Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

mllaneza posted:

Speaking of the Niners and trades, apparently we've got $40 mil cap space after signing Bosa.

Niners should trade for Mike Evans. I don’t care that they don’t need another WR. Get more star power. More!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Niners should trade for Mike Evans. I don’t care that they don’t need another WR. Get more star power. More!

Can he run the jet sweep?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mustached Demon posted:

Can he run the jet sweep?

No but I feel pretty comfortable saying that he could replace Juaun Jennings and then some

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Lifespan posted:

I don't think the Seahawks are going to be bad. They still have a lot of talent on that roster despite the clear issues. That said, I think they are going to be a fringe playoff team and part of that is because they play 4 games against the Rams and Cardinals.

I still think the Rams and Cards will suck this year, but go ahead and throw in the Seahawks in at this point. They looked so disinterested in playing this week in every way. I still think they have a lot of talent on the roster, but keep that up and this will be Carroll's retirement party. The fact that they are fighting injuries in week 1 and their bye is in week 5, yikes.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1700994890619040244?s=20

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Atlanta threw the ball just 18 times.

Get them into the NFCW asap.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

on the brightside the mariners are in the hunt and the kraken start in one month :smith:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Tweak posted:

on the brightside the mariners are in the hunt and the kraken start in one month :smith:

Sorry to say, the Ms burned themselves out getting into first place for about a week. The rest of the season is going to be a slow death.

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
As easy as it is to doom post on my Seattle teams. It is what it is and all we can do is either cry or lol and keep on buying $20 beers at a game & truckin

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Seems good.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1701041961568755914?s=19

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

I hear there are doubters.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I love the fact that the 49ers just up and dumped Lance. Didn't listen to the narratives, they realized what they had with Brock and decided this is his team and Lance was kind of trash.

Not sure Darnold is really a better option than Lance, but in terms of handing Brock Purdy the keys to the team, saying very clearly that he is their guy going forward, absolutely love that. He earned every bit

Rotten posted:

As easy as it is to doom post on my Seattle teams. It is what it is and all we can do is either cry or lol and keep on buying $20 beers at a game & truckin

I think the Hawks will bounce back, and I'm betting the Rams do not look this good every week, but yeah I expected a lot more. I'll have to see what happened to the passing game since it really shouldn't have been that bad, and in the first half they were running over the Rams at will. Rarely do you see such a split in performance from first half to second half, and I'm really not sure what caused it. Was it Geno, were people just not getting open, did they abandon the run game, did they come down with team-wide case of diahrrea, what was it?

On defense I felt like it was pretty obvious: the D line turned in a massive turd. Run defense was pretty solid (unless it was a run for a touchdown lol), but the pass rush didn't exist. Unable to do jack poo poo against what will probably prove to be one of the worst lines in the NFL, or bottom half at the very least.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Cat Hassler posted:

My bold prediction is that the Seattle Seahawks will be as good or even a bit better than they were last year

Lifespan posted:

Look. I get that the preseason is about giving reps to the bench and finding the line between bench and practice squad and cut, but holy poo poo the Rams looked loving dire tonight. If that is their depth... why did Aaron Donald come back?

rjmccall posted:

The Rams sold out to maximize their window with Stafford, and they won a Super Bowl. But yeah, in ‘21 they had no first-rounder, and in ‘22 they had no first- or second-rounder (and their third-rounder was the very end of the round), and in ‘23 they still had no first-rounder. On top of that, they’ve seemingly missed on a lot of the picks they’ve actually had. So yeah, it’s a rough roster outside of the stars.

Play posted:

hello nfc west compatriots.

this division is going to be bad this year compared to most recent years. I think. 49ers might be okay, but not as good as last year, Rams and Cardinals are gonna be utter poo poo. Only team really looking up from what I can tell are the hawks

lmao. indeed, congrats to the trump loving multi millionaire who called colin kaepernick a clown for protesting police violence

Lifespan posted:

I don't think the Seahawks are going to be bad. They still have a lot of talent on that roster despite the clear issues. That said, I think they are going to be a fringe playoff team and part of that is because they play 4 games against the Rams and Cardinals.

seiferguy posted:

So are the Rams just made up of Stafford, Donald, and 51 UDFAs?

Chris James 2 posted:

Stafford and McVay begging each other for a year to retire first already so the other won't have to justify their own to the press

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I don't know how much of that game was the Rams over Seahawks in the NFC West rock paper scissor match.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
That post owns, take that victory lap OP

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I remember game one of last season, in which the niners slid all over a drenched field looking like absolute fools, and then went on a run towards the superbowl that was only derailed by all the quarterbacks dying.

