Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Large Testicles posted:

emfive, it's your wife who's in the doll business right? has she heard about this and what's her response?

https://twitter.com/blamsamran/status/1701647321153278310

the JBJD scene is pretty much the Gamma Quadrant compared to the world my wife inhabits, though back in the day one of my kids bought a couple. It's very very weird, I mean to me at least, and I am surrounded by dolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:rip: New England

https://twitter.com/mikebettes/status/1701899523944010009

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

An Apple A Gay posted:

well you're a vip to me :)

very italian poster

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
my wife sells dolls primarily to old ladies with money they don't know what else to do with (like give it to their kids for example, the kids probably suck).

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014

lol

In the “dining room,” a 98-inch TV went up on the wall and a leather recliner landed in front of it. Romney, who didn’t have many real friends in Washington, ate dinner alone there most nights, watching Ted Lasso or Better Call Saul as he leafed through briefing materials. On the day of my first visit, he showed me his freezer, which was full of salmon fillets that had been given to him by Lisa Murkowski, the senator from Alaska. He didn’t especially like salmon but found that if he put it on a hamburger bun and smothered it in ketchup, it made for a serviceable meal.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

wire armed dolls are much more posable. emwife knows the deal

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

earth.nullschool.net is one of the trippier sites to stare at, there's an options thing in the lower left corner where you can change the altitude it shows you so you can see the difference between surface winds and winds up at like 50,000 feet, it really is extremely cool

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

emfive posted:

They can have K-9 units but they have to be Yorkshire Terriers

with excellent coiffures

Or just all basset hounds so they can still do all the cool smell related jobs and not look like a drat Nazi war dog.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

drowningidiot posted:

lol

In the “dining room,” a 98-inch TV went up on the wall and a leather recliner landed in front of it. Romney, who didn’t have many real friends in Washington, ate dinner alone there most nights, watching Ted Lasso or Better Call Saul as he leafed through briefing materials. On the day of my first visit, he showed me his freezer, which was full of salmon fillets that had been given to him by Lisa Murkowski, the senator from Alaska. He didn’t especially like salmon but found that if he put it on a hamburger bun and smothered it in ketchup, it made for a serviceable meal.

Psycho

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Romney is unhinged

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

RealityWarCriminal posted:

wire armed dolls are much more posable. emwife knows the deal

yes the current batch of Halloween cat dolls are poseable. The carved wooden "Hittie" (no not Hitler) dolls she makes are jointed with tiny wooden dowels. The cloth "Izanah" dolls are generally not poseable, they're just cloth blobs (like the original 19th century ones).

e: yes I should have pics soon, but I don't think I'll replace the weird "Midsommar" dolls in the sig for a while

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
When's trup going to jail?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

drowningidiot posted:

lol

out of all the loving things you could do with salmon, that's your serviceable meal??

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Large Testicles posted:

out of all the loving things you could do with salmon, that's your serviceable meal??

there is no possible way Mitt Romney knows Thing #1 about cooking food

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I bet if you let cops use K9s only if they force the sheriff and top brass to have a few let loose on them every year without the pillow suit, they'd probably support banning it.

the use of dogs as weapons ought to be banned, full stop.

HOWEVER

they can smell some crazy poo poo. also a herding dog can be trained to herd humans without hurting them, I'm just saying

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

When's trup going to jail?

2 weeks!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

emfive posted:

earth.nullschool.net is one of the trippier sites to stare at, there's an options thing in the lower left corner where you can change the altitude it shows you so you can see the difference between surface winds and winds up at like 50,000 feet, it really is extremely cool

quoting this so I can find it later

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Large Testicles posted:

salmon fillet sandwiches are even things that exist, you can just do that, some arugula or spinach, maybe an fine sliced onion, shmear of tartar sauce, this is a solved problem

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

take a salmon fillet, even frozen, and poach it in lightly salted water very slowly until the temp reads about 130 F, then flake it and make a pasta dish with olive oil, lemon, the salmon, and some fresh basil and parsley and white pepper

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

doberman pincher will gently caress you up

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

emfive posted:

take a salmon fillet, even frozen, and poach it in lightly salted water very slowly until the temp reads about 130 F, then flake it and make a pasta dish with olive oil, lemon, the salmon, and some fresh basil and parsley and white pepper

I prefer the dishwasher method

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

i'm glad i live less like a 27 year old guy than Mitt Romney does

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

emfive posted:

They can have K-9 units but they have to be Yorkshire Terriers

with excellent coiffures

Yorkshire Terrorists

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

mdemone posted:

the use of dogs as weapons ought to be banned, full stop.

