Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Wasn’t there some poo poo about his kidneys failing? That looks like more than just getting fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1701754788893872186

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1701750176187044159?t=kPni9rUlmL166CekRZCeFw&s=19

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

My Spirit Otter posted:

a 5 lb bag of potatoes was 6 dollars and change at the grocery store yesterday, thats easily gotta be a cool quarter mil in rubles

PUTINFLATION

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/MrKovalenko/status/1701762746616782891?t=D426kGEoCM7P4AySRu3F3Q&s=19

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Oh gently caress me. Musk probably hurriedly agreed to support another attack to save his rear end and the Ukrainians did the drone attack again this time without Elon pulling the cord

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

If legit, that looks bad

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Oh poo poo. I guess after this provocation the real Russian army will finally have to be deployed. It's come to this.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Nothing is happening in Sevastopol. Boom Kablamo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfTPIT-LcSM

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh gently caress me. Musk probably hurriedly agreed to support another attack to save his rear end and the Ukrainians did the drone attack again this time without Elon pulling the cord

Maybe, I don't know how much credit we should give him for anything. He could just be claiming he cut Tsarlink as some kind of hosed up clout chasing effort. "Look at me I'm a powerful man 😂😂😂😂".

If he did really thwart a Ukrainian attack I doubt he would then turn around and openly support one out of fear that the Kremlin gives him the ol' spicy underwear.

The most likely thing he's doing now is getting hosed up on ketamine and using a Twitter server to generate increasingly more annoying baby names.

Fobby
Jun 28, 2023

bunnyofdoom posted:

Phrosphor posted:

Global Starlink outage just hit. Wonder how long it will be offline for.

?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

ComfyPants posted:

If legit, that looks bad

Disagree. It looks amazing. I hope they got a sub or two.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

One of these things is not like the others

Barudak
May 7, 2007

At a certain point Im not sure the russians will be logistically capable of going home.

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009
lol Prig is dead!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You'd think the US would be able to dictate Starlink coverage over Ukraine and the larger area.

Or am I wrong about that?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Der Kyhe posted:

My guess is that that airframe isn't going anywhere from that field, besides being stripped for donor parts and cut to pieces.

Too bad that the sanctions do not work, and that Tupolev was stripped down and grifted between the oligarch, as it seems that Russia sure could use a national company that can build airplane spare parts, even less than ideal jury rigged and reverse engineered ones, right about now.

:haibrow: Oh yeah that plane is never moving again. There really isnt a capacity to move a plane that size w/o cutting it into pieces. I wonder how much parts will fall off the truck :v:

Coolguye posted:

all of these random fires i have to wonder what the actual distribution of causes are

like ok, smoking accidents, yeah i am positive there's plenty of those. terrible maintenance being revealed by wartime shortages and stressors, absolutely. a lot are also undoubtedly due to ukranian drones, though a TV station would be outside their usual targets.

the part that i am curious about is cyberattacks. if you're using software, especially industrial software, poorly and don't have manual/hardware failsafes, some hacking can absolutely cause a gas valve to get stuck open and whoopsie poosums you're a spark away from a gas fire.

the thing is, because russia's been so huge about DoMiNaNcE oF cYb0r and the perpetrators aren't really going to be interested in claiming responsibility for cyberattacks (because that increases the chances of the vulnerabilities getting fixed), everyone involved in a cyberattack wouldn't say a drat thing about it. i can't help but wonder how many of these fires are someone hacking various gibsons around moscow.

IIRC Russia farmed out their cyber/troll farms to Ukraine

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

redshirt posted:

You'd think the US would be able to dictate Starlink coverage over Ukraine and the larger area.

Or am I wrong about that?

Not without a contract specifying that. The DoD was slow to get one written. I have no idea why they expected SpaceX to provide coverage for free indefinitely.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Flyinglemur posted:

Disagree. It looks amazing. I hope they got a sub or two.

It's a distinct possibility. https://twitter.com/UAControlMap/status/1701773879629217943?s=20

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

Not without a contract specifying that. The DoD was slow to get one written. I have no idea why they expected SpaceX to provide coverage for free indefinitely.