It's week one. The wailing and gnashing of teeth, while amusing, is premature.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Papercut posted:

As long as it's understood that it'll be quoted again if/when the Rams start sucking lol

And I'm a California team fan, I love the Rams just don't see it. I feel like things went unrealistically well in that game. But would be rad if I'm totally, utterly, completely wrong, that would be the best kind of wrong to be.

And I have to admit they came out with real fire and fight while the Seahawks looked sick and defeated, didn't expect that at all.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Firing Darrell Bevell is really turning out to be way more of a monkey's paw situation than even I anticipated. We keep getting fool's gold offenses that get solved in the last quarter of every season and now we can't even make it that far even with a receiving corps everyone penciled as top 5 preseason.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Great post, lol love it

Papercut posted:

100% agree

Please note that THIS Seahawks goon recognized that the team was not gonna be good :smug:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Quote me, Darius, I foresee the future

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

DeimosRising posted:

i would actually like to see a lot less cmc and lot more elijah mitchell, especially when we go up 27-7 early in the third.

Yeah agreed. My buddy and I were shouting at the TV as to why CMC was still in after the game got out of hand.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Atlanta threw the ball just 18 times.

Get them into the NFCW asap.

And that's even without Patterson. Crazy how deep they are with their running game

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Play posted:

I love the fact that the 49ers just up and dumped Lance. Didn't listen to the narratives, they realized what they had with Brock and decided this is his team and Lance was kind of trash.

Not sure Darnold is really a better option than Lance, but in terms of handing Brock Purdy the keys to the team, saying very clearly that he is their guy going forward, absolutely love that. He earned every bit

Based on the preseason games I watched, Darnold is definitely better than Lance. He made decisions faster and was more accurate in both reads and throws. He might even have looked better than Purdy did last preseason.

Trey though, he's regressed. I think his mind was just out of football too long for him to be as present as he should have been.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

:respek:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Great post, lol love it

100% agree

Please note that THIS Seahawks goon recognized that the team was not gonna be good :smug:

It's the shook from juuuuuusssssttttt missing out on future Galactic Overlord Anthony Richardson. I'm not sure it'll ever wear off. Might have to relegate the team to the Pac-3.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

lmfao well deserved :cheers:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Oh god that was awful. I saw a video on Purdy on my YT feed. I thought it was from Kurt Warner's channel - which is pretty good - so I clicked on it. Oh no, it was JT "Just Touchdowns" O'Sullivan. Motherfucker, I've been to some of your games. I am not interested on your opinion on or analysis of a QB who can actually play the game.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Just Touchdowns' videos are really fuckin good

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Just Touchdowns' videos are really fuckin good

Yeah he's not pretending he could better, he's evaluating them on the scale of a starting QB in the NFL, plus explaining play concepts. Some of it can be a bit boring, I would rather have him cover more plays than spend so much time on each one, but it's good stuff.

I do laugh when he nags about his patreon though. bitch no I am not paying someone who made millions playing football

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Play posted:

Some of it can be a bit boring, I would rather have him cover more plays than spend so much time on each one, but it's good stuff.

This and promoting his patreon are the only parts I don’t like but otherwise it’s pretty good

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Johnny Del's film breakdown is a lot more informative than JT's but JT's is fine

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Papercut posted:

Johnny Del's film breakdown is a lot more informative than JT's but JT's is fine

He only does 49ers though right? Unless I'm thinking of someone else. But I agree he's p good although I like watching other teams too

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Yes, the Seattle Seahawks are indeed...bad.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Good post.

Gotta say I am really looking forward to Sunday as Niners fan, though.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Vox Nihili posted:

Good post.

Gotta say I am really looking forward to Sunday as Niners fan, though.

Niners wearing their home jerseys because it basically is a home game for them. Stafford on a silent count again lol

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I think if the niners can stop the run they'll do just fine.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

trilljester posted:

Niners wearing their home jerseys because it basically is a home game for them. Stafford on a silent count again lol

https://twitter.com/nwagoner/status/1702329858242818165

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

SoFi may have had more dolphin fans than chargers fans last week. This is not strictly a Rams issue. It's an L.A. issue.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Seems to be getting better though - more LA fans are blossoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

SoFi may have had more dolphin fans than chargers fans last week. This is not strictly a Rams issue. It's an L.A. issue.

Sounds like an excuse a fan of the SOSAR would come up with :colbert: