Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Mario Galaxy 2 :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

DLC Inc posted:

devs have said a billion times that to port XCX would be a humongous pain in the rear end

lazy devs

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

DLC Inc posted:

devs have said a billion times that to port XCX would be a humongous pain in the rear end

skill issue

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Metroid Prime remaster was pretty incredible but I find it really hard to get hype about old games for the most part. Lol at the idiots who have been waiting for Wind Waker HD for the last 5 years.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Silver Falcon posted:

The music in that game was awful and I will be dying on this hill. :colbert:

Don't act like you don't sing it every day

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

If they remastered XCX it would then become accessible to me and I would have to play it, and I don't think I'd like that

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

American McGay posted:

The Metroid Prime remaster was pretty incredible but I find it really hard to get hype about old games for the most part. Lol at the idiots who have been waiting for Wind Waker HD for the last 5 years.

I'm with you on that but I'm a sucker for upscaled 3DS games on the switch, ugly warts and all.

Otherwise yeah there are so many modern new games that I really want to get to and haven't played so my interest in retreading old ground is very very low. Especially if it comes with a $50-$60 price tag lol lmao

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

MassRafTer posted:

One of the Pyoro tweets was

https://twitter.com/Pyoro_X/status/1700491127831543829

So we're getting a remake of Prime 3 and Prime Pinball and no Prime 2 for peak Nintendo.

Finally, remake of Rub Rabbits!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Libluini posted:

I wonder if we will ever see games like Ogre Battle 64 and Mischief Makers again, or if they're dead forever, like Lufia II is, thanks to Taito holding the rights.

It's kind of funny how on one hand you get rights holders taking every penny to get their lovely games back into play, and on the other hand you get Taito, who will personally murder everyone who tries to play their games. Yes, even on an emulator. If you play Lufia right now, there's a man in a mask standing right behind you

I'm surprised Ogre Battle hasn't been on at least the upcoming list, given it was on the Wii/WiiU shops.

Also I'd love to see Mischief Makers get some love. Just gotta shake-shake the emulation team... :toughguy:

roomtwofifteen posted:

If they remastered XCX it would then become accessible to me and I would have to play it, and I don't think I'd like that

XCX re-releasing as-is feels like a tough ask because it's fundamentally unfinished in so, so many ways. I want to see them rebuild it ground-up to at least have a full complete story, if not actually finish building the open-world multiplayer it was meant to have.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

fossil fighters hd

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Sorry I really, really don't. The music annoyed the poo poo out of me. Plenty of music gets stuck in my head, aggressively. That is not one of them.

roomtwofifteen posted:

If it got an overhaul, I would happily revisit it! I enjoyed my time with the game but yikes it needed a lot more time in the oven.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Red Rox posted:

I bought Doom Eternal on the recent sale and man I must be getting old because I really suck at it. Maybe it's cause I'm playing it in handheld mode, but I just can't seem to get into the right flow, I'm struggling to hit anything. It's like it moves too fast for me, and stuff like how the left trigger is for a secondary mode, rather than aiming, really messes with me for some reason.

I had to turn the difficulty down to actually get anywhere - so shameful. It's like there are too many options for battles and I end up mostly just zipping around using the flaming shotgun hook, which is still a lot of fun, but maybe kinda boring. Also I sometimes feel sorry for the old ladies when they sit next to me on the bus - the glory kills are pretty gruesome lol.

The music is hilarious though - prob my fav part.

That game just has a super steep learning curve and is hard as loving poo poo bordering on unfair before you start to get more stuff. I wasn't able to do much past the 2nd stage on Ultra Violence and had to drop down to hurt me plenty till nearly the end of the game when I'd gotten all the upgrades. Now I can beat the whole game on Ultra Violence with maybe a few retries. Also you need to be using everything at your disposal pretty non stop or you generally just eat poo poo and die.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i believe in gently caress zero

Kale
May 14, 2010

If the cowards at IS ever feel like remaking Genealogy of The Holy War instead of just featuring characters from it in Heroes now would be a good time, but they won't.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

we're probably not getting Ogre Battle 64 on NSO until the Switch 2

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

RuBisCO posted:

Finally, remake of Rub Rabbits!

RUB IT!!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Also if they remastered XCX they may feel compelled to do additional work on top of that to make it fit into canon which seems like a hefty ask at this point.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Nintendo broke all the rules with the switch, we can now play on rooftops. I can't imagine where we will be able to play with the switch 2

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Suoer Switch will be water proof so you can play it underwater

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
wind waker

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

One of the Pyoro tweets was

https://twitter.com/Pyoro_X/status/1700491127831543829

So we're getting a remake of Prime 3 and Prime Pinball and no Prime 2 for peak Nintendo.

I am gonna guess Trauma Center since I choose to interpret it as a game that was on both DS and Wii

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Can’t wait until they announce the Windwaker/Twilight Princess HD combo pack which you can download today for free.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Kale posted:

If the cowards at IS ever feel like remaking Genealogy of The Holy War instead of just featuring characters from it in Heroes now would be a good time, but they won't.

Seriously. I would love to give half a drat about any of the idiots from Jugdral that they keep shoving into that game. Cowards.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The new system will be called the Nintendo Watch. It will be designed around the idea of streaming your gameplay at all times and also projecting your games onto a pair of Google Glasses style lenses so you can 'watch' a game and let others watch you at the same time.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

It’s going to be callled the Nintendo Switcheroonie and it’s going to say “whoopsie!” every time you try to put in the dock and miss

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
A feature useless to me because I, like Nintendo, never miss.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I can’t believe they’re releasing Link’s Crossbow Training HD

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I, for one, welcome the Vitality Sensor after its long journey to get here.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Was there ever any example of the Vitality Sensor other than... Tetris that speeds up and slows down based on your heart rate?

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I want Xenoblade X 2 the way I want
Picross 3d round 3
3d hotel dusk sequel
Last story 2
Project xzone 3
Wonderful 102
Kid Icarus uprising 2

So let's make literally any of that happen Mr Nintendo.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
New virtual boy U now with graphics that render in 2 colors: red and marigold

The design is largely the same as the original except with added rumble and gyro support (headset only)

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I'd love a well done Donkey Kong 3D platformer, personally.

You know, at first I hated the idea, but then I imagined it working in a diorama-esque environment like Captain Toad and I was suddenly all for it. I bet hoping around a construction site that you rotate as you run would be fun.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

D.Fuzzbot posted:

we're stuck on a different planet

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The new system will be called the Nintendo Watch. It will be designed around the idea of streaming your gameplay at all times and also projecting your games onto a pair of Google Glasses style lenses so you can 'watch' a game and let others watch you at the same time.

cmon the nintendo swatch was right there

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I'd love a well done Donkey Kong 3D platformer, personally.

I wasn’t a big fan of DK64 to be honest but a proper 3D platformer that cut back on the collectathon aspect could be decent though

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Would be nice to finally see Metroid Prime 4 tomorrow. Its been almost 5 years since it restarted development at Retro.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
The other day I spoke to a child that thought Wind Waker was originally released on the Wii U.

I told them, no, I was in fifth grade when it came out on the Gamecube. Now excuse me while I crumple into dust.

:shepicide:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Looking forward to more rooftop parties with the Wonder Swanch 2.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
i did one of those bingo cards

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of franchises, what are the chances of us seeing another Kirby game before the Switch dies (even if it’s just another spinoff title)?