This is incorrect.

Once Musk started interfering, the US bought starlink terminals directly from Musk and gave them to Ukraine, and any terminals bought by the DoD specifically instead of donated to Ukraine cannot, absolutely cannot, be hosed with by Musk whatsoever. That was the deal when the agreement was stricken. SpaceX isn't even giving Ukraine their terminals for free, the Pentagon is subsidizing Musk. The DoD compensated for Musk's fuckery by giving Ukraine a dozen or two of the terminals the DoD got from Musk that cannot be interfered with.

Musk was not on a military contract when he refused the Crimea request. In the months since then though, the Pentagon has funded and officially contracted with Starlink for continued support. Musk will not and cannot be doing this poo poo in the future, the Pentagon took care of it.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/pentagon-buys-starlink-ukraine-statement-2023-06-01/

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 13, 2023

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
I wish Ukraine had the equivalent of the Mossad to hunt Elong's punk rear end down

zone
Dec 6, 2016

WHAT AIRDEFENSE DOING?????????????

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

maybe fat kadyrov will eat a gun

Guy's in dire need of a special diet operation.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Alan Smithee posted:

PUTINFLATION

No, that's what's happened to Kadyrov.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Der Kyhe posted:

My guess is that that airframe isn't going anywhere from that field, besides being stripped for donor parts and cut to pieces.

Too bad that the sanctions do not work, and that Tupolev was stripped down and grifted between the oligarch, as it seems that Russia sure could use a national company that can build airplane spare parts, even less than ideal jury rigged and reverse engineered ones, right about now.

The Superjet will save Russian aviation. Any day now.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Be Russia - lose submarine to country with no navy LMAO

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

How many dry docks does Russia have in the Black Sea? I would imagine this would have significant medium term effects on operations in the area.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Budzilla posted:

How many dry docks does Russia have in the Black Sea? I would imagine this would have significant medium term effects on operations in the area.

There are 3 dry docks in the Sevastopol shipyard. This attack put one of them out of commission.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Avirosb posted:

Guy's in dire need of a special diet operation.

Guy's in dire need to a special heart operation from the looks of it

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
How is russia so fuckin bad at this lmao

Well I know why but lmao anyways

zone
Dec 6, 2016

mcvey posted:

They tried to cope about the attack by claiming they shot down a bunch of missiles and drones lmao, but "unfortunately a couple got through and 'damaged' our ship and submarine"

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

mcvey posted:

nobody cares

there's a special type of person that fights for a democratic regime. volunteers that are ideologically predisposed to fight, kill, and endure hardship purely in support of that regime.
Putin spent 30 odd years propagandizing that this is bad and stupid thinking, never care about the state or nation, in order to excuse corruption
so every person in the RUAF is either there out of a pure desire to do violence (these people wouldn't really care to run an AA system or be smart enough) or to collect pay and do the bare minimum.

a lot of the former are already dead, leaving the latter and conscripts only doing it in as much as they have a gun to their head.

so you end up with AA systems manned by people who are lazy and just doing the bare minimum to be, on paper, doing their job- or conscripts who have no idea what the gently caress is going on and only got shoved in the seat so their commander can claim to have filled the required slots

I think on a less wildly asspull level Russia front-loaded the defensive lines and maybe pulled AA from the rear for that too.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Mein monkee..... the war is coming home......

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1701791873562517826

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1701844583955537946

https://twitter.com/CovertShores/status/1701844794094354586

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Jeez, the US went all nuclear-powered subs in 1990, 2nd army in the world is still loving around with diesel?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

It was all NATO's fault :qqsay:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
loving LMAO, the Black Sea Fleet being legit clowned by a nation without a real navy

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zone posted:

It was all NATO's fault :qqsay:

Ok sure, what are you going to do about it? :allears:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

loving LMAO, the Black Sea Fleet being legit clowned by a nation without a real navy

They said "a ship is safe in the harbor" but we showed those stupid westoids!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Russia, the strongest second strongest third a naval power in the world the black sea the Sea of Azov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak: