Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Al! posted:

cruelty squad is both ironically bad and unironically bad and thats because its finnish

this is the truest thing i've ever read about cruelty squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1701767079697740115

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

mostly

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

how is it tracking if I've installed a game before or not

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm getting the urge to play a SaGa game again.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

quote:

As for Game Pass and other subscription services, Whitten said that developers like Aggro Crab would not be on the hook, as the fees are charged to distributors, which in the Game Pass example would be Microsoft.

lmfao im sure microsoft will be thrilled at this news

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

this definitely isnt gonna turn out like the when facebook multiplied all their video views x100

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

how is it tracking if I've installed a game before or not

the fact they immediately backpedaled means they have no idea how any of this poo poo works, so they think they can just replicate Windows Activation and keep a database of every fart app everyone runs indexed by CPU serial# or something (nevermind that it'll be like 10000x the traffic microsoft has to deal with)

silentsnack has issued a correction as of 02:44 on Sep 13, 2023

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

"oh yeah, Microsoft will just pick up the tab" lol yeah right

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

silentsnack posted:

the fact they immediately backpedaled means they have no idea how any of this poo poo works, so they think they can just replicate Windows Activation and keep a database of every fart app everyone runs indexed by CPU serial# or something

they will use AI to track the crypto installation system. dumbass

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i respect the hustle

love the idea of charging nintendo like 30k and demanding they pay up.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

lmao :blush:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

good choice guy

jinx_player
Aug 25, 2018

Buck Wildman posted:

good choice guy

Final fantasy legend 3 is really dope and is a SaGa

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
what if you looked for a publicly traded company that uses Unity, developed a script to install their games over and over...

... and then shorted them

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

free idea for the unity team: remember when obsidian lost a bunch of money because of 1 point on metacritic? well ive got an idea for a new fee structure,

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

what if you looked for a publicly traded company that uses Unity, developed a script to install their games over and over...

... and then shorted them

can you say Oscar nomination

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

jinx_player posted:

Final fantasy legend 3 is really dope and is a SaGa

Frontier 2 will always be my fav

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I have ALL the SaGa remasters, including the secret SaGa game last Remnant.

There's rumors we might be getting news soon, with the 35th anniversary of the series coming.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
when rebuilding my ship to attempt for a layout of doors and ladders that makes sense I somehow managed to clip two habs together which made it impossible to fully enter my ship, but not to pilot it. attempting to enter would clip me through the level. I’m sure that’s important to someone.

putting windows in alters the layout of the habs slightly and it’s really nice for aesthetics but it removes the chair in the captains quarters which is bullshit!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Why is every vendor on Neon some jackass that wants to tell me their life story instead of buy or sell poo poo.

I thought this was the free market capitalist planet.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

quote:

- Unity "regrouped" and now says ONLY the initial installation of a game triggers a fee

cowards

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lol I really thought I was gonna be able to skip fighting Ketheric Thorm when I rolled a nat 20 on a DC 30 Intimidate check to make him "surrender"

At least the game finally let me Long Rest after phase 1, I was lookin rough

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lmao they know how hosed they are

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Augus posted:

cowards

yeah you're already dead lean the gently caress into it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

lmao they know how hosed they are

they knew before, that's why the CEO sold all that stock

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

it should be an uninstall fee, that way only bad developers are punished imo

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Al! posted:

cruelty squad is both ironically bad and unironically bad and thats because its finnish

it might be the greatest game ever made

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
if they do another voyager-type space probe they should put cruelty squad on it as the canonical example of Video Game

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

SaGa Frontier remaster is very well done and lovingly crafted.

Unlimited SaGa is not rereleased and emulating it is a chore. But if you never did that one, it is the most mechanically esoteric, ornate, and incomprehensible of the whole franchise.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I think it's already out of the bag that the thing they're gonna announce is remasters of fromtier 2 and unlimited

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

unity shooting itself in the head will somehow be the spark for a chinese game engine to come out of nowhere and replace it

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Lpzie posted:

yup. the colony wars had casualties in the few thousands or tens of thousands I forget. and that's seen as horrific in the setting.

a billion+ people stayed on earth and suffocated while watching the rich get off world and did nothing about it lol.

The Colony War monument is tiny and has 30 names on it, somehow representing all the war dead?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I've built my first outpost in Starfield. I should have gone more compact, you can really set up your base like a Rust style 1X2.

Venus requires a skill that's like 14 points deep into the Science tree so I haven't done my XP farm yet, but I also don't really need to. I've surveyed like 7 different moons and planets after I got cut loose from Sarah and it opened up to the first 3 missions. I'll go do one of those missions now and come back to use my Iron/Aluminum starter base to build something disgusting later.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ben Nerevarine posted:

setting up outposts in Starfield is a fiddly pain in the rear end (woe be upon anyone who must have their buildings flush and at exact right angles) but the amount of raw materials you produce is wild

It is simple, so very simple. But yeah the poo poo looks like rear end. I threw it all together with the controller and nothing is aligned even slightly. I think if I switched to mouse and keyboard for placement I could get better results, but I'll be damned if I learn the hotkeys for build menu object selection on m/kb.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/kaynimatic/status/1701765059897332010

:rubby:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Lostconfused posted:

Why is every vendor on Neon some jackass that wants to tell me their life story instead of buy or sell poo poo.

I thought this was the free market capitalist planet.

Yup. Gotta get through 3 dialogue options with all the vendors each Ng+.. . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the milk machine posted:

if they do another voyager-type space probe they should put cruelty squad on it as the canonical example of Video Game

ahem.. . ☼dwarf fortress☼