Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

It's going to be the fight from They Live as both teams are like, relatively limping into that series right now.

i legit dont think we come out of the series with any semblance of an in tact pitching staff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Phillies are the worst team ever to be pretty good

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

euphronius posted:

I want to riposte with some other team that's a better example of this but I can't think of one

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Fast Luck posted:

Say what you will about the Angels being a mismanaged franchise that's squandered Trout and Ohtani, they had some of the worst injury luck ever this year. That list doesn't even include prior injuries like Zach Neto who misesd 50 games and just came back a couple days ago.

The whole team is like the outfielder from Major League 2 who keeps running into the wall.

"Personally, I think he's just trying to get out of the lineup."

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Eric the Mauve posted:

I want to riposte with some other team that's a better example of this but I can't think of one

2006 Cardinals

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I don’t know how many of you are buying baseball tshirts but it has come to my attention that BreakingT has been stealing designs for their shirts, which was pointed out by Obvious Shirts when BreakingT claimed a PCA/CTA logo design that Obvious shirt designed and published back in March.

https://twitter.com/obvious_shirts/status/1701787241599607139?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw
https://twitter.com/lindsayhickman_/status/1335281970318860289?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

2006 Cardinals
no that’s the inverse: the best team to be not that good

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Fast Luck posted:

Say what you will about the Angels being a mismanaged franchise that's squandered Trout and Ohtani, they had some of the worst injury luck ever this year. That list doesn't even include prior injuries like Zach Neto who misesd 50 games and just came back a couple days ago.

drat I didn't even realize Neto wasn't there. I had thought it was all the guys who had been on the IL, or are currently on the IL.

gently caress, it doesn't have O'Hoppe either. The list should be like twice as long

Edit: Holy poo poo, the cumulative 2023 number of days missed is 1,950 and $56 million paid out

mdemone fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Sep 13, 2023

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
personally I think if Manoah wanted to keep his spot and get paid he should have been responsible and taken ownership of his issues and started doing PEDs at the first signs of trouble

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

2006 cardinals had peak TLR

You can’t discount his power

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Fast Luck posted:

Or O'Hoppe or Drury. Or that Ohtani has now missed 10 games in a row and probably should have been shut down by now.

Or that plenty of players have been injured but they didn't have enough room on the 10 IL to put them on it so they just took up an active roster spot.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

A bunch of the hefty lads had issues this year and people hypothesize it may be related to the pitch clock, in that they're in shape enough to pitch but not at that pace? I dunno if I necessarily buy it, but I definitely saw it floated for Manoah, Lynn, and Nestor's issues.

For Manoah specifically, he lost velocity AND control AND movement on his breaking pitches. The speculation is he isn't finishing his delivery properly but he also just looks lost on the mound and cracks under any pressure.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Good Dog posted:

Or O'Hoppe or Drury. Or that Ohtani has now missed 10 games in a row and probably should have been shut down by now.

it seems like he has been?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

it'll be more than 2000 days lost to injury in a single season, by the end

amazing work, everybody

WALLET

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

They should trade Manoah to the Rays for Wander Franco, a man who will never refuse minors

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

The bullpen is absolute garbage and managed to over perform at just the right time last year. I'm pretty sure run production as a whole is up, especially after the Power of Friendship fixed Trea, but the team is incapable of handling just about any lead fewer than 5-6 runs.

Also, lmao

https://twitter.com/UmpScorecards/status/1701968785337438649

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Don’t post computers at me I hate them . I side with humans

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

euphronius posted:

Don’t post computers at me I hate them . I side with humans

Angel Hernandez account spotted

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So you admit umps are humans. That’s a rare admission for baseball fans

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

They should trade Manoah to the Rays for Wander Franco, a man who will never refuse minors

holy poo poo

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

euphronius posted:

2006 cardinals had peak TLR

You can’t discount his power

David Eckstein could not be stopped

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

Eric the Mauve posted:

:drat:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Nick Madrigal is the worst baserunning I've ever seen in baseball.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

very nice

R.D. Mangles posted:

Maldy got doubled off on a ball that I swore shoulda been an infield fly. Also Jose Altuve is the worst baserunner in the league, hands down.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

You've clearly already forgotten watching Contreras get thrown out 20 times a year trying to stretch routine singles into doubles on his busted catcher knees.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm a big Nick homer but it's gone so far past infuriating that it cycled past hilarious and is back to infuriating.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I still have no idea why he was drafted with a top five pick.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Kirios posted:

White Sox

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kirios posted:

Because at the time he was flashing what looked to be a legit 80 grade hit tool and his total lack of power would be less of an issue if he could hit .350 like Arráez. It kinda looked like that might actually be feasible in his rookie year but a comical amount of injuries since seems to have robbed some physicality and he's now more of a .250's hitter with no power which uh, plays a lot less.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Let me tell you about the Blue Jays brain farting into an out practically every game cause they want to be "aggressive"

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Kirios posted:

Bregor posted:

If the Cubs gently caress up the rest of September I will remember this as the Nick Madrigal Starting Third Baseman Season

Evergreen post

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
we're doing our best to gently caress up September but everybody else is falling into the abyss with us.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Poque posted:

we're doing our best to gently caress up September but everybody else is falling into the abyss with us.

Except the Brewers who are apparently never going to lose another regular season game again.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Let me tell you about the Blue Jays brain farting into an out practically every game cause they want to be "aggressive"

Then they challenge a clear out call and lose their challenge in the 2nd inning.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Jays are going to get swept by the Rangers

:(

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Davis Schneider will save us.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bird in a Blender posted:

That dude is very fast. God I hope he can hit at least decently.

He's got a Javy Baez issue of swinging wildly at pitches in a different ZIP code.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Nick Madrigal STINKS!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Very upsetting to be alive witnessing the 2023 Brewers morph into maybe the most unbeatable team ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Miz Kriss posted:

I don’t know how many of you are buying baseball tshirts but it has come to my attention that BreakingT has been stealing designs for their shirts, which was pointed out by Obvious Shirts when BreakingT claimed a PCA/CTA logo design that Obvious shirt designed and published back in March.

https://twitter.com/obvious_shirts/status/1701787241599607139?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw
https://twitter.com/lindsayhickman_/status/1335281970318860289?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw

Saw this too. The CEO or whatever of the scummy company pretending that they came up with all these identical ideas on their own was bad too. I think they've even been trying to trademark some of the designs.