Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Because you've definitely been for abolishing tuition fees and implementing rent control, Blower you massive cuntwaffle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
High tuition fees and student rents are perfectly fine, unless the loony lefty liberal lecturers are on strike :argh:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Sarah Akinterinwa on Rishi Sunak and doctors’ pay – Little to cheer NHS medics in PM’s visions"

Telegraph:

"A-levels are not a level playing field"

Independent:

Times:

In 10 years no one will care about your A-level results, Gillian Keegan tells pupils

Evening Standard:

Calls grow to give England’s Lionesses a fitting tribute if they win in final against Spain

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on Covid booster jabs – Vaccines may become available for UK public to buy after scientists back move"

Telegraph:

US approves sending F-16s to Ukraine from Denmark, Netherlands

Independent:

Trump dubbed ‘coward’ for skipping GOP debate for interview with Tucker Carlson – live updates After Renoir.

The i paper:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Donald Trump: ‘It’s a witch hunt!’ – The former president takes to his broomstick for the 2024 election"

Sunday Telegraph:

Spain vs England predictions: Women's World Cup tips and odds

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

‘Before we link up with Australia, some late news: Early this morning dozens of churches were closed due to a mystery illness affecting vicars throughout the country.’

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on US estimates of casualties from the Ukraine war – US officials believe up to 500,000 Ukrainian and Russian troops have been killed or wounded in the bloody conflict so far"

Telegraph:

Sunak’s inflation target ‘in jeopardy’, warns think tank; England outclassed by Spain in 2023 Women's World Cup final

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Jason White on Russian spacecraft Luna-25 crashing into the moon – More bad news for Vladimir Putin came on Saturday when Russia’s mission to the moon ended in failure"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Times:

Can Donald Trump win the first Republican presidential debate — despite not being there?

Evening Standard:

Tank rides through London and dodges ULEZ with simple loophole

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Trump’s risk of incarceration – Former president has been criminally indicted four times, including on racketeering and conspiracy charges, and faces a series of trials in 2024"

Telegraph:

Matt:

British Museum missing more than 1,500 priceless objects

Independent:

Labour rows back workers’ rights pledge in latest U-turn

Times:

Evening Standard:

Donald Trump confirms he will skip Republican debate for presidential candidate; All seven children and teacher rescued from cable car dangling 900ft above Pakistan ravine

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This might be the worst 'two things happened at the same time' cartoon I've ever seen.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump’s expected surrender – Former US president set to be arrested at Fulton county jail on Thursday night" After Ford Madox Brown

Telegraph:

"The Republican debate wasn't about 2024. It was about who follows Trump"

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

UK watching closely following reports of Wagner chief’s death in plane crash

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Vladimir Putin and a plane crash – Russian president suspected of involvement in incident that killed Yevgeny Prigozhin"

Telegraph:

Matt:

British Museum director Hartwig Fischer quits over stolen treasures

Independent:

Who is Yevgeny Prigozhin? Wagner Group chief presumed dead in plane crash

Times:

Evening Standard:

Historic Donald Trump mugshot released after he surrenders to authorities in Georgia

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Seamus Jennings on Donald Trump’s historic police mugshot – Never before has a former US president been arrested and photographed by police"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Luis Rubiales suspended by Fifa after Spanish FA threaten legal action against Jennifer Hermoso

Independent:

The i paper:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Presidential portraits… and Donald Trump’s mugshot – George Washington, Franklin Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln, eat your heart out"

Sunday Telegraph:

British Museum in turmoil as director quits and deputy ‘steps back’ over stolen treasures; Ukraine: The Latest - Is Prigozhin's death the end of the Wagner Group?

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

“You heard me, Buster! Make sure you capture my boyish charm – I’m thinking of running for President.”

