Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Taking a big travel dump in the tiny European hotel bathroom that's only separated by a flimsy door that won't shut all the way as my wife lays on the bed just outside.

It's been mostly loud farting with a turd rocketing into the bowl every now and then.

Cool balcony tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Taking a big travel dump in the tiny European hotel bathroom that's only separated by a flimsy door that won't shut all the way as my wife lays on the bed just outside.

It's been mostly loud farting with a turd rocketing into the bowl every now and then.

Cool balcony tho

some genius at Hilton decided to refurbish a bunch of hotel properties with sliding bathroom doors, big wooden things with overhead rollers running on a metal track. The door is spaced from the wall by like 1/4 inch. Thus when it is closed there is completely unfettered audio communication between the bathroom and the rest of the hotel chamber.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

an old friend of mine is an army lifer and he stopped by for a bit between deployments and he was saying that when he was in germany a lot of the army guys were having their personal cars shipped over and they would bring their lifted ford f350s and then park them on base for the entire deployment because european roads aren't navigable by comically oversized pickups

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
we begged to explode,

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Making my posts into the toilet

Good trelp to you all!!!

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BGe5dT0-v4

but world potty instead

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

This guy does experiments to guitars to figure out how the guitar makes different tones.
(Mod one guitar to sound exactly like another guitar)

Try not to look at the thumbnail, or the first 5 seconds because it's a spoiler to the insane ending.

https://youtu.be/n02tImce3AE?si=Zi7aaaAN5HdHFM1C&t=5

pretty much the only people who still think anything but the pickups matter are the boomers keeping gibson and prs afloat. and even then they don't make that much difference beyond construction type (single coil vs humbucker etc)

the two most important things are actually the speaker and mic placement if you're recording

emfive posted:

He's not really a guitar guy so I never pushed it but it seemed like a cool experiment to try some nice pickups, it's only like $100 for some pretty good ones.

the main difference between cheap and expensive pickups is the size of the magnet, which you can replace pretty easily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vm1E_BxSqE

insane clown pussy has issued a correction as of 12:38 on Sep 13, 2023

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

insane clown pussy posted:

pretty much the only people who still think anything but the pickups matter are the boomers keeping gibson and prs afloat. and even then they don't make that much difference beyond construction type (single coil vs humbucker etc)

the two most important things are actually the speaker and mic placement if you're recording

I'm definitely not a guitar player but I think the physical feel of the instrument is important too, if you are a player. Like, how your hands like the neck and how the body fits to your way of dealing with it.

e: yea I can take a guitar apart and replacing or modding the pickups is well within my ability range. It's just playing it that I can't do :(

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
F holes all of you

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I think I'm going to make "South Shore" (southern reaches of Boston metro, not near an actual shore) bar pizza in a cast iron skillet tonight, I don't have one of the special pans but I think I can get close.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

External Organs posted:

F holes all of you

the video is about simple solid wood electrics

e: maybe :thejoke:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lol @ how far these tests go, excellent

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I have a personal pizza sauce technique that I believe is a unique invention, though it's not particularly amazing so somebody else may have come up with it too. It's easy but time-consuming and you need slightly special equipment.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I might try to save up for a fancy (acoustic) guitar for my 40th in a few years.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

emfive posted:

I'm definitely not a guitar player but I think the physical feel of the instrument is important too, if you are a player. Like, how your hands like the neck and how the body fits to your way of dealing with it.

e: yea I can take a guitar apart and replacing or modding the pickups is well within my ability range. It's just playing it that I can't do :(

oh i just meant how they sound. but yeah ergonomic stuff's important. the easiest way to make a lovely cheap guitar feel like a nice one is to round over the edges of the fretboard and make sure the ends of the frets are also smooth and flush with the neck. that takes a few minutes of hands on work and it's the first thing they skimp on at the factory

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

emfive posted:

I have a personal pizza sauce technique that I believe is a unique invention, though it's not particularly amazing so somebody else may have come up with it too. It's easy but time-consuming and you need slightly special equipment.

I too can open a jar of ragu.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I feel like some other would-be strike already did this

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

*swipes left*

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Is it an immersion blender

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

smarxist posted:

*swipes left*

Actually it's a PERFECT online dating profile lmao

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
play what’s convenient that isn’t a complete hunk of trash.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

PDP-1 posted:

butts, but also dongs

congrats ham cheeks on your new buttons, i trust in you that you will use them well and probe jerks that make this forum less fun to post in

celebrating my first non-phone internet connection since hurricane idalia, thanks fix-it guy david for your help, you did good, 10/10 on the creepy comcast post-service poll hope this gets you a raise

Oh gently caress welcome back to the land of the living

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

it's weird that this keeps getting tested and he keeps failing i wonder if he's lying or just making GBS threads-his-pants senile but to point this out is actually fascist for being pro trump because you have to like shitbag peepaw or else

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

lol

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

the cdc hosed the messaging on masking so hard hospital administrators are terrified of making staff or patients mask again so we're probably looking at lots of nosocomial infections and a hearty mass casualty event over the next few months

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

this mass casualty event will actually be a cool thing because republicans will be 17% more likely to die, lol owned - the cdc

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Cool balcony tho

do you always go into the bathroom to post

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Spoondick posted:

the cdc hosed the messaging on masking so hard hospital administrators are terrified of making staff or patients mask again so we're probably looking at lots of nosocomial infections and a hearty mass casualty event over the next few months

it's a good thing covid is over

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Elephanthead posted:

I too can open a jar of ragu.

no.

I puree a 28oz can of good tomatoes with a clove of garlic, some fresh basil, and maybe one or two other things but usually not, and then (this is the special equipment part) strain that through a normal sieve into a bowl, and then transfer the strained stuff into a fine-mesh "china cap" sieve (sorry for the racist terminology but that's what they're called) placed over another pan or bowl. That sits for like an hour or more with frequent stirring to drain the liquid out. The end result is almost like tomato paste, but it's still uncooked tomato. That goes on the pizza. The liquid runoff is extremely useful also for pre-cooking mushrooms and (weirdly, I guess) eggplant chunks to top the pizza, with a little added salt. That way the mushrooms are kind-of cooked but also still moist, and they end up way better on the pizza (in my opinion) than raw mushroom slices because they've soaked up a lot of flavor from the tomato liquid.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

piss guzzler 420 posted:

do you always go into the bathroom to post

wait what does this question mean

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

donald trump has died

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
me @ ur posts

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

UFOTacoMan posted:

me @ ur posts

ayyyyyy lmao

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

hey I just learned that 15 Sep is "el Dia del Grito", the day Fr Hidalgo preached revolution in 1810 against Spain. gently caress Spain am I right?

Here's Jauja with some ideas for Dia del Grito cooking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yp_f0vP3JM

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

merry sepsis day, to those who celebrate

Only registered members can see post attachments!

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Spoondick posted:

merry sepsis day, to those who celebrate

gently caress yea

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

RVWinkle posted:

Breakfast

I’m sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009