Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I don't like that trade for you. I'd rather have WIlson than Watson, and Gainwell than Dillon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I don't like that trade for you. I'd rather have WIlson than Watson, and Gainwell than Dillon.

I agree with this. I don't like it at all. Even with ZW at QB.

Time will tell.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

mcmagic posted:

lol congrats to everyone who put up huge FAAB bids for Gainwell.

I only spent 10% and I don’t cruise waivers super hard usually but lol yeah, serves me right for not really paying attention to his status

Also I’m already sick of people spamming trades at me for my top 2 receivers. You’re not getting Hill or Brown from me leave me alone

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Cowboys defense already getting 16 points from Yahoo against NYJ lol.

Yahoo has such silly projections, but I could see it.

As far as survivor goes I'm thinking Giants over Cardinals this week. Save those good teams you know.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Agreed. Dillon is nothing but a low tier handcuff so it’s Watson for Wilson and that’s tough to swallow given we haven’t seen Watson play yet.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

My opponent this week and I were talking a little poo poo to each other, because i'm #1 and he's number #2, and he shutup as soon I mentioned Cowboys going against Zach Wilson. I haven't heard from him since.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Green Gloves posted:

My Roster:
QB: Herbert
RB: McCaffrey, Kenneth Walker, Jamaal Williams, Roschon Johnson, Gainwell
WR: G. Wilson, K. Allen, DHopkins, Pickens, Smith Njigba, Zay Flowers

Counter trade made by trade partner

Christian Watson and AJ Dillon for Garrett Wilson and Kenneth Gainwell.

Accept?

Definitely not, and I have to imagine that anyone suggesting to take the trade is reversing who is receiving who or something. In almost every scenario trading a top tier player for X number of mid tier players is a bad move. What do you even get from the trade? Dillon is not making your starting lineup.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 13, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

RCarr posted:

Put in your waiver claims before Yahoo changes your injured players designation from Out to Questionable

Magic?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
With yahoo you can drop people that have already played as long as they were on your bench, so you can make a speculative pick for the 10am game, then drop them for another speculative pick for the afternoon game, and keep doing that to cycle through gambles.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hell yeah just saw I got Allgier and I bid 36 dollars on him on a 100 budget and beat out someone who bid 35

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pain of Mind posted:

With yahoo you can drop people that have already played as long as they were on your bench, so you can make a speculative pick for the 10am game, then drop them for another speculative pick for the afternoon game, and keep doing that to cycle through gambles.

Sleeper has this capability too, if chosen in the settings.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1701957636130844945

Cross posting this from the NFL thread because don't drop Drake London. This is HIS GAME

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I don't care what London's game is, if he only gets one target you can't start him.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I hope he has a great game Sunday so I can trade him next week.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How many teams are worried about their hot second year receiver after one game lol it's everywhere. Jets fans think Garrett is dead because of his QB. Atlanta fans think they will do nothing but run all year. Steelers fans think ticking time bomb George Pickens is going to be the next guy to tweet his way out of Pittsburgh. Chiefs fans think Skyy Moore suddenly can't catch like Kadarius Toney while both guys caught touchdowns in the Super Bowl. Christian Watson will never get healthy. Dotson won't get targets thanks to Hopkins.

Give it more than one game

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

kiimo posted:

How many teams are worried about their hot second year receiver after one game lol it's everywhere. Jets fans think Garrett is dead because of his QB. Atlanta fans think they will do nothing but run all year. Steelers fans think ticking time bomb George Pickens is going to be the next guy to tweet his way out of Pittsburgh. Chiefs fans think Skyy Moore suddenly can't catch like Kadarius Toney while both guys caught touchdowns in the Super Bowl. Christian Watson will never get healthy. Dotson won't get targets thanks to Hopkins.

Give it more than one game

We have a pretty good sample size showing that Skyy Moore is worthless in both fantasy and real life, and Atlanta's offensive philosophy is deeply concerning if you own Pitts or London.

You have fair points on the others though. Selling them now would be foolish.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean, I don't own any shares of Skyy Moore but catching the ball is what he's good at. That and immediately getting open at the line of scrimmage. He'll get catches in a full PPR. Bailing on him now makes little sense.

Atlanta had a bad offensive philosophy last season I don't see why it should be any different. Eventually they will get him the ball.

Nov 6, 2002

Sky Moore sucks.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The most raheem_mostert.txt sequence of blurbs possible

supposedly its just a “veteran rest day” but still lol

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I always lol at the “Kadarius caught a TD in the Super Bowl!” argument.

He’s fast and makes incredible cuts, I’ll give him that, but like he caught the easiest wide open lob of a TD pass with zero Eagles within 8 yards of him and people act like he wrestled it straight out of Slay’s hands in this grand act of athleticism.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whoreson Welles posted:

I always lol at the “Kadarius caught a TD in the Super Bowl!” argument.

He’s fast and makes incredible cuts, I’ll give him that, but like he caught the easiest wide open lob of a TD pass with zero Eagles within 8 yards of him and people act like he wrestled it straight out of Slay’s hands in this grand act of athleticism.

Counterpoint the punt return

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

kiimo posted:

Counterpoint the punt return

Oh he’s great at that poo poo. I had him on my team for a week when I first saw him on the Giants. I’m just not unconvinced he gets hurt so much because he jukes himself out of his own ankles.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

Pain of Mind posted:

Definitely not, and I have to imagine that anyone suggesting to take the trade is reversing who is receiving who or something. In almost every scenario trading a top tier player for X number of mid tier players is a bad move. What do you even get from the trade? Dillon is not making your starting lineup.

My feelings on this trade is that I am pretty high on Watson and I am a lot more confident in Jordan Love than ZW over a course of the season. Its a drop in a hat as we havent seen Watson yet but his value is probably as cheap as it can be atm. Also feel like the Jets have a really tough schedule this year with a lot of good teama.

Its true I am not getting much out of Dillon as hes pretty much a shoe in on the trade.

Losing Gainwell could be hard but hes never taken a featured role before either whereas Dillon could be huge if Jones were to go down which has happened before.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whoreson Welles posted:

Oh he’s great at that poo poo. I had him on my team for a week when I first saw him on the Giants. I’m just not unconvinced he gets hurt so much because he jukes himself out of his own ankles.

This summer Chiefs fans were talking about him being a #1 WR and lol he's a weapon for the occasions he hasn't cut so hard he ripped his muscle away from his shin or whatever.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
The TD caught by Garett Wilson was actually thrown at the defender. That’s legit cause for concern.

I’m considering starting Montgomery over him.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Whoreson Welles posted:

I heard someone say Toney is so elusive and injury prone because even he doesn’t know where the gently caress he’s going, his body just does poo poo without input from his brain. And it checks out imo.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Hot take but Kadarius is a good buy low, he was the only KC player getting any separation and his historically high drop % couldnt possibly get any higher....right?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kadarius Toney is loving terrible

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
This is my lineup going into tomorrow, anything you'd change?

QB: Jalen Hurts
RB 1: Rhamondre Stevenson
RB 2: Alexander Mattison
WR 1: Tyreek Hill
WR 2: CeeDee Lamb
TE: Dallas Goedert
FLEX: Amari Cooper
D/ST: Dallas Cowboys

Then i've got Drake London, Brandon Aiyuk, Daniel Jones, Zach Charbonnet and Tyler Allgeier on my bench.

I feel like it's a good roster, but I'm playing against Justin Jefferson, Tony Pollard and A.J. Brown. My opponent has a sick lineup and I need to edge them out somehow.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'd flex Aiyuk or Allgeier over Cooper since they're hot hands.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I have Mattison everywhere and am pretty nervous about how he’s going to fare vs Eagles D.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Vegas implied score for the Jets is already down to 14, was 15 yesterday.

2nd lowest is the Cards at 17.25 points, lmao

Nov 6, 2002

RCarr posted:

Kadarius Toney is loving terrible

Seriously. What the hell in his history is it that makes people think he is a. going to stay healthy, and b. going to play competent football more often than once a month.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Seriously. What the hell in his history is it that makes people think he is a. going to stay healthy, and b. going to play competent football more often than once a month.

He put up 40 points in a game once. That's literally it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I mock and study and trend pretty much full time once mock auctions open up in May. I carefully chart the market in my BML to surf the waves of bearishness and bullishness to craft the optimal team.

But I also bid $7 on a QB because it was the max bid for the guy who superfans that team. I also bid $3 on a defense because my best friend kept nominating them for $1 and I said "that strategy is so stupid. Watch, I'll jump bid to $3 for no loving reason and my team will turn out the exact same way."

I had the highest score in the 14 team league week 1:
My carefully curated starters: 55 points
My spite bidding $10 total Tua and Dallas defense: 70 points

What am I even doing? Why do I even try?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Docjowles posted:

I have Mattison everywhere and am pretty nervous about how he’s going to fare vs Eagles D.

I’m flexing Allgeier over Mattison this week. Vikings C is out, Mattison is going to have a tough time punching it through the middle.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Drunk Nerds posted:

I mock and study and trend pretty much full time once mock auctions open up in May. I carefully chart the market in my BML to surf the waves of bearishness and bullishness to craft the optimal team.

But I also bid $7 on a QB because it was the max bid for the guy who superfans that team. I also bid $3 on a defense because my best friend kept nominating them for $1 and I said "that strategy is so stupid. Watch, I'll jump bid to $3 for no loving reason and my team will turn out the exact same way."

I had the highest score in the 14 team league week 1:
My carefully curated starters: 55 points
My spite bidding $10 total Tua and Dallas defense: 70 points

What am I even doing? Why do I even try?

I used to run a March madness pool at my old job and the winner our first year picked based on team colors. Nothing matters, gently caress it dude let's go bowling.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea at the end of the day we need to accept fantasy football is like 80% luck

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

RCarr posted:

Yea at the end of the day we need to accept fantasy football is like 80% luck

It really is. I won it all in 2020 in a league I barely managed because none of my starters got hurt or COVID. And in my league that I actually cared about, I missed the playoffs while actively managing my roster.

Just a bunch of bullshit luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
To be fair, I was getting Dallas no matter what because Sataere sold me on them hard over 20+ hours of streaming.

But Tua was just because I was mad the top 8 guys all went for $24 plus so I just wanted to wrecking ball the other 5 managers.