Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

no, but there's a semi-accurate equivalence to be made between IPS-N and Amazon, so you've got a whole lot of Bezos mechs at least
:hmmyes: IPS-N is Amazon if they stopped pretending to not be in bed with military contractors, and instead starting bragging about the proprietary people-murder piracy-deterrent devices on their delivery drones.

SSC is if Sony and Apple merged and their board of directors was locked in a room with a lifetime supply of cocaine and a Eurobeat remix of the Doom Eternal soundtrack.

HA are War Crimes Incorporated and don't even try to hide it, which I guess makes them Lockheed-Martin.

And Horus are if Anonymous and Scientology merged except somehow Scientology had been right all along.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Which, again, makes a single Union fleet group in Lancer: Battlegroup beating the poo poo out of half of HA's total fleet assets in a first strike while the other half doesn't die by virtue of not being in Dawnline Shore with Union then wagging the punishment stick at KTB saying "Behave!" very funny. Granted, Battlegroup is written by different authors, so of course there's a disconnect there, but still, it kind of undermines the whole "Union can't take on all the megacorps" thing.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I think the worst bit of writing in LANCER that I can remember is that the official campaign (which is, to my knowledge, never gonna get its part two) is based off the core conceit that people forgot where Hercynia, the site of first contact between humanity and a sapient species, and the subsequent genocide of the local aliens results in the government being overthrown, is located. They go through these hoops to justify why Smith-Shimano can drop off their colonists there without greatly pissing off the current government, but its sort of like if the French forgot where the Bastille was. Also, you figure this big corporate state that Union can't actually war with might not give a poo poo if Union is mad at them if they get a free world that requires basically no terraforming out of it.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

girl dick energy posted:

And Horus are if Anonymous and Scientology merged except somehow Scientology had been right all along.

I will be stealing and sharing this with my play group.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
While we're talking about RPGs in the KSBD thread Abaddon's gonna come out with a new one soon and it looks sick.

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1701641310321434817?s=20

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:haibrow:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

skaianDestiny posted:

While we're talking about RPGs in the KSBD thread Abaddon's gonna come out with a new one soon and it looks sick.

Can noone stop Abaddon from making games

(you don't actually need to stop)

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1701597423846723698

Dear god man normally people play video games or watch TV not add another project to their workload

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

skaianDestiny posted:

Everyone go and read The Locked Tomb as required reading.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

M_Gargantua posted:

They are very good books. They are also very silly at times.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

ConfusedUs posted:

They are very good books. They are also very silly at times.

The only degree of separation between KSBD and Locked Tomb is Homestuck.

Seriously, Gideon and Harrow are basically Davekat.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

This is like how Brandon Sanderson used his pandemic downtime to write new books in secret.

M_Gargantua posted:

Better yet, listen to the audiobooks because Moira Quirk does an amazing job for all the voices.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Ashcans posted:

This is like how Brandon Sanderson used his pandemic downtime to write new books in secret.

Better yet, listen to the audiobooks because Moira Quirk does an amazing job for all the voices.

https://youtu.be/pvJOuUJNcx8?si=3yM2E8bz7_KEDdsJ

She really does, and I don’t normally like audiobooks.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

skaianDestiny posted:

oh hell yes

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

skaianDestiny posted:

The only degree of separation between KSBD and Locked Tomb is Homestuck.

Seriously, Gideon and Harrow are basically Davekat.

To return the thread back to the substrate, to the real essence from which all other Internet discourse arises, it must be asserted that Ianthe is, in fact, a Vriska.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Rohan Kishibe posted:

To return the thread back to the substrate, to the real essence from which all other Internet discourse arises, it must be asserted that Ianthe is, in fact, a Vriska.

May you be awakened in the still and deep portion of the night by an inexplicable, yet undeniable urge to stare into the mirror and wonder, where did you lose yourself.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

skaianDestiny posted:

hey Operant, LMK if you need a bluesky invite

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

skaianDestiny posted:

Male ghast

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

More like Male Gaze-t am I right?

She looks like she's down to bone!

