Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

DoombatINC posted:

aaaah a belly full of ABV, no better way to lift your play token off the game board and drop it somewhere between "dizzying ether frolic" and "the withering flame of man's third act"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Carth Dookie posted:

but just look at that second pic. It's the most "hi I'm doing illicit drugs" looking setup.

Yes, I agree it's extremely cool, congratulations.

Edit: Legitimately laughed out loud at this.

DoombatINC posted:

aaaah a belly full of ABV, no better way to lift your play token off the game board and drop it somewhere between "dizzying ether frolic" and "the withering flame of man's third act"

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

LifeSunDeath posted:

ok so I spent some more time with this thca weed today, and it does work, the other pack of it wasn't as bad as the first, but both taste bitter/astringent in a way I can't quite explain. I've found scant information online other than obvious plants trying to disseminate nothing but positive vibes around a clearly shady product. someone suggested that it was not sprayed but the weed is picked early to limit the thc, or is cured poorly...I'm still not convinced this stuff isn't adulterated, but the high feels pretty normal, maybe a little headachy...sad I can't just be in legal land.

THCA weed is just weed, but it sounds like they're probably distinguishing that they sprayed it with THCA or something. Unless they're actually reporting a lower THC content, they probably haven't limited the THC by picking it early or anything... THCA becomes THC when you smoke it (this is why you have to decarb weed to make edibles).

This is an example screenshot from one of my local dispensaries, that includes the full cannabinoid profile:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

maxe posted:

just packed up a couple of AVB capsules for my ~30 hours of flights from australia to qatar to italy

last time i did a long haul flight on edibles it became a sweaty, intense nightmare which at least distracted me from the fact that I was on a plane. I guess id rather be scared than bored

isn't Qatar one of those countries where if you have weed particle in your shoes they'll put you in jail for years? I'd be careful.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Modern Leper posted:

THCA weed is just weed, but it sounds like they're probably distinguishing that they sprayed it with THCA or something. Unless they're actually reporting a lower THC content, they probably haven't limited the THC by picking it early or anything... THCA becomes THC when you smoke it (this is why you have to decarb weed to make edibles).

This is an example screenshot from one of my local dispensaries, that includes the full cannabinoid profile:

You need to just try it sometime, it's weed in some way but it's different tasting from any real weed I've had, and not in a great way. Also the high is there but it's a little flat. I found myself going back to regular weed yesterday evening. It really reminds me of the time I got some CBD/CBG weed and it just tasted wrong and left a campfire smell on my face after smoking it, was strange, and very different from real weed.

Also every time I try and look up the company that made the thca weed I have there's no info that's not from them directly...it's all a smokescreen for some shadiness I can sense it...anyway, today I'm doing fine no ill effects from smoking it a few times yesterday.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Got a Rogue SE and water pipe adapter. Seems quicker and more powerful than my old Arizer Solo and could be enough to get me to switch to vaping instead of smoking.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Brain Curry posted:

Got a Rogue SE and water pipe adapter. Seems quicker and more powerful than my old Arizer Solo and could be enough to get me to switch to vaping instead of smoking.

yeah the rogue is way way way easier to use than the dynavap and the results are incredible. I can rip through many capsules without making a mess or having to dig out the chamber or wait for it to cool. It's just totally better than the dynavap in every way.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

It's just totally better than the dynavap in every way.

bold claim. might buy one and test it out

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

The Modern Leper posted:

fwiw, I've gotten "high THCA hemp flower" from a few different vendors over the last couple of months, and it all seems like normal weed, though the strength has varied a bit between strains/vendors of course. very satisfied with most of my purchases. I've also gotten some CBD hemp flower as well, and some stuff from one vendor was dry as hell and smelled off, but everything else I've ordered smells/looks great and vapes well. (this is in the US, to be clear.)

recently received an Airvape Legacy Pro that I got on a Labor Day sale, only used it a few times so far but it seems nice. I'll still probably use my dynavap most of the time for quick hits here and there, but it's nice to have a session vape for when I have a day off and want something I can pass to my partner without having to worry about fumbling a hot dynavap tip

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Carth Dookie posted:

bold claim. might buy one and test it out

capsules are mandatory for the better experience. I've got a Fury Edge and it's completely taken over the role of oil cartridges for me, produces good vapor, there's legitimately no mess if you're putting whole unground bud in the capsule (which you should be doing) and it's extremely under-the-radar since it just looks like a box mod vape thing

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
dynavap has become my at home/porch vape while my fury edge is my regular use vape, it's a great system

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

capsules are mandatory for the better experience. I've got a Fury Edge and it's completely taken over the role of oil cartridges for me, produces good vapor, there's legitimately no mess if you're putting whole unground bud in the capsule (which you should be doing) and it's extremely under-the-radar since it just looks like a box mod vape thing

word of warning, the fury and the rogue are FLOWER ONLY. if you were to get oil into them it wouldn't be possible to clean out the base part.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

You can do little dab/flower sandwiches in the caps if you keep the amount of concentrate small. I've done that before. Very small amount though. That new POTV Lobo looks interesting too. Rogue/Edge with a removable battery.

And using the Rogue caps with my XQ2 has become my primary method at home. The Rogue caps fit into the basket screen in the 18mm F/M adapter. Then I replaced the tornado bowl with a shorter 18mm F/F adapter.