HOWEVER

they can smell some crazy poo poo. also a herding dog can be trained to herd humans without hurting them, I'm just saying

what's funny is that cats also have insanely sensitive olfactory organs but like good luck getting them to cooperate with anything like being a cop

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Romney quit ????

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/russellgold/status/1701966951881347074

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/status/1701981565469839463

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wow that’s not great

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1702084092953596127

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

hello spaced god hope you and your therapist and getting along well

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

titty_baby_ posted:

I prefer the dishwasher method

ok you can't come over, just buddykins

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

I've posted this before but if you chug a beer or do a shot and you feel your stomach curdle and are about to throw up

just smile really hard grit your teeth and grin your facial muscles prevent your stomach muscles from booting

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

problem with salmon is it tastes like salmon

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

emfive posted:

the JBJD scene is pretty much the Gamma Quadrant compared to the world my wife inhabits, though back in the day one of my kids bought a couple. It's very very weird, I mean to me at least, and I am surrounded by dolls.

I appreciate this deep space nine reference.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

mdemone posted:

quoting this so I can find it later

when you're fiddling with altitude setting, I think it's in "millibars", so smaller numbers mean higher altitude. If you look now at the 500 hPa level, you can see high-level winds west-to-east across the southern US, and that's what's pushing Lee towards the north.

Also when you're looking at the UI and choosing an altitude, you have to say "millibars" in your head in an Australian accent, it makes it way more fun.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

An Apple A Gay posted:

I've posted this before but if you chug a beer or do a shot and you feel your stomach curdle and are about to throw up

just smile really hard grit your teeth and grin your facial muscles prevent your stomach muscles from booting

b u r p

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

We walked down to the ice cream stand and got some cones for dessert. My wife got a raspberry fudge cone and got some on her face. I told her she looked like Schnorkles without thinking and had to explain the story of the airplane that eats dog turds. Very unfortunate

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
well this just hit:

A federal judge again declares that DACA is illegal. Issue likely to be decided by US Supreme Court

HOUSTON (AP) - A federal judge on Wednesday declared illegal a revised version of a federal policy that prevents the deportation of hundreds of thousands of immigrants brought to the U.S. as children.
U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen agreed with Texas and eight other states suing to stop the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, program. The judge’s ruling was ultimately expected to be appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court, sending the program’s fate before the high court for a third time.
Hanen barred the government from approving any new applications, but left the program intact for existing recipients during the expected appeals process. Hanen said his order does not require the federal government to take any actions against DACA recipients.
The states have argued the Obama administration didn’t have the authority to first create the program in 2012 because it circumvented Congress.
In 2021, Hanen had declared the program illegal, ruling it had not been subject to public notice and comment periods required under the federal Administrative Procedures Act.
The Biden administration tried to satisfy Hanen’s concerns with a new version of DACA that took effect in October 2022 and was subject to public comments as part of a formal rule-making process.
But Hanen, who was appointed by then-President George W. Bush in 2002, ruled the updated version of DACA was still illegal. He had previously said DACA was unconstitutional and it would be up to Congress to enact legislation shielding people under the program, often known as “Dreamers.”
Hanen also had previously ruled the states had standing to file their lawsuit because they had been harmed by the program.
The states have claimed they incur hundreds of millions of dollars in health care, education and other costs when immigrants are allowed to remain in the country illegally. The states that sued are Texas, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, South Carolina, West Virginia, Kansas and Mississippi.
Those defending the program - the federal government, the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund and the state of New Jersey - had argued the states failed to present evidence that any of the costs they allege they have incurred have been tied to DACA recipients. They also argued Congress has given the Department of Homeland Security the legal authority to set immigration enforcement policies.
Despite previously declaring the DACA program illegal, Hanen had left the Obama-era program intact for those already benefiting from it. But he had ruled there could be no new applicants while appeals were pending.
There were 578,680 people enrolled in DACA at the end of March, according to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
The program has faced a roller coaster of court challenges over the years.
In 2016, the Supreme Court deadlocked 4-4 over an expanded DACA and a version of the program for parents of DACA recipients. In 2020, the high court ruled 5-4 that the Trump administration improperly ended DACA, allowing it to stay in place.
In 2022, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans upheld Hanen’s earlier ruling declaring DACA illegal, but sent the case back to him to review changes made to the program by the Biden administration.
President Joe Biden and advocacy groups have called on Congress to pass permanent protections for “ dreamers.” Congress has failed multiple times to pass proposals called the DREAM Act to protect DACA recipients.
(Copyright 2023 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

An Apple A Gay posted:

The "Aphex Twin" method

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

euphronius posted:

Romney quit ????

he's not running for reelection

Governor probably...? but also he's burning everyone down