Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Pokémon type?
This poll is closed.
Plain 6 3.17%
Hot 7 3.70%
Wet 15 7.94%
Green 11 5.82%
Shocking 2 1.06%
Cold 3 1.59%
Punchy 7 3.70%
Poisonous 4 2.12%
Brown 7 3.70%
Bird 11 5.82%
Weird 17 8.99%
Gross 11 5.82%
Solid 2 1.06%
Scary 8 4.23%
Dragon 5 2.65%
Creepy 18 9.52%
Mech 33 17.46%
Pink 22 11.64%
Total: 189 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

just shave your head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

no

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I believe that falls under the provisions of mi casa su casa. If you can't use their shampoo, are you really even "staying with them"?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

dudes rock

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jay Rust posted:

Hey if you’re staying at a friend’s house, do you need to ask their permission before using their shampoo

I would ask just to be safe and honestly I can't see anyone having a problem with it unless you're Sephiroth.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Only really fancy shampoo is off limits imo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bathroom permissions are carte blanche. except for anything in the medicine cabinet, or anything that goes on or around your mouth

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

hatty posted:

Only really fancy shampoo is off limits imo

but how do you know whether it's fancy/expensive without asking

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If someone really didn't want you using something they would lock it up in a safe.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
would you use your friend's console without asking?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Please don't use my expensive 50-in-1 axe bodywash

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

depends. what console is it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

if it has one of those pump dispenser things its too fancy ez

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What if they have to pay a per-user fee for their shampoo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Only after a certain number of squirts

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
:five:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If you have to ask...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm just curious how Unity's inevitable apology later this week will try to paint this as anything other than a shakedown.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm just curious how Unity's inevitable apology later this week will try to paint this as anything other than a shakedown.

You sure you don't mean "inevitable double down"?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Electric Phantasm posted:

You sure you don't mean "inevitable double down"?

This is not gonna last, total developer revolt is happening and the voices saying "don't use unity and investigate dropping it if you do" are getting louder and coming from more and more influential people

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

we've heard your complaints about how impractical it is to charge a royalty per install, so we're glad to announce that all installs will now be on the blockchain

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

haveblue posted:

This is not gonna last, total developer revolt is happening and the voices saying "don't use unity and investigate dropping it if you do" are getting louder and coming from more and more influential people

If it really is retroactive, this is probably bad enough for some devs to even consider taking their games down from storefronts

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Video games are dead

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/unity/status/1701689241456021607?t=KfrAWzI2rByo89ZXhh9sUA&s=19

Lmao

E: Either they have been breaking privacy laws for years or the numbers are made the gently caress up

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

haveblue posted:

On the other hand they've been working hard to financially ruin the company and destroy developer confidence for a long time now. This scheme smacks of desperation, like Elon Musk trying to ring every last cent out of Twitter before it inevitably dies even though deep down he knows it won't really work.

Waffleman_ posted:

If it really is retroactive, this is probably bad enough for some devs to even consider taking their games down from storefronts
Too bad that won't even help devs where the games are already in the hands of millions of users to install at any time. I question whether this scheme (as described) is even remotely legal because it sounds like devs have been retroactively signed up to forever be on the hook to pay an unbounded amount of fees to Unity (at whim) based on factors entirely outside of their control in some kind of hosed up unholy alimony arrangement.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chat gpt, how many times was this game installed?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waffleman_ posted:

E: Either they have been breaking privacy laws for years or the numbers are made the gently caress up

Or they're lying and/or failing to think this through

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Filtering Steam by what games use Unity Engine.
:prepop:

Lmao escape from tarkov

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

oh yeah what if this is the "doorslam" CEO method of announcing completely toxic bullshit so people will feel a sense of victory when the final bullshit is only half as toxic

homeless snail posted:

we've heard your complaints about how impractical it is to charge a royalty per install, so we're glad to announce that all installs will now be on the blockchain

this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Now hear me out. What if we killed the Golden goose?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol that Company of Heroes, Halo and Metro are on here

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Every nintendo mobile game is unity lol

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Other unity games: return of the obra dinn, ori, rimworld, subnautica, deaths door, cuphead.

:rubby:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Waffleman_ posted:

Volte posted:

[...]Too bad that won't even help devs where the games are already in the hands of millions of users to install at any time. I question whether this scheme (as described) is even remotely legal because it sounds like devs have been retroactively signed up to forever be on the hook to pay an unbounded amount of fees to Unity (at whim) based on factors entirely outside of their control in some kind of hosed up unholy alimony arrangement.

I don't see the retroactive effect sticking. There's too many countries where consumers are protected from that brand of extreme bullshit.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

"putting out an obviously insane policy and then modestly walking it back to your originally planned, less insane policy for PR cred" is definitely a possibility here

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/RGGStudio/status/1701717327669043500?s=20

Oh poo poo, now that I beat Like A Dragon and am up to date with the series in a way, I can actually care about this

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Video games are dead

no! he didn't get to play Ghost Trick yet!!!! :negative:

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Every nintendo mobile game is unity lol

most mobile games, period, are probably Unity. I don't think people realize just how many games are made with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/RGGStudio/status/1701717327669043500?s=20

Oh poo poo, now that I beat Like A Dragon and am up to date with the series in a way, I can actually care about this

Didn't they do one of these like a month ago? Are we getting LAD Directs more often than Nintendo Directs now?