Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rodbeard posted:

My favorite movie by the Wachowskis

mine is The Matrix, highly recommended if you havent heard of it before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rodbeard posted:

My favorite movie by the Wachowskis

insane take but hell i respect it

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Bound rules

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Speaking of ruling, Fireworks also ruled.

Just a wonderfully melancholic film that's putting 110% effort into making every shot interesting.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Speed Racer is viewable on Max, Roku App, and Hulu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC0YAJR6xQQ

lol, love this clip

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
take ppl that havent posted itt in a month off the wheel imo

thanks for the epic sig el spider

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY9YNF5MMQo

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fucker posted:

i like this idea. want your pick back read nd post

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fucker posted:

how bout you calm down, fucker.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fucker posted:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i remember when this first came out i instantly decided i wouldn't watch it so this was my first time watching it.

i kinda like what they were going for with the general look and feel but some bits just felt really weird. the vivid colors were also really good and helped stylize the movie but a lot of the effects/transitions for the action sequences did not age well. the main actors are all pretty good (emil hirsch & matt shepard in particular) so there's that.

i'm not even sure how i'd score this movie, i'm at such a loss for how to interpret most of it lol.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 12, 2023

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I plan to rewatch speed racer later this week but it's 5/5, 10/10, perfect, masterpiece.

Pure cinema. Anytime I adjust my home theater setup I use that as an excuse to watch the final race again. It's incredible.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

There is a much better timeline where Speed Racer was the most influential movie of 2008 instead of Iron Man.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

speed racer owns. finally got a free night so i'll watch hana-bi too

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i'm going to watch speed racer on my phone >: )

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I got the tude now posted:

i'm going to watch speed racer on my phone >: )

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I watched it for the first time in February when I was spending some time at my Aunt's house and was bored out of my skull and the fact she had a 70 inch tv really enhanced the experience

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man, hana-bi. really fuckin good. sad, sweet, super funny in a really dark way. beat takeshi is a goat, absolutley incredible physical actor. i'm gettin a little bored of character studies of th cool guy movies but this one was a super good one. kind of loved how most of it was so achronological, fuckin loved the final shot. love the fakeouts too, l,ike the paining of suicide in the snow not meaning his wife dying but menaing the yakuza continuing to interfere in his life, the two bullets when he goes nd talks to the two cops and youre not 100% sure if its to kill himself or them. the art was super cool, loved horibes storyline nd how melancholy it all was. really fuckin good pick

★★★★

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

all that said if th next person picks a japanese movie i'll personally perform hokuto no ken moves on them

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

all that said if th next person picks a japanese movie i'll personally perform hokuto no ken moves on them

uh >.>

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lana and lilly wachowski are american. case closed.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Fungah! posted:

But Female Prisoner Scorpion is one of my favorite movies...

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Do it that one rules

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My next pick won't be Japanese, it'll be Cantonese

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

wish granted, Godzilla 1998

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MacheteZombie posted:

My next pick won't be Japanese, it'll be Cantonese

Lotta good Korean movies being overlooked by y'all.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

Mekchu posted:

Lotta good Korean movies being overlooked by y'all.

then I think you'll like my pick

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
oh my focking god nooooo

:sss:da peace thread:coolslime:
optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ddinkins posted:

then I think you'll like my pick

:ohdear:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

alright, whatever

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this is all started with house, something to consider

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yep, House rules

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Roth posted:

Yep, House rules

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Roth posted:

Yep, House rules

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Roth posted:

Yep, House rules

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

speed racer absolutely fuckin rocks lol. it should be a huge blobby cgi nightmare but its got actual art direction, its got good actng, and no one ever fuckin winks at the camera about how silly it is. crazy fuckin fun, last race is hype as hell, just a blast. only reason i'm knockin off half a star is that some of th cgi hasnt aged as well as it couldve but hell, its a 15 year old movie thats 90% computers and it still mostly looks sick. go speed racer go!!

★★★½

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So many awesome lines.

You don't climb into a T-180 to be a driver. You do it because you're driven.

But no matter how well you drive, you won't win, you won't place. I guarantee you right now that you won't even finish the race!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

still remember "more like non-jas" after john goodman just tosses them out the window. hype as hell for this one lol