Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Pikmin 4 dlc…or else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
If Nintendo doesn’t reveal an actual F-Zero game it’s going to be such a bag fumble. The Switch install base alone would revive interest in the series (unless you’re a franchise called Star Fox)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think you overestimate the sort of appeal the Switch has. The top 10 selling Switch games are Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros and 7 different Pokémon games. Meanwhile Metroid Dread sold about 3 million copies.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

https://twitter.com/MewZe_/status/1701993389510754527?s=20

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
3 million copies is pretty good for a Metroid tbh

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Dread and Pikmin 4 have sold extremely well for their namesakes, especially compared to their previous entries. F-Zero [ANY SUBTITLE] would easily eclipse… whatever came last.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

we're absolutely getting F-Zero Rammers tomorrow and it's gonna be a battle royale type thing like the deathrace mode in FZero X

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I thought Metroid Dread outsold like, every other Metroid

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

How did Prime remaster do

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I've barely ever seen a copy of Dread in the wild. It's hard to sell a game if retailers don't buy stock.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
e: aw

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm looking at my physical copy right now. mad?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

symbolic posted:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Anyone know when Nintendo spun off Pokemon into their own company?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Mister Facetious posted:

wasnt that basically immediately after the first game?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Large Testicles posted:

wasnt that basically immediately after the first game?

poo poo, really? I figured it was later than that.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Mister Facetious posted:

poo poo, really? I figured it was later than that.

dont consider me an expert cause i'm not even looking at wiki here, i just remember being deluged with pokemon stuff like the cartoon basically a year after red and blue came out.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

I have one too. And they gave me a whole bag of pins :shrug:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Princess Peach's Neat Feet!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

symbolic posted:

Physical keeps on winning

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I thought Metroid Dread outsold like, every other Metroid

It did, it was a huge success. Several "smaller" Nintendo franchises have had their best selling entry on the Switch.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Inzombiac posted:

MythForce came out today. Anyone give it a try yet?

I’m super interested but the early reviews I saw were not great. Price difference between physical (limited run games) is like $5 right now. I hate lrg but I’m probably going to pull the trigger tomorrow.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Dude liked this tweet in response... I have no clue how likely a Cing game could be reissued.

https://twitter.com/tdi_poke/status/1700558266533593264

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Give me Hotel Dusk, NOW.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
PEGGLE 4

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

woofbro posted:

Dude liked this tweet in response... I have no clue how likely a Cing game could be reissued.

https://twitter.com/tdi_poke/status/1700558266533593264

Oh those games were neat. Considering all the indie/walking simulators that have come out it'd fit right in.

Don't see that happening though.

My 'old games i want now' aside from WW remain the FE Radiant Duology.

Aside from that though? I'd love a 2D Zelda, a cool Kirby spin-off (like Canvas Curse), and I don't know a game about wildlife/exploring it. Like Pokémon Snap but with a well-designed single map.

Indie-wise: I'd love to know about Outer Wilds...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mister Facetious posted:

Creatures Inc was founded in 1995 to handle the trading card game and toys, then The Pokemon Company was in 1998 to handle global licensing. I don't think Nintendo has ever fully owned Pokemon as a franchise, since Creatures and Game Freak are still private companies and part owners of TPC alongside Nintendo. Even if Game Freak's offices are in the same building as some Nintendo studios now.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Oh those games were neat. Considering all the indie/walking simulators that have come out it'd fit right in.

Don't see that happening though.

Aside from that though? I'd love a 2D Zelda, a cool Kirby spin-off (like Canvas Curse), and I don't know a game about wildlife/exploring it. Like Pokémon Snap but with a well-designed single map.

Indie-wise: I'd love to know about Outer Wilds...

*Bangs hands on table* Give. Me. Chibi. Robo! :goonsay:

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Remake of the GBC Zelda Oracle of Ages/Season games. I want it so much.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

It’s going to be Contact which will once again make everyone mad at the fact that it’s not Mother 3

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Any announcement that isn't mother 3 annoys it's fans

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Any announcement that isn't mother 3 annoys it's fans

Yes but Contact was the first ever game whose announcement annoyed everyone when it wasn’t Mother 3.

"Starman.net posted:

On September 22, 2005, DS-X2 reported that Marvelous Interactive posted a mysterious flash animation that featured a character that strongly resembled Dr. Andonuts from EarthBound/MOTHER 2 along with a countdown set to end in approximately one week. On September 26, the animation was brought to starmen.net's attention and more speculation was added to the earlier possible Mother 3 news discovered that week. The flash file was soon decoded to see if anything useful could be found in the source code. This led to the discovery that the character was called "doctor." It was somewhat odd that he should be called doctor when he could have been given a more common name, like professor. This led more into the speculation that the character was indeed Dr. Andonuts.

The character spent a majority of his time tapping away endlessly, with his back to the viewer, in front of a chalkboard. Besides the regular pattern being tapped on the chalk board, the doctor would on occassion tap another pattern which was called "rock" in the source code of the file. The repetitive nature of the taps led some to believe that it was morse code. This began a wild goose chase to decode