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
omg if that was trump rather than lazy stereotype Mac would have been in danger of drawing a good cartoon

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Nadine Dorries stepping down as an MP – The MP’s belated resignation after being described as being ‘as useful as a chocolate teapot’ has triggered another unwanted byelection for Rishi Sunak"

Telegraph:

Nadine Dorries refuses to say whether she'll vote Tory at the next election

Times:

Nadine Dorries: Conservatives can’t win under Rishi Sunak

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Henny Beaumont on a gift from Dorries to Starmer – Departing Tory MP’s savage resignation letter serves PM Rishi on a little dishy to Labour party"

Telegraph:

Ulez cameras painted red as backlash begins

Times:

Suella Braverman blames officials for Bibby Stockholm barge fiasco

Evening Standard:

Air traffic control review ordered with flight disruptions ‘to last for days’

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Daniel Christie on Michael Gove’s plans for new homes – Michael Gove is planning to rip up water pollution rules that builders have blamed for exacerbating England’s housing crisis"

Telegraph:

Flight chaos ‘to last for days’ after air traffic control failure; London Ulez expansion: the complete guide

gently caress Off Matt:

Why one kiss caused an eruption of Spanish anger – and an anti-feminist backlash

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

James Cleverly in China for ‘tough conversations’ with counterparts

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on clearing the air over Ulez – The UK government has attacked Sadiq Khan’s expansion of the London scheme, first introduced by Boris Johnson, as part of a battle against green policies that it hopes will win votes"

Telegraph:

Watch: Anti-Ulez ‘Blade Runner’ vigilantes vandalise cameras in London

Matt:

‘Insane surge’ in sales of diesel cars ahead of Ulez expansion

Independent:

James Cleverly’s China visit is ‘latest stage of project Kowtow’, says Iain Duncan Smith

Times:

Evening Standard:

"The Standard View: Western support for Ukraine must not waver"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Grant Shapps becoming the defence secretary – The Rishi Sunak loyalist has been handed the critical role despite his limited first-hand exposure to foreign affairs and defence and security matters"

Telegraph:

Why Sunak has played it safe with Shapps as Defence Secretary

Matt:

Lockdown returns as schools shut over fears of collapse

Independent:

Grant Shapps replaces Ben Wallace as defence secretary – but top military brass ask if he’s up to the job

Times:

Grant Shapps says he’ll ‘fight for the military’ as defence secretary

Evening Standard:

School buildings in England to be closed over concrete safety fears ahead of new term

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson: a prime minister at his peak – As the UK’s infrastructure crumbles around him, Rishi Sunak has been more concerned with rearranging his cabinet"

Telegraph:

Crumbling Britain: how faulty concrete threatens hospitals, homes, schools – and more

Matt:

Independent:

RSPB apologises for calling Tories ‘liars’ over green promises After Theodoor Rombouts.

The i paper:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Beware the Tory Jubjub bird – It would appear that Conservative green policies are in fact blue…"

Sunday Telegraph:

Concrete crisis may force children into ‘building site’ classrooms for years

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

‘No, mate, not a sign of Nessie... Another wasted day’ Is this the most convincing Loch Ness Monster proof yet? Nessie hunter shares photos of creature in 'most exciting ever' sighting - as large animal is also seen on 'thermal image' cam

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on crumbling concrete in English schools – Belated action on the use of Raac is typical of Tory neglect of the public sector, say critics of the government"

Telegraph:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the government’s approach to the school concrete crisis – Jeremy Hunt has vowed to ‘spend what it takes’ amid claims that Rishi Sunak failed to fully fund repairs of England’s crumbling schools when he was chancellor" But Jeremy Hunt under fire after Treasury says no new cash to fix Raac in schools

Telegraph:

Labour reshuffle latest: Starmer 'offers no new ideas' with shadow cabinet changes

Matt:

Tory rebellion forces Sunak to overturn onshore wind farm ban

Times:

Evening Standard:

Education Secretary caught on camera saying ‘others have sat on their a**e’ over concrete row

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the changes to windfarm planning policy in England – The de facto ban on building onshore wind sites has been lifted, but experts say they remain at the whims of ‘quixotic decisions by local councils’"

Telegraph:

Kim Jong-un to travel to Russia for possible arms deal

Matt:

:sun: UK weather: Mini-heatwave to cause 'tropical nights' in British first for September :supaburn:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

Gillian Keegan caught saying ‘everyone else has sat on arse’ over concrete crisis

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

David Squires:

Extra Bonus! Found this on Bluesky, by Keith Stack, thought Big Thread might appreciate it:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on relations between King Charles and Prince Andrew – Thawing of relations appears to be in order as Prince Andrew joins rest of the family at Balmoral"

Telegraph:

Sickness benefits crackdown to wait until after election; Rugby World Cup 2023: Match schedule, the groups, fixtures and odds

Matt:

Times:

Gillian Keegan apologises after saying she’s done a ‘f***ing good job’

Evening Standard:

The Rolling Stones confirm new album Hackney Diamonds’ release date at hysterically entertaining launch event

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the UK’s crumbling political landscape – Rishi Sunak faces multiple crises including the dangerous state of school buildings, a failing asylum system and major sewage spills by water companies"

Telegraph:

"The era of the tank is far from over"

Matt:

Terror suspect escapes Wandsworth prison

Times:

Horizon: relief for science as UK rejoins £81bn EU programme

Evening Standard:

Rugby World Cup 2023: Fixture list, full schedule, results, kick-off times, venues and odds

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
how long before a pharmacist gets knifed by a quiet gardener for the crime of wearing a scientist's coat

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I've seen a pharmacist in a lab coat for years.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s hopes of a trade deal with India – The British PM believes he will be welcomed as ‘India’s son-in-law’ on G20 trip"

Telegraph:

Offshore wind developers halt UK expansion over ‘uncompetitive’ prices

Matt:

The i paper:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Raac concrete: the Conservatives are doing a really great job – As they are with water, prisons, the NHS…"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunak rejects claims he's lost next election insisting he’s ‘fired up’; Terror suspect Daniel Khalife charged with escaping custody

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the UK’s most wanted – Escaped terrorism suspect Daniel Khalife is back behind bars … but many of the country’s basic needs are still wanted"

Telegraph:

"Bad policy is murdering our high streets" After Ravilious.

Times:

UK government split on listing China as security threat

Evening Standard:

Spanish football boss Luis Rubiales resigns after criticism over Women’s World Cup kiss

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the arrest of a parliamentary researcher suspected of spying – Rishi Sunak has confronted the Chinese premier over what he described as an ‘unacceptable’ interference in democracy"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Times:

XL bully dogs may be banned after girl, 11, bitten

Evening Standard:

Kim Jong-un in Russia for talks with Putin as US warns over arms deal

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Kim Jong-un’s visit to Russia – Kim Jong-un has arrived in Russia on his armoured train for a rare summit with Vladimir Putin to discuss a possible deal to supply North Korean arms for the war in Ukraine"

Telegraph:

Labour’s fiscal rules will be ‘non-negotiable’ in plan for government document

Matt:

Government denies breaking its own laws by allowing release of raw sewage into waterways

Times:

Evening Standard:

After Low.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
I loving *wish*, Blower you prick

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Cloud Potato posted:

Evening Standard:

After Low.

Wow, wasn't expecting this reference. My dad had an entire book of WW2 political cartoons called "Heckling Hitler" and the original was in it.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Wow, wasn't expecting this reference. My dad had an entire book of WW2 political cartoons called "Heckling Hitler" and the original was in it.

I think this reference appears at least once a month in political cartoons, it's required by law.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Daniel Christie on Putin and Kim’s deepening ties – North Korea’s leader has offered Russia ‘full support’ in its fight against the west"

Telegraph:

After Dr. Stranglove.

Matt:

Penny Mordaunt unveils new plan for Royal Yacht Britannia replacement

Times:

Evening Standard:

The bluffer’s guide to London Fashion Week; Labour leader vows to go after ‘terrorist’ gang leaders behind people-smuggling boats

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Sarah Akinterinwa on Keir Starmer’s new approach to asylum seekers – The Labour leader says people smuggling should be treated in the same way as terrorism"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak’s plans to build 100,000 new homes face defeat in Lords
https://twitter.com/DaveyCartoons/status/1702596372245991577

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

No 10 refuses to guarantee HS2 will run to Manchester

Stephen Collins:

Liz Truss to ‘share lessons’ of her time in government in new book

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Labour’s plans for asylum and refugees – Keir Starmer is seeking closer cooperation with the EU over asylum seekers"

Telegraph:

HS2 Manchester leg faces axe as Rishi Sunak tries to save £35bn

Matt:

Wales’s 20mph speed limits will save the NHS £92m a year, claims Mark Drakeford

Times:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

If it's anything like what they've done here, the new limit will extend only to roads where no one in their right mind was going faster than 20mph to start with. I have to admit I was concerned at first that it might affect roads on which it would actually be quite safe to go faster, only to find out in practice that it didn't even apply to residential roads with crosswalks and stuff where arguably it should've applied.

In practice, it's completely irrelevant anyway because there's no speed enforcement to speak of.

In conclusion: Matt, gently caress off and shut up