator is but sounds v american

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

lmao this guy doesn’t know what a Baconator is

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
a baconator is the most American of food because it's needlessly aggresive in name and terribly bad for you

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Imagine you’ve got a mouthful of bacon and then a fist full of bacon punches you in the face and the fist is also made of bacon

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

poo poo, man, in '73 you could get hatchback Novas.

That, I knew.

Q_res posted:

There was a traditional sedan and the liftback. The liftback is substantially rarer.

Ah, thanks. Never seen one that I am aware of.

knox_harrington posted:

No, and no.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Oh, yeah, what about hot do... oh, right.
Hamburger... dang.
Sausage... poo poo.
Spaghet... gently caress.
Pizza! Crap.

Uh... barbecue?

I would say chicken fried steak, but that's literally an Americanized version of schnitzel (which I love, BTW. Both of them.)

AHA!: Fried Turkey.
I guess "soul food" counts as well, since that was literally created by slaves in the American South making due with the scraps and offcuts.

Fifty Three posted:

Could be!

Scratch Monkey posted:

a baconator is the most American of food because it's needlessly aggresive in name and terribly bad for you

But still, as noted, based on a basic hamburger, which is not truly American.
It *is* a uniquely American twist on it, though.

bird with big dick posted:

Imagine you’ve got a mouthful of bacon and then a fist full of bacon punches you in the face and the fist is also made of bacon

This is not far off.
See: the KFC Double Down.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Catastrophe posted:

LOL that's listed in my area, I posted it in the CL gold thread but it's probably better off in this thread

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Olympic Mathlete posted:

*edit: actually the new 1200hp EV Arial thing is loving foul. I don't care how quick it is, it looks like it was built in a shed by people with zero style. An Atom is dorky but cool, this new thing just looks wank. I'd rather have something with 250hp that didn't look like a wish.com version of a GTA copy of a Ridge Racer car.

https://twitter.com/evomagazine/status/1701513980584575058?t=9-MKTVGBWzyka3NxlcHNIg&s=19

Awww, that's a shame :(

Darchangel posted:

Ah, thanks. Never seen one that I am aware of.

Yeah, plus a wagon too. The liftback was more common here, but still the least common.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Catastrophe posted:

Dick jokes are a bit tiring. I'll just focus on dude's horrific lack of taste.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That truly ugly poo poo like that exists is the reason car manufacturers get so much slack for their modern stuff looking bad. These things are always worse.

Built in a shed with people of zero style IS what Ariel basically was and even now it's basically a really big shed

And the Ariel EV looks designer on acid drawing wtih crayon awesome as is the rest of that nutcase vehicle

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

That Ariel looks really loving stupid and lol at not even making some cardboard panel to cover all the wires, but then I think about what it'd be like to drive and I can't even get mad

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

knox_harrington posted:

To me yes*, but not if "stuff derived from overseas cuisine but invented here" doesn't count as your own food

* I don't know what a baconator is but sounds v american

I think it's just a Wendy's cheeseburger with bacon on it, isn't it?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

No, it’s so much more

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Safety Dance posted:

I think it's just a Wendy's cheeseburger with bacon on it, isn't it?

Only physically

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It's a bacon sandwich with a burger patty on it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
imo the doubledown sandwich is even more 'murica than a baconator

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
A low carb chicken sandwich!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

NoWake posted:

A low carb chicken sandwich!!

You think that breading is low carb?

Also, salt for days. As in it’s multiple days worth of dietary intake.