Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Klepsie posted:

Duly copied over. Thanks.

And yes, by all means, turn on PMs for my account, I guess? Apart from anything else, they'll presumably be needed when fudge orders open up again. (Russ isn't on SA and is unlikely to be)

No worries, I'll ask the admins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Well, that sucks. Very sorry to hear.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

This is a terrible loss, condolences to Camrath’s family.

Didn’t know him personally but always came across as a nice person and it’s no exaggeration to say that his fudge was the best my wife and I have ever had.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
RIP Camrath. Goondolences.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Oh man, RIP camrath. That's a huge shock.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Tragic news, RIP Camrath, my condolences to his family and loved ones.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

So very sorry to read this news :(
Condolences to you, his wife, family & friends. x

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Holy poo poo, RIP Camrath. May his fudge remain forever smooth and uncrystallised.

We've lost too many good posters over the years.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

drat, that's terrible news. RIP Camrath.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I'm very sorry for your loss, Klepsie.

I didn't have any interaction with Camrath other than buying his fudge, which was amazing and a much loved stocking filler for my family.

In my own experiences of people I've known taking their own lives, it's a tragedy that has fallen on some of the kindest, most empathetic and loving people I've had the honour of knowing. From your words it sounds like he was very much the same.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm so sorry.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

loving hell :smith:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Rest in peace Camrath. :(

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Ah man I just lurk away in here but that fuckin’ sucks, it was often interesting reading about his odd life. What a sad end.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

An odd life is a life well lived IMHO.

Klepsie posted:

Apart from that, can you stick a pin in this incredibly kind suggestion? I'll refer it to Russ, Joey and his family.

Noted. If there's a donation link or anything you can share, I know a lot of people will probably want to help out.

Klepsie
Aug 9, 2019

What if there were no rhetorical questions?

AceClown posted:

you're more than welcome to join the Discord friend, I know Cam made a fair few sales announcing new lines in there (invite link is in the OP)

(memo to self: investigate this tomorrow)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

If there's anyone on here who, like me, was kicking themselves with spiralling thoughts of "what if there was something I could have done? What if I'd tried harder?"... he'd been secretly planning this for weeks, and he left everything meticulously written out in true Camrath style. Even the people who were closest to him had no idea.

I'm just sharing this because I had a mutual friend slap this into me just now.

There's nothing anybody could have done :(

x

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

An odd life is a life well lived IMHO.

Noted. If there's a donation link or anything you can share, I know a lot of people will probably want to help out.

Oh amen to that, I didn’t mean anything else by it.

And also same on the donation link.

G1mby
Jun 8, 2014
Rest well Camrath, you were always a light in the thread

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

A lifetime ago I got to spend a little while hanging out with Camrath and the Donutsh, we were going to do a music video for one of their songs, it never happened mostly because I didn't quite have my poo poo together enough at the time.

He was a good person. If everyone who went to public school turned out like him, the country would have a hope at being as good as the songs say it is.

Klepsie
Aug 9, 2019

Trin Tragula posted:

A lifetime ago I got to spend a little while hanging out with Camrath and the Donutsh, we were going to do a music video for one of their songs, it never happened mostly because I didn't quite have my poo poo together enough at the time.

He was a good person. If everyone who went to public school turned out like him, the country would have a hope at being as good as the songs say it is.

And sweet lord I guess you're someone I've not seen in a while, if that's so. Christ, memories get ever vaguer. Remind me? (Apparently I'm getting DMs turned on if that's, as I expect, preferable)

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Camrath always seemed to love some of the bullshit we made from pictures of his fudge stalls on discord. I hope he'd approve of a couple of these being posted in his memory.

Klepsie
Aug 9, 2019

Klepsie posted:

And sweet lord I guess you're someone I've not seen in a while, if that's so. Christ, memories get ever vaguer. Remind me? (Apparently I'm getting DMs turned on if that's, as I expect, preferable)

(I mean I am hypothesising that that is not your REAL LIFE MOUSTACHE) (is this where I say 'amirite?')

Klepsie
Aug 9, 2019

Brovine posted:

Camrath always seemed to love some of the bullshit we made from pictures of his fudge stalls on discord. I hope he'd approve of a couple of these being posted in his memory.

I can confirm that he was tickled half to bloody death by those.

Thank you for bringing him joy with them.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Terrible news, condolences 😞

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

loving terrible news, sending best wishes to you and his family and friends. He always seemed so friendly and thoughtful.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
gently caress this is bleak as gently caress

RIP Camrath

Wishing strength upon all affected

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Nah, this aint it.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
God that's sad. RIP Camrath mate :(

Watch It Burn
Apr 8, 2009
I mainly lurk here, but Camrath was clearly an ace dude and I'm so sorry he's gone.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

RIP Camrath dude. I was the goon that stairsed him last year at an event and got 10% off some the lime & chilli fudge.
A very good egg, will be sadly missed.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Well that’s horrible and awful news.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
RIP Camrath, he was a great lad.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He was posting about new fudge like 2 days ago.

This has spun me right out

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

serious gaylord posted:

He was posting about new fudge like 2 days ago.

This has spun me right out

Yeah, this. I know he'd had some money worries a little while back but there was a new flavour post just the other day and I thought things were looking up.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

sebzilla posted:

Yeah, this. I know he'd had some money worries a little while back but there was a new flavour post just the other day and I thought things were looking up.

He posted in this thread about some relationship problems he was having so I think there was a lot going on. I don't want to pry though.

Another good poster lost.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
RIP comrade. You will be missed

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Wasn't ready for that. gently caress.

RIP lad.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wish he'd said something :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ah jesus, that's really floored me. Always seemed like such a genuine & lovely guy. Heart goes out to his close friends & family.

Take care of each other goons.