Works nice. Easy to clean. Fast to reload. For my use, pretty ideal as a desktop.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
thca weed is thc weed if there is any difference its in your mind

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

bagmonkey posted:

if you're putting whole unground bud in the capsule (which you should be doing)

What’s the advantage of this?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
happy page 710

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Brain Curry posted:

What’s the advantage of this?

it makes the cleanup MUCH easier but also you're not losing anything off of the bud when you ground, i.e. kief and poo poo. But mostly it makes clean up hella easy

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
all I have today is a watch-only work meeting, so it is 9:44 AM and I am on my way

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

bagmonkey posted:

it makes the cleanup MUCH easier but also you're not losing anything off of the bud when you ground, i.e. kief and poo poo. But mostly it makes clean up hella easy

stoners always innovating in improved forms of laziness. one of the noblest pursuits for sure

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dick Fontaine posted:

stoners always innovating in improved forms of laziness. one of the noblest pursuits for sure

it's a lotta this. someone mention they didn't grind their bud for their Dynavap and I was like I bet can do that with the capsules and sure as poo poo, works like a fuckin charm

laziness ftw

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

But the little shovel that comes in the Fury Edge capsule kit is so nice, you can't convince me skipping grinding is better because then you don't get to shovel ground up weed into dosing capsules

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

If I'm not using capsules, I do sometimes put a full nug in my POTV one. Then after that unground nug is cached, I take a toothpick and break it up inside the bowl. Then I get one or two more good hits out of it. So, I do think you lose some potential vapor if you do unground nugs. If you're saving the AVB and making something out of it, then I guess you get that back in your tincture/oil/edible/whatever.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I upgraded my mini globe bong while I wait for the painfully slow shipping of my flowerpot, and added around 800 x 6mm glass beads to it. Less water means less terp loss, and the balls hugely increase the diffusion which gives some impressive cooling. It'll turn any mediocre bong into an incredible bong

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1702328522717684120

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I’m running a globe dry with my ball vape. I figure the less obstacles for the vapor, the less potency lost. The only place I really see golden resin buildup is at the elbow of the 90degree whip adapter.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gonna smoke some weed

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

eddiewalker posted:

I’m running a globe dry with my ball vape. I figure the less obstacles for the vapor, the less potency lost. The only place I really see golden resin buildup is at the elbow of the 90degree whip adapter.

I have delicate lungs, so I still need water + cooling if I don't want to have a huge coughing fit.

I don't mind resin buildup, as I wash the bongs out first using something called 'Cuplitt Dipping Solution' - a ~95% food grade alcohol used by icing artists, and make some potent tinctures over time. It's as close as us brits can get to Everclear without going blind or costing a 2nd mortgage to get.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

fuctifino posted:

I upgraded my mini globe bong while I wait for the painfully slow shipping of my flowerpot, and added around 800 x 6mm glass beads to it. Less water means less terp loss, and the balls hugely increase the diffusion which gives some impressive cooling. It'll turn any mediocre bong into an incredible bong

I'm into this extreme alchemy lab style poo poo, I formally condone it even.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

fuctifino posted:

oooooh I've thought of adding beads to my orb, gonna have to do it now. Thanks!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
how do I get a weed orb. I want a weed orb.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

:orb:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

bagmonkey posted:

:orb: https://www.sneakypetestore.com/collections/sneaky-pete-store/products/mega-globe-mk2?variant=40266908237905

I think I'm going to get one of these things. I already have the dynavap, what else do I need to make it work? Probably that electric heater thing instead of going through a bunch of butane.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Jelly posted:

:orb: https://www.sneakypetestore.com/collections/sneaky-pete-store/products/mega-globe-mk2?variant=40266908237905

I think I'm going to get one of these things. I already have the dynavap, what else do I need to make it work? Probably that electric heater thing instead of going through a bunch of butane.

you need to heat it with lasers or magic

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

you need to heat it with lasers or magic

I gotta a guy with a magic laser. Pricey though.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

what's that thing people get for the dynavap that looks like a credstick from Starfield

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jelly posted:

Simrell FMJ or equivalent is the best cheapest dynavap upgrade. Basically mandatory IMO.

For the electric heater thing, you want the Inspire wand.

Surprisingly useful but not mandatory is the "bonger" adaptor for the orb and dynavap tip.

Peak dynavap setup is roughly this:

But I'm experimenting with the vaphit mini bubbler as well:

Which works. Not sure if I like it more than the orb, but it's ok as well and cheaper than an orb.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Thanks Carth for always being there to keep me informed (often with repeat information that I've forgotten) every time I get the urge to :orb:

I've got the FMJ so I'll probably just grab the orb and your recommended additional accessory.

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!
I love how natural laughter is when I'm high. When I'm sober, laughing is like switching states. (e.g. normal state to joy state then back to normal) But when I'm high, my normal self and more joyful self are blended together so everything is just more easy....(?)

Ah you get what i'm saying.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yeah laughing and experiencing joy are great, and weed makes that so much easier.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

Yeah laughing and experiencing joy are great, and weed makes that so much easier.

No lie and not to bum out anyone else, you do you, at all times.

I can think of several times where weed has stolen the joy from the event. Like a great event, maybe a celebration. Then I smoke some weed to celebrate... and everything changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

fuctifino posted:

The Weed Thread: The balls greatly increase diffusion