Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Here's a smattering of idiots I found while perusing one of my favorite Twitter accounts:

https://twitter.com/Liv_Boeree/status/1698783890524000688#m

https://twitter.com/mattxiv/status/1701278995914846222#m

https://twitter.com/mattxiv/status/1701645713329824109#m

https://twitter.com/mattxiv/status/1701649927103770828#m

https://twitter.com/mattxiv/status/1701807751913951445#m

Cleretic posted:

Rocket: Robot on Wheels was the poo poo

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Runcible Cat posted:

I laughed my arse off at the end of 300, when it's very explicitly shown that it's a historical story being told to pump the guys up for a big important battle so how much truth there actually is in it is ahem subject to debate. But yeah, trust chuds to miss anything less subtle than a halfbrick to the head.

It needs a smash cut to everyone dead.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Oh dear God, a 15 year old boy wants to hang out with his girlfriend on his birthday instead of with his mom.
https://twitter.com/ask_aubry/status/1701960034932904210?t=YY60kzVXqDB5xgURvIjqjg&s=19

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"Boy mom" and "girl dad" are two phrases that just make me wrinkle my nose up, like some Pavlovian-ish disgust.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Air Skwirl posted:

Oh dear God, a 15 year old boy wants to hang out with his girlfriend on his birthday instead of with his mom.
https://twitter.com/ask_aubry/status/1701960034932904210?t=YY60kzVXqDB5xgURvIjqjg&s=19
There's a whole megathread in gbs about narcissistic parents and a forum where they congregate to complain about their thankless children and they all seem to write with the same cadence, the same phrasings, the same deflection of blame, the same vagueness when circumstances could reflect badly on them, into stories that make no sense to normal people. You can spot it a mile away. This is very likely a badly abusive parent as well.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Read After Burning posted:

"Boy mom" and "girl dad" are two phrases that just make me wrinkle my nose up, like some Pavlovian-ish disgust.

"Boy mom", "girl dad" and the kids, Eddie and Ellie? Sounds complex.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Imagine, a 9/11 every day for the next 33 years.

Imagine how much respect and not forgetting could be achieved.

Dolduck
Oct 15, 2021

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

OwlFancier posted:

Covid was killing more than a 9/11 every day in this country at one point and half the population just did not care.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Sounds like a nightmare, I'd never stop saluting.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Deformed Church posted:

I was amused that guy had the X "X" in his name so I clicked to see of he worked there or something and lmao.

What he thinks he looks like:

What he actually looks like:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Byzantine posted:

"Boy mom", "girl dad" and the kids, Eddie and Ellie? Sounds complex.

Getting some of these vibes
https://twitter.com/sewalkerAT/status/1281308834183733255?t=s2sRjMI8f7fHHkqD02o_yw&s=19

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dameius posted:

Sounds like a nightmare, I'd never stop saluting.

Does this mean you are not constantly saluting right now? Why do you hate America like that?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

kazil posted:

Does this mean you are not constantly saluting right now? Why do you hate America like that?

I just play the star spangled banner on repeat over my speakers. Cops have to salute and stand at attention while it's playing. It's the law.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Bogus Adventure posted:

What he thinks he looks like:

What he actually looks like:

PKMN Trainer Red has a new favorite as of 02:00 on Sep 14, 2023

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Read After Burning posted:

Yes. My wife says Boy mom is worse because it's always in the context of "boys are terrible to raise but I'm so tough and deserving of adulation because boy mom is the hardest kind of parenting ever" while girl dad is "please recognize and praise me for being engaged in parenting my daughter," but still is at least a bare minimum nod to a sea change in masculinity. I dunno, they both suck, parent your kids, you're not special because you made one.

I do a bunch of traditionally mom stuff with/for my daughter and every now and then someone points it out but wtf. Kids don't give a poo poo who does their laundry or paints their nails, why should anyone else?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Boy mom is to mamas boy as girl dad is to daddy’s girl. It’s simple facts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://www.twitter.com/RightWingCope/status/1702149543104553370?s=20

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

It's sterile, and I like the taste.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

emSparkly posted:

It's not actually sterile.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Air Skwirl posted:

It's not actually sterile.

Next you'll be saying that emSparkly doesn't like the taste either.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

emSparkly posted:

It's also gone now, what was it?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm a boy uncle and also a girl uncle, AMA.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

How’s it hanging

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Larryb posted:

Someone drinking their own own pee.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Larryb posted:

A tweet with a lady drinking her second mason jar of fresh piss

efb

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
lets give credit where credit is due. shes not drinkin that piss, shes neckin it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

There is an idea of a Rasik Kaiser.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

"Pff, what, your trauma is your entire existence being constantly invalidated for a lifetime? I saw something on TV when I was 11 that had zero effect on my life, how's that for trauma?"

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Cloacamazing! posted:

"Pff, what, your trauma is your entire existence being constantly invalidated for a lifetime? I saw something on TV when I was 11 that had zero effect on my life, how's that for trauma?"

Hell, statistically, there were absolutely trans people who witnessed (or hell, were killed on) 9/11.

Over a thousand people died in the biggest (or at the very least, most famous) city in the US, in an event that was broadcast all over the country, but I guess only the cis peoples' eyes worked that day?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
The trans people were also traumatized of course, but the good ones understood that witnessing 9/11 was the worst thing that could possibly happen to anybody on the planet, so they became cis. The bad ones didn't understand this and now want people to refer to them by their actual pronouns when there's 9/11 memories to be processed! The nerve!

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I feel like the Venn diagram of people who want to

'Bring Boris back'

and

'Abolish the Monarchy'

are two entirely seperate circles.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Tiggum posted:

Libraries are better now because the catalogues are online so you can find out if they have what you want without leaving your chair. Back in the 90s I was always finding book one of a series and nothing more or, it seemed even more frequently, random entries from the series but not the first one. Or just a whole lot of worthless poo poo that was impossible to sift through to find anything decent. Non-fiction is sorted by category, so you used to be able to find something on the topic you were interested in at least, but research is a million times easier and more convenient now that you can do it largely online.

But at least libraries are free, unlike video shops, so you only wasted your time and not your money by finally grabbing something at random because there's no possible way to actually find anything good.

Did yours not have computers with a digital card catalogue? I would just put a hold on the missing parts of a series. Usually they were on the book mobile so it was just a matter of waiting for them to pull it off and give me a call

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Len posted:

Did yours not have computers with a digital card catalogue? I would just put a hold on the missing parts of a series. Usually they were on the book mobile so it was just a matter of waiting for them to pull it off and give me a call

The missing books just weren't there. They weren't on loan or at a different branch, they didn't have them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Tiggum posted:

The missing books just weren't there. They weren't on loan or at a different branch, they didn't have them.

Gross, did you look into if they had a purchase request bin? I didn't find out until last year that my local library has one of those

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Deptfordx posted:

I feel like the Venn diagram of people who want to

'Bring Boris back'

and

'Abolish the Monarchy'

are two entirely seperate circles.

You're discounting the fact that once we abolish the monarchy, we'll need a new head of state, and who better than prime minister and all round lovable chap Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson?

That tiny section in the middle is populated by upstanding citizens like Stanley Johnson, Carrie Johnson, my insane great aunt, etc etc.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bold to assume that Carrie likes Boris.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Think how much designer wallpaper she could buy on a monarchy budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Len posted:

Gross, did you look into if they had a purchase request bin? I didn't find out until last year that my local library has one of those
I have no idea if they had such a thing or not.