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

skaianDestiny posted:

that's nice but also I wish he would stick to one at a time because LANCER's been completely dead in the water and I now am wondering if ICON will follow as well

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Whirling posted:

that's nice but also I wish he would stick to one at a time because LANCER's been completely dead in the water and I now am wondering if ICON will follow as well

Aren't they just one-shot releases?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Does lancer have any cool wheel or tread mechs?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Bilirubin posted:

hey Operant, LMK if you need a bluesky invite

He is already there https://bsky.app/profile/orbitaldropkick.bsky.social

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

That said, I have a few Bluesky invites if anyone wants to be sprung from the hellpit. Post here if you've got plat and I'll DM you, first come first serve, I think I currently have 3 2 1 to spare :)

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 15, 2023

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

GlyphGryph posted:

Does lancer have any cool wheel or tread mechs?

They’re all bipedal or quadruped. The robots are meant to be customisable and modular though so if you want to say your Lancaster has treads instead of legs, doesn’t really impact anything mechanically though you may have to get creative with how you climb on top of a building or whatever.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Whirling posted:

maybe my perception of how tabletop games work is skewed by regularly playing a bunch of stuff from like 1980 but having been out for a couple years and having a pretty active community with a bunch of third-party expansions and stuff doesn't strike me as "dead in the water", that's pretty normal for anything that doesn't revolve around constantly buying playing cards

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
the games-as-a-service expectation that new content will constantly be getting added faster than it can possibly be developed and refined sucks. not even just because it sets an unreasonable expectation for anyone who isn't Hasbro or Activision or w/e, but because it's not even really a good thing on its face; past a certain point cramming more poo poo in doesn't even make games better, it just makes balance and niche protection functionally impossible

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the games-as-a-service expectation that new content will constantly be getting added faster than it can possibly be developed and refined sucks. not even just because it sets an unreasonable expectation for anyone who isn't Hasbro or Activision or w/e, but because it's not even really a good thing on its face; past a certain point cramming more poo poo in doesn't even make games better, it just makes balance and niche protection functionally impossible

I dunno, I just want them to finish up their example campaign and maybe add some other conflict zones, no idea where you're getting all that from my post.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Potato Salad posted:

I will be stealing and sharing this with my play group.
Please do! I love all the different interpretations of Horus because the nature of the group means they might well all be correct at the same time.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Whirling posted:

I dunno, I just want them to finish up their example campaign and maybe add some other conflict zones, no idea where you're getting all that from my post.

sorry, didn't really mean you in particular. just a long-running frustration.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I agree wholeheartedly. Endgame mentality and the eternal treadmill are plagues that have utterly warped expectations of what a game should be. I think there has been a pushback in recent years, and a returning appreciation for things that conclude, but for the longest time it felt like a cancer growing throughout the gaming industry.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I’d kill for an Operant artbook and would absolutely support a kickstarter ngl, I want to see so much of the design thoughts, drafts, artworks, etc. from all the series together since I don’t tabletop.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

coolusername posted:

I’d kill for an Operant artbook and would absolutely support a kickstarter ngl, I want to see so much of the design thoughts, drafts, artworks, etc. from all the series together since I don’t tabletop.

This but with KSBD.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

thanks! I hadn't searched again recently

Anyone else needs an invite one just dropped

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
my big mistake is putting my personal projects online because I like sharing them with people but this is also how ksbd started so

we've released two lancer books this year I am not certain how this qualifies as dead in the water but you do you

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
i wrote a 28 thousand word blades in the dark hack in 9 days this is just how im built, i'm like a shark if i stop swimming i will die

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Operant posted:

we've released two lancer books this year I am not certain how this qualifies as dead in the water but you do you
The Lancer books are great.

Question, was No Room for a Wallflower partially inspired by the Ender's Game trilogy? I can't help but notice the similarities between what happened with the Egregorians and the Buggers.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Operant posted:

i wrote a 28 thousand word blades in the dark hack in 9 days this is just how im built, i'm like a shark if i stop swimming i will die

Genuinely curious: Do you have a routine or rituals or methamphetamines that help you motivate yourself to work when you're not feeling it? I wish I could harness a fraction of your productivity!

Or are you the sort that is so explosively full of energy that you just need to pour it into your work as an outlet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The problem with making good stuff is you're like a dealer. People will always want more of the good stuff.

Also nerds are as bad as meth addicts.

The solution? gently caress them kids, raise the prices