Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Astro7x posted:

So why did Becky just show up in NXT and take the title? Was there some build to this, or just did it for no reason in particular?

It's time to negotiate the new TV deals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Is a man not entitled to the pop of the WWE Universe?

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Dollar Tree Tony Stark over heah...

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

microwaved howard hughes lookin rear end

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

That’s a rapist

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Salvadore Dall•E

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ARMBAR A COP posted:

That’s a rapist

clap clap clapclapclap

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

remember when this dude hit his wife in public?

edit: just remembered it was more recent than when vince was forced out lol

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 13, 2023

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
don't care how much you claim to like Seth Rollins or whatever but you gotta be a real piece of poo poo to support this company

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

don't care how much you claim to like Seth Rollins or whatever but you gotta be a real piece of poo poo to support this company

wrong

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Most of its support is through tv deals and the saudi money. After something gets to a certain level things like boycotting wouldn't even work. Also I don't know who you're talking to specifically here

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/nick-khan-teases-idea-of-wwe-ufc-events-running-on-same-day

quote:

In a discussion with Bill Simmons taped prior to the official launch of TKO, WWE president Nick Khan gave some hints into how the new company could bolster both WWE and UFC in the near-future.

Asked again about Stephanie McMahon leaving the company, Khan reiterated his previous statements about how he would have loved to have her still with WWE, but that it was her decision to leave when Vince McMahon returned.

"I respect the decision. I wish she hadn’t done that and she knows that from me, personally. She’s a terrific executive and a terrific person. That’s her decision. Her relationship with Vince is theirs and once she made it, I have total respect for the decision," he said.

Simmons then jokingly suggested she come back in an affair storyline with Test which Khan had to correct him on by reminding Simmons that he had passed away years ago.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Please clarify what do you define as "support" here?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Structural

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
watching the show

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

watching the show

Thanks for clarifying, I will do the same.

You are welcome to occasionally post here as a form of protest reminding people that you do not watch the shows, and presenting a coherent argument about why they should not either, or if they do, why they should do their best to avoid paying for PPVs and such.

You are not welcome to post here calling people pieces of poo poo or any other insults for watching the shows.

While it is very unfortunate that the executives at both (now merged) companies and probably others close to them are giant pieces of poo poo, they themselves are not the entire product they run and the shows in general represent years of history and escape from the real world for those watching them, and provide a direct source of enjoyment to the people posting here about it that I think far outweighs the monetary and brand support that is potentially provided by having an engaged fanbase continue to post here.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sounds like someone needs to stand up for WWE.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

We are watching terrible men play with their action figures. Nobody makes a billion dollars being a good person. I have made my peace with it, the toys are innocent.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Eat My Fuc posted:

We are watching terrible men play with their action figures. Nobody makes a billion dollars being a good person. I have made my peace with it, the toys are innocent.

Jimmy Snuka was certainly not innocent

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Also, you made some money off of them.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Brut posted:

Thanks for clarifying, I will do the same.

You are welcome to occasionally post here as a form of protest reminding people that you do not watch the shows, and presenting a coherent argument about why they should not either, or if they do, why they should do their best to avoid paying for PPVs and such.

You are not welcome to post here calling people pieces of poo poo or any other insults for watching the shows.

While it is very unfortunate that the executives at both (now merged) companies and probably others close to them are giant pieces of poo poo, they themselves are not the entire product they run and the shows in general represent years of history and escape from the real world for those watching them, and provide a direct source of enjoyment to the people posting here about it that I think far outweighs the monetary and brand support that is potentially provided by having an engaged fanbase continue to post here.

They regularly post here, I don't think it's a protest. I think they're just posting.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Big Trump Fundraiser

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1701968007881179306?t=M1t8UqGgGqH_zWjTbEW-SA&s=19

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WWE fan (derogatory)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

vince almost pulling off the dollar store timothy dalton from hot fuzz cosplay but still has some work to do on the mustache

whoever photoshopped that was very generous to him and he still looks terrible

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 13, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Brut posted:

You are welcome to occasionally post here.

Let’s change this

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

After 273 pages of saying WWE is bad, it’s time for a change…

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

Also, you made some money off of them.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Gaz-L posted:

Is a man not entitled to the pop of the WWE Universe?

“A McMahon chooses. A Khan obeys.”

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

According to mod rules we can call owners a piece of poo poo and shareholders are owners of the company. Sorry EMF that our tyrannical mods have declared open season.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
a man chooses, a mark obeys

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
the most realistic thing about the scooby doo crossover is vince building an entire city dedicated to himself (WWE)

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

According to mod rules we can call owners a piece of poo poo and shareholders are owners of the company. Sorry EMF that our tyrannical mods have declared open season.

Much like Stephanie McMahon I sold my stake and rode off into the sunset.

I also blew all the money I made at a Hostess Club

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i knew you were secretly great o khan this entire time

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

EMF loves Kazbars.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Could’ve said Twinkie’s but that’s hack.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

So no jackets?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Gumball Gumption posted:

They regularly post here, I don't think it's a protest. I think they're just posting.

Well I mean now that they have decided (I am assuming practicing what they preach) not to watch the show anymore, obviously if they change their mind and decide to watch the show again, they're also welcomed to keep posting normally about that too, but that goes without saying.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Let’s change this

I don't think that's the right course of action at this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Eat My Fuc posted:

More like Epic My Fuc imo