Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Pokémon type?
This poll is closed.
Plain 6 3.17%
Hot 7 3.70%
Wet 15 7.94%
Green 11 5.82%
Shocking 2 1.06%
Cold 3 1.59%
Punchy 7 3.70%
Poisonous 4 2.12%
Brown 7 3.70%
Bird 11 5.82%
Weird 17 8.99%
Gross 11 5.82%
Solid 2 1.06%
Scary 8 4.23%
Dragon 5 2.65%
Creepy 18 9.52%
Mech 33 17.46%
Pink 22 11.64%
Total: 189 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Barry Convex posted:

guess Monster Hunter World 2 will be announced somewhere else?

almost certainly not until the game awards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm hoping on some info on Helldivers 2

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
How much of a PlayStation event is typically preannounced games

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MaxKriegerVG/status/1702025383455973432?t=7DKkzEYQZ5u8sEZtkIkCEg&s=19

Steve Yun posted:

The linked blog post says this one is mostly previously announced games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Steve Yun posted:

99% plus it's 100% stuff no one cares about.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Kerrzhe posted:

almost certainly not until the game awards

If it's releasing by the end of March next year, December is probably too late for an announcement. I guess Capcom's big unannounced title for the current fiscal year could be DMC6, or a new/revived IP that they have unrealistically high expectations for, we'll see

https://twitter.com/6d6f636869/status/1684092527006355456

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's not at TGS, they've already announced their slate for it and the MH presence is MH Now

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

not surprising, like yeah no poo poo they dont know how to implement this impossible and potentially illegal thing, but is that dude legit? anonymous 1 post guy on the unity forums pretending to be an employee making people angrier would be a real good and easy troll right now

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Barry Convex posted:

If it's releasing by the end of March next year, December is probably too late for an announcement. I guess Capcom's big unannounced title for the current fiscal year could be DMC6, or a new/revived IP that they have unrealistically high expectations for, we'll see

I doubt it's anything DMC related with Itsuno on Dragon's Dogma 2.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Barry Convex posted:

i dont think a studio of 22 people is the one working on MHW2

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
its MMX9

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Long awaited 194X sequel

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1701791508285063587?t=1ASMetZ2AvhvMQvxb6onkw&s=19

Unity has lost the mandate of heaven

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Unity will not be invited to this year's Game Awards Show

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/unity/status/1702077049425596900?t=7MoBFdsP1siMAWWQV0EKtg&s=19

And now they blew their one chance to apologize with more "just trust us"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The Dorito Pope has formally excommunicated Unity, will gamerdom respond?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think "90% of the people that have installed unity are not making any money on it so won't have to pay us" isn't a particularly good argument lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

As soon as you make it big, you loving owe us baybee

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i made a new friend

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Kerrzhe posted:

i made a new friend

Spirit ash jellyfish really did make it to the stars

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Capcom’s unannounced game will be a new Marvel vs Capcom

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ace............attorney...............seven...........

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They said they expect it to sell millions not thousands

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have literally never seen Geoff Keighley disparage anyone in the game industry.

Even when the ABK workplace abuse lawsuit came down he was still posting about call of duty dlc and made a carefully hedging statement about supporting workers without actually bashing a company

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hes not dependent on sucking unitys cock for access the way he is activision. and even then he probably very carefully weighed it until he was sure no one would be mad at him for it

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Just gimme a little Viewtiful Joe port, as a treat

please Capcom I've already accepted that Godhand will never see the light of day again

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Looks like some Unity employees are beginning to resign in protest

https://twitter.com/jonoforbes/status/1702075391958204502?s=20

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Unity is pioneering a new genre of game called "real time implosion"

Trailblazers in the industry.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Steve Yun posted:

State Of Play stuff is usually that, release dates and new trailers for stuff announced previously. The PlayStation Showcase events are the real Nintendo Direct equivalents where new stuff gets shown.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

“It’s not perpetual: You only pay once for an install, not an ongoing perpetual license royalty like a revenue share model.”

That’s still perpetual if a game keeps selling, isn’t it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"This will not affect 90% of our userbase"

Every indie studio you've heard of is part of the 10%

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

hatty posted:

They said they expect it to sell millions not thousands

Fine. It’s Killer 8 finally

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rinkles posted:

“It’s not perpetual: You only pay once for an install, not an ongoing perpetual license royalty like a revenue share model.”

That’s still perpetual if a game keeps selling, isn’t it?
what I think they're getting at is, their communication was so bad that a lot of people thought it was 20 cents per install per month in perpetuity instead of once per install. but also their communication to clear up that confusion is also insanely bad + also they don't accurately describe how a revenue share works either

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/ckunzelman/status/1702126162472743115?s=20

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

homeless snail posted:

what I think they're getting at is, their communication was so bad that a lot of people thought it was 20 cents per install per month in perpetuity instead of once per install. but also their communication to clear up that confusion is also insanely bad + also they don't accurately describe how a revenue share works either

Yeah it looks like the final form of the policy is:

-if you have made more than $200K from your game
-and if more than 200K people have installed your game over its lifetime, according to unity
-then for each install over 200K, you owe unity $.20 once
-also the numbers are slightly different for higher contract tiers and “emerging markets”

But they have handled this so badly that even if they drop all the numbers back to zero game devs will keep telling each other not to use it and to bail if you can

haveblue fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 14, 2023

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

idk if that were really the case they wouldn't give a gently caress about extracting value from everyone else. they have the dod contract and are on a lot of slot machines but those don't pay their $4b bill to acquire that ad services company

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Luckily Deadly Stranding will probably not be affected

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

-and if more than 200K people have installed your game over its lifetime, according to unity
-also the numbers are slightly different for higher contract tiers and “emerging markets”

But they have handled this so badly that even if they drop all the numbers back to zero game devs will keep telling each other not to use it and to bail if you can
the crazy thing is, just ask people to accurately report their sales units instead of all this questionable tracking stuff that might or might not exist lmao. its b2b software you don't have to worry about it. epic doesn't crawl inside your bank account to make sure they're definitely getting their 5%. a lot fewer people would have a problem with it if it was just a normal per unit royalty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

haveblue posted:

i don't think any of this matters, the point is that they decide what you owe by consulting their proprietary black box algorithm that may or may not be a guy making poo poo the gently caress up. the entire benefit to unity is that they get to play "hollywood accounting" with zero oversight. as long as that's the deal, it should be a non starter no matter what it costs. hell, even if it saves you money.

e:fb