Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Scherzer unlikely to pitch again in 2023

:lmao: Rangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Niwrad posted:

Saw this too. The CEO or whatever of the scummy company pretending that they came up with all these identical ideas on their own was bad too. I think they've even been trying to trademark some of the designs.

T-shirt bros are a pretty awful online culture, IMO.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Way he’s been throwing it’s probably gonna help down the stretch

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Shinjobi posted:

still can't believe the rangers and astros bailed the mets out so hard on those two jabronis

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

like the rangers really gave up luisangel acuna for nothing hahaha

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Tatsuta Age posted:

still can't believe the rangers and astros bailed the mets out so hard on those two jabronis

Two *expensive* jabronis!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The Rangers’ history of big name/money pitching acquisitions is… spotty, at best.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Tatsuta Age posted:

like the rangers really gave up luisangel acuna for nothing hahaha

hey now no way scherzer opts out of 2024 :v:

rickiep00h posted:

Two *expensive* jabronis!

as far as money goes the mets are covering most of the expense. cohen smartly using his resources to buy prospects

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

Julioooooooooo

Edit: not the GDT

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Intruder posted:

hey now no way scherzer opts out of 2024 :v:

He waived it when they traded him there!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Doctor Skeleton posted:

Julioooooooooo

Edit: not the GDT

N: Juliooooo
V: oooooooo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It’s Scherzer’s teres muscle, which is the same thing that got JV in the spring. It’s also the only two times in my life I’ve heard about this muscle

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

tadashi posted:

T-shirt bros are a pretty awful online culture, IMO.

Yeah, the t-shirt guy stealing ideas is terrible, but the other people complaining are also just selling the likeness of athletes without compensating them for it. PCA isn't getting a dime for those shirts. They're all playing the same game.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

zoux posted:

It’s Scherzer’s teres muscle, which is the same thing that got JV in the spring. It’s also the only two times in my life I’ve heard about this muscle

Specifically it's the teres MAJOR, which pulls the humorus backward and downward and helps stabilize the shoulder joint. I only mention this because the teres minor is part of the rotator cuff and can be involved in a rotator cuff tear, which this isn't.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

rickiep00h posted:

Specifically it's the teres MAJOR, which pulls the humorus backward and downward and helps stabilize the shoulder joint. I only mention this because the teres minor is part of the rotator cuff and can be involved in a rotator cuff tear, which this isn't.

You’re right, this is humorous :dadjoke:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
The NL East is over.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

It's not like Atlanta didn't give everybody a chance this year with its pitching.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

RC and Moon Pie posted:

It's not like Atlanta didn't give everybody a chance this year with its pitching.

they're in a three way tie for sixth in baseball in team ERA

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Excited for them to lose to the uh Marlins in the DS

Also Astros about to combined no hit the As so get ready for That Discourse

zoux fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 14, 2023

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

zoux posted:

Excited for them to lose to the uh Marlins in the DS

Also Astros about to combined no hit the As so get ready for That Discourse

Doesn't count if it's vs the A's, we've been over this.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

thats the that discourse (also do combined no-hitters count? well kinda, but not as cool as a CG one)

waffy
Oct 31, 2010
The Orioles should probably think long and hard about whether they actually want to hold the Rays off, and also maybe not go 1-18 with RISP in the last 2 games against bad pitchers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the odds of the rangers and mariners just tearing each other apart has gone up thanks to the sweep, that's good I guess

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

calling it, this is the beach ball collapse of 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

there was some gif someone made a couple years ago where the red sox (I think) were DJing and when they beat the... yankees? can't remember which team, but it pans out the window to three people partying and it was the blue jays, m's and rays

anyone still have that?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Walked posted:

calling it, this is the beach ball collapse of 2023

You cannot fool the baseball gods with these tricks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/Twins/status/1702100300352377297

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
My God. The jays just do not have it this year.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm sure there's a million reasons to pick on his tactics, or something, but Brian Snitker is such a sweet guy every time the Braves clinch a division, I just feel so happy for all the dudes on that team.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Intruder posted:

the odds of the rangers and mariners just tearing each other apart has gone up thanks to the sweep, that's good I guess

I bought a postseason ticket strip so the best case is I get to go to multiple world series games and the worst case is I get refunded $REDACTED

GOMS

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Niwrad posted:

Yeah, the t-shirt guy stealing ideas is terrible, but the other people complaining are also just selling the likeness of athletes without compensating them for it. PCA isn't getting a dime for those shirts. They're all playing the same game.

I looked into the idea of getting into the generic t-shirt selling game at one point and it was clear half the internet had beat me to the market and the forums for discussing strategies and whatnot made FYAD posters in their heyday look like beacons of humanity.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
jays are bad

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

AlbertFlasher posted:

jays are bad

Oh, it's about to get better. After Texas completes their sweep tomorrow, the Jays have their final 15 games against AL East opponents. So far the Jays are 12-25 (.324) against the AL East. There's a small, but very real possibility that the Jays will lose 19 games in a row to end the season and finish just below .500. I would not put it past them.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Oh, it's about to get better. After Texas completes their sweep tomorrow, the Jays have their final 15 games against AL East opponents. So far the Jays are 12-25 (.324) against the AL East. There's a small, but very real possibility that the Jays will lose 19 games in a row to end the season and finish just below .500. I would not put it past them.

I dunno, part of that is against the Yankees...

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Love the gloom and doom for the AL West/Wild Card teams. It’s gonna be a fun two weeks :justpost:

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

tadashi posted:

I'm sure there's a million reasons to pick on his tactics, or something, but Brian Snitker is such a sweet guy every time the Braves clinch a division, I just feel so happy for all the dudes on that team.

There’s a contingent of Braves fans who just absolutely despise Snitker and think literally anyone else could manage them better, and I just don’t understand it at all. His teams have done nothing but win, his players clearly love him and play hard for him day in and day out, and there’s never been even a whisper of clubhouse drama — but I’m supposed to hate him because he hits Sean Murphy seventh instead of sixth or puts in a reliever who didn’t have it that day?

To me, the guy is clearly the second-best manager in franchise history.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

AlbertFlasher posted:

jays are bad

bad and boring most importantly

thank god the nfl season started so i don't have to watch those useless fucks anymore

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Popete fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 14, 2023

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Bregor posted:

Love the gloom and doom for the AL West/Wild Card teams. It’s gonna be a fun two weeks :justpost:

it's excruciating even being self-aware about it. drat the human mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Bregor posted:

It'll be a pleasure to post!