Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

smug jeebus posted:

Berserkers should be WS 2+

This. Movement 7 or 8, too, or get a free reroll on Advance. If they are really 200% about running forward and chopping things, they should be faster and choppier, and not need a rhino that messes up their charge to get around.

And yeah, add me to the choir wanting bike zerkers, jetpack jerkers with radioactive weapons, and killy Terminators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They already get an extra 2" move when they need to with Advance and Charge when you roll hot plus an extra Blood Surge move whenever shot at

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Sephyr posted:

And yeah, add me to the choir wanting bike zerkers, jetpack jerkers with radioactive weapons, and killy Terminators.

And don't forget the zerk zerkers.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

World Eater obliterators would be on brand as gently caress

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
"Those other guys think they love their weapons so much. I'll BECOME my weapon, cut out the middleman in the glorious art of war!"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

S.J. posted:

World Eater obliterators would be on brand as gently caress

Newtilators

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Bloodtilators.

Or at least something involving the word Gore.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Space Marines are getting even bigger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk5i7oaJW-Q

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Just what we need, even more Space Marine statues.
Like the last ones weren't enough.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

I wonder how many stacks of books filled with rad Jes Godwin concepts begging to be made that GW is just sitting on somewhere.

???

Not only is every part of this design a recognizable piece from the 2002 Chaos Space Marines kit (except for the plasma gun), every single Chaos marine since second edition looks like this guy. This is just from before the World Eaters were fully flanderized into berserkers and nothing but berserkers.

Cooked Auto posted:

Bloodtilators.

Or at least something involving the word Gore.

Do not look at the Blades of Khorne unit list.

BOK are actually an interesting army, although not all parts of their gimmick would work in 40K (and their poo poo is all about 10% undercost atm). Demons trigger each other into attacking out of turn because they're all competing for favor, mortals are all a cult that inspire each other by fighting together or dying first, and they're led by bloodthirsters or else priests that may literally whip them into a frenzy. The whole army gets a bunch of out of phase or not-technically-magic abilities rather than just being a boring swarm.

A lot of this is the Thousand Sons gimmick, though. I just think they could have something other than running straight at the enemy and stuffing them in their deployment zone or losing.

Cooked Auto posted:

Just what we need, even more Space Marine statues.
Like the last ones weren't enough.

Joytoy is still pumping out the action figures, even

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

Do not look at the Blades of Khorne unit list.

Oh I'm well aware of those. :v:

Cease to Hope posted:

Joytoy is still pumping out the action figures, even

At least they've done some other factions.
Even if they're already running out of Primaris models to upscale that they've already announced they're doing 30k.

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

Thanks to whoever it was who mentioned removing the front armour from the primaris dreads gets rid of the pot belly look and makes them look more like the box dreads. I'm already preferring this look, personally.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Commissar Canuck posted:

Thanks to whoever it was who mentioned removing the front armour from the primaris dreads gets rid of the pot belly look and makes them look more like the box dreads. I'm already preferring this look, personally.

That was probably me; I'm always linking that one Migsula dreadnought whenever the topic comes up. If it was me, you're welcome.

Looks good.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I definitely wish World Eaters got some firepower. Make it firepower that makes your charges punchier, if that's how you want to do it, but it feels like Khorne would be all about hellish explosives, perma-overcharged plasma, and enough spent shell casings to actually make that whole Brass Citadel of his live up to its name.

Let me punch holes in a unit's armor save with that plasma, while a storm of brass stops targeted units from Overcharging my berserkers. Maybe even a way to take away Fights First or Counter-Offensive. You can totally have guns in a melee focused army without them ruining the fantasy of what makes World Eaters tick.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The Bee posted:

I definitely wish World Eaters got some firepower. Make it firepower that makes your charges punchier, if that's how you want to do it, but it feels like Khorne would be all about hellish explosives, perma-overcharged plasma, and enough spent shell casings to actually make that whole Brass Citadel of his live up to its name.

Let me punch holes in a unit's armor save with that plasma, while a storm of brass stops targeted units from Overcharging my berserkers. Maybe even a way to take away Fights First or Counter-Offensive. You can totally have guns in a melee focused army without them ruining the fantasy of what makes World Eaters tick.

The fact that World Eaters didn't get a havoc style unit with some sort of Fire Frenzy rule is absolute bullshit

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

S.J. posted:

The fact that World Eaters didn't get a havoc style unit with some sort of Fire Frenzy rule is absolute bullshit

I mean, they got one single unit box and two characters.

It still blows my mind GW figured that was enough for their launch!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

They could've literally just let them use havocs and obliterators. They're right there!

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

S.J. posted:

They could've literally just let them use havocs and obliterators. They're right there!

Nope. But can I interest you in these variant blade cultists that are too slow to advance and clear objectives but too frail to hold the backfield?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Sephyr posted:

Nope. But can I interest you in these variant blade cultists that are too slow to advance and clear objectives but too frail to hold the backfield?

:negative:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Cease to Hope posted:

At least they had some existing Chaos models to fall back on. Votann just came in raw and hoo boy are they feeling the aftereffects.

Very much hoping a wave 2 with Red Butchers, Teeth of Khorne, juggernaut cavalry, a foot lord, and maybe a uniquely khornate daemon engine. I feel like that'd be a nice rounding out for them.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

They need to use it as an opportunity to do a bike refresh with berzerkers on bikes.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Oh hold up I did forget Jakhals. Two unit boxes and two characters.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

Oh hold up I did forget Jakhals. Two unit boxes and two characters.

Three units if we're counting berserkers.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I'm having a blast playing World Eaters right now. A lord with a Terminator armor option would be nice, but aside from that I'm actually happy with what they have! Go throw the Emperor's Children a bone or two.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

The Bee posted:

At least they had some existing Chaos models to fall back on. Votann just came in raw and hoo boy are they feeling the aftereffects.

Very much hoping a wave 2 with Red Butchers, Teeth of Khorne, juggernaut cavalry, a foot lord, and maybe a uniquely khornate daemon engine. I feel like that'd be a nice rounding out for them.

Votann have a shortage of datasheets but they're all solid designs and the entire army is well-rounded. I don't think their index is a great design and I'm given to understand they're still middling after the buffs, granted. But no one unit feels totally eclipsed by another and the army isn't a one-trick pony. They have less units than most other armies, sure, but more than a lot of armies started with.

I really hope GW doesn't resort to promoting designs from the 30K minor leagues, especially one as boring as Red Butchers, who are just terminators with two axes. (So many of the 30K legion-specific units are so bad.) There really has to be more you can do with WE terminators than add a fifth mindless berserker squad.

S.J. posted:

I kinda get why they wouldn't have havocs but obliterators are fairly shortranged and punchy, it makes no sense for WE to not have them.

S.J. posted:

Three units if we're counting berserkers.

Oh did those get refreshed with their release? I thought they were older.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Votann just need some lore now honestly
some stories and characters people can latch onto yknow?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The new Zerkers are awesome sculpts. Full compatibility with all the other Marine stuff so you can mix and match Legos, Chosen, Zerkers and Havoc bits freely.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I like the monsterous eightbound the most for khorne guys.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Cease to Hope posted:

Votann have a shortage of datasheets but they're all solid designs and the entire army is well-rounded. I don't think their index is a great design and I'm given to understand they're still middling after the buffs, granted. But no one unit feels totally eclipsed by another and the army isn't a one-trick pony. They have less units than most other armies, sure, but more than a lot of armies started with.

As a Votann player, my main frustration is that they're both slow and have short ranged weaponry. Their longest range gun is 36", and I think they have 2 of those. Most of the army is 18-24". 24" is perfectly serviceable, but virtually none of our heavy weaponry is more than 18". So if I want to hurt a High T unit, I need to waddle within 18". This was ameliorated in 9E by having a 3" Advance and every gun being able to Advance and Shoot.

Also, if you don't pack your army full of Pioneers you're basically dead in the water.

The killing blow in 10th was the heavy nerf to Token generation, requiring units to die in an army with no cheap chaff units. The new buff is a godsend and actually makes me want to pull my army out for the first time since 10th launched.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Devorum posted:

As a Votann player, my main frustration is that they're both slow and ... short

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODorvtgyqEE

The Rogue Trader cRPG comes out on December 7th.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

smug jeebus posted:

I'm having a blast playing World Eaters right now. A lord with a Terminator armor option would be nice, but aside from that I'm actually happy with what they have! Go throw the Emperor's Children a bone or two.

I want some dudes to paint purple and leopard print and to kill some scions of the false emperor with the power of dad rock. Is that so much to ask?

I figure EC has gotta come this edition. They just need a handful of kits along the WE like that match the rest of the chaos crew. And I really like the AoS Slaanesh stuff that represents aspects of excess besides Horny

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODorvtgyqEE

The Rogue Trader cRPG comes out on December 7th.

It looks pretty cool but I've heard all the Pathfinder games by the same company have generally required some pretty heavy patching on a long term basis to feel like they should have done on release. So I'm thinking I'm going to wait on this one even if the initial reviews are good, I've found I have less and less tolerance for busted poo poo ruining the ending parts of a game or whatever, having to pause my BG3 playthrough because I just kept encountering broken stuff might have been the final straw.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Been messing around with the template posted in the last page, and I really like the way this color scheme is coming together:

I don't think it's too complicated for me to paint or anything, I tried to make sure outside of the little highlight bits that colors were mostly in big blocks, the little fiddly rivets with gray might be kinda tricky however. I think everything is relatively complimentary from looking at the color wheel :ohdear: I'd only have to pick up a couple paints from what I've already got as well, most of it is just stuff from the starter set

I guess I'd just prime white probably since there's a fair amount of color? Though the colors are fairly dark though so maybe a black primer would be better, plus it would show less if I miss a spot

Possibly the robe part should be a little darker as well.

Was using hex codes for the citadel paints that I found here: https://handwiki.org/wiki/List_of_Citadel_paints#:~:text=%20%20%20%20Paint%20name%20%20,%20%20%23834F44%20%2063%20more%20rows%20

So the paint list is:
Base: Naggaroth Night
Robe/Cloth Bits: Druchii Violet
Highlights: Carroburg Crimson
Metal Bits: Lead Belcher
Relics: Balthasar Gold
Hair: Khorne Red
Flesh: Flayed One Flesh

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

thebardyspoon posted:

It looks pretty cool but I've heard all the Pathfinder games by the same company have generally required some pretty heavy patching on a long term basis to feel like they should have done on release. So I'm thinking I'm going to wait on this one even if the initial reviews are good, I've found I have less and less tolerance for busted poo poo ruining the ending parts of a game or whatever, having to pause my BG3 playthrough because I just kept encountering broken stuff might have been the final straw.

If you like CRPGs but have a low tolerance for bugs, then you should consider the actual release date of the game to be about 6 to 8 months after it comes out

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

smug jeebus posted:

Oh, not saying the faction is bad. I'm glad it's even a thing.

It's just that it feels like it would take -so little- to take it from good to Amazing, in looks and theme.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'll be real with you: that's a lot of paint colors in different places and you're going to hate doing it after the second model, which will make you stop painting from burnout. But if you're jazzed to do it and want to commit to it: swap the carroburg crimson wash for a brighter redish magenta like warlord purple from vallejo game color. Druchii violet is OK but it's also a shade so you'll have a better time using something that covers more, like luxion purple contrast.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'll be real with you: that's a lot of paint colors in different places and you're going to hate doing it after the second model, which will make you stop painting from burnout. But if you're jazzed to do it and want to commit to it: swap the carroburg crimson wash for a brighter redish magenta like warlord purple from vallejo game color. Druchii violet is OK but it's also a shade so you'll have a better time using something that covers more, like luxion purple contrast.

This is fair yeah :hmmyes:

Maybe I'll rework it to remove some colors and simplify

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Weird Pumpkin -

Druchii Violet is a shade "paint" so it's got a wash consistency so you'll want to use it over maybe a rose or perhaps pink of some kind color paint..maybe could work for your vision.

There might be a good light purple contrast paint too that you could use instead but I'm not familiar with all the contrast options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Ah ok, so I want something that's in the "layer" or "base" category I guess for a secondary color?

Maybe something simpler like this and just removing the idea of highlights to simplify the primary model bits to just two colors, or even remove the metal bits entirely outside of the big sections since that's probably going to be a whole lot of work:

This gives me a list of:
Base Amor: Naggaroth Night
Robe/Cloth Bits/Highlights: Screamer Pink
Big Metal Bits: Lead Belcher
Relics: Balthasar Gold
Hair: Khorne Red
Flesh: Flayed One Flesh

I still probably gotta paint the relic-y bits and the armor on top/boots though because those would look weird if they weren't metallic-y. But I could just make them all gold or all grey and call it good enough

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 14, 2023