Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

i hope the writer and anyone who found this funny inexplicably dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
tmirt

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Good Citizen posted:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

People blame the internet for rising population of right wing extremest.
It was always there on tv hiding.
The internet just sped up the it's decay, and it's like a corned mouse going for broke, with nukes.

On TV there were people people promoting their podcast about having cancer.
Not a single word about universal healthcare, or putting money into education to get rid of cancer completely.

Just be an entrepreneur and start a podcast.

Hopefully when the old people are asking goggle "who is this person"
the first thing that pop ups is all his crazy rants.

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 00:25 on Sep 14, 2023

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Impkins Patootie posted:

smoking in bed listening to Portishead

F a d e I n t o Y ou

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Steven King gonna have a book about an evil storm out 18 months from now.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
turdpoop

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Good Citizen posted:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there was tons of rw media before the internet

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1702100606033256780

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

there was tons of rw media before the internet

yeah, but you had to kinda seek it out, it didn't just randomly show up in your normal day to day life

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

s e s h

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Plinkey posted:

yeah, but you had to kinda seek it out, it didn't just randomly show up in your normal day to day life

no

I mean Reagan was president for 8 years and was like channeling the kkk

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

no

I guess I was thinking more of whacko RW stuff like Bill Cooper

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

drowningidiot posted:

lol

In the “dining room,” a 98-inch TV went up on the wall and a leather recliner landed in front of it. Romney, who didn’t have many real friends in Washington, ate dinner alone there most nights, watching Ted Lasso or Better Call Saul as he leafed through briefing materials. On the day of my first visit, he showed me his freezer, which was full of salmon fillets that had been given to him by Lisa Murkowski, the senator from Alaska. He didn’t especially like salmon but found that if he put it on a hamburger bun and smothered it in ketchup, it made for a serviceable meal.

this is the most pathetic I’ve read since printer goon

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

euphronius posted:

no

I can't find it but there was an episode of the show, 'legends of the hidden temple' where they asked a question about the crusades, and the answer was something like they were the good guys. or something.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

depravity

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2023/11/mitt-romney-retiring-senate-trump-mcconnell/675306/

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Zeroisanumber posted:

Steven King gonna have a book about an evil storm out 18 months from now.

already published a long time ago

check his stats

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Can I get a weed wackos gangtag?

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

People blame the internet for rising population of right wing extremest.
It was always there on tv hiding.
The internet just sped up the it's decay, and it's like a corned mouse going for broke, with nukes.

On TV there were people people promoting their podcast about having cancer.
Not a single word about universal healthcare, or putting money into education to get rid of cancer completely.

Just be an entrepreneur and start a podcast.

Hopefully when the old people are asking goggle "who is this person"
the first thing that pop ups is all his crazy rants.

it’s a different Matt Walsh lol

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0909768/

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Why are they still on about this. Weed has like an 80% approval rate. It's a settled issue, no one gives a poo poo

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

:discourse:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Let me recast the issue : what media in the 1980s do you think was left wing

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

this is literally the most unsurprising thing I've ever read to the point where it's possible I could be convinced I wrote it from a fever dream

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

1. Ursula le gwin novels
2. Cinema reviews
3. ????

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

micro machines

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Justin Tyme posted:

Why are they still on about this. Weed has like an 80% approval rate. It's a settled issue, no one gives a poo poo

You might be shocked to learn what channel the 20% watches

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Get married and post through it. Every single detail

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Oh buddy! Just hug your small titted girlfriend and don't think about it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nonsense posted:

micro machines

ok fair enough

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
it's especially infuriating because the timeline here is:

- government previews new 'Trans Guidance for Schools' to 'provide clarity' and it's really bad - forced outing to parents if a child expresses the merest hint of gender uncertainty, a provision that even if kid, parents, and teacher are in full agreement the school admin can still mandate use of birth name and pronouns 'for mental health of other students' (???)
- government's lawyers say holy poo poo your Trans Guidance for Schools violates several human rights and anti-discrimination laws and will get thrown out by the courts instantly, you can't introduce this
- government hits pause but makes a bunch of noises about how they're still raring to introduce their Trans Guidance for Schools asap
- bbc publishes article that interviews two (2) parents - one is this person, the other the supportive parent of a trans kid who says their son was let down by the school and guidance on how to be supportive would have been really helpful
- article is published with title 'Parents Urge Government to Introduce Trans Guidance for Schools'

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

I don’t think the tump thread can help you with TD

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Apraxin posted:

it's especially infuriating because the timeline here is:

- government previews new 'Trans Guidance for Schools' to 'provide clarity' and it's really bad - forced outing to parents if a child expresses the merest hint of gender uncertainty, a provision that even if kid, parents, and teacher are in full agreement the school admin can still mandate use of birth name and pronouns 'for mental health of other students' (???)
- government's lawyers say holy poo poo your Trans Guidance for Schools violates several human rights and anti-discrimination laws and will get thrown out by the courts instantly, you can't introduce this
- government hits pause but makes a bunch of noises about how they're still raring to introduce their Trans Guidance for Schools asap
- bbc publishes article that interviews two (2) parents - one is this person, the other the supportive parent of a trans kid who says their son was let down by the school and guidance on how to be supportive would have been really helpful
- article is published with title 'Parents Urge Government to Introduce Trans Guidance for Schools'

british vile?

big if true

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We walked down to the ice cream stand and got some cones for dessert. My wife got a raspberry fudge cone and got some on her face. I told her she looked like Schnorkles without thinking and had to explain the story of the airplane that eats dog turds. Very unfortunate

lmao

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

Let me recast the issue : what media in the 1980s do you think was left wing

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

drowningidiot posted:

lol

In the “dining room,” a 98-inch TV went up on the wall and a leather recliner landed in front of it. Romney, who didn’t have many real friends in Washington, ate dinner alone there most nights, watching Ted Lasso or Better Call Saul as he leafed through briefing materials. On the day of my first visit, he showed me his freezer, which was full of salmon fillets that had been given to him by Lisa Murkowski, the senator from Alaska. He didn’t especially like salmon but found that if he put it on a hamburger bun and smothered it in ketchup, it made for a serviceable meal.

good lord.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

emfive posted:

take a salmon fillet, even frozen, and poach it in lightly salted water very slowly until the temp reads about 130 F, then flake it and make a pasta dish with olive oil, lemon, the salmon, and some fresh basil and parsley and white pepper

emfive for president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

salmon is hideous and tastes like kissing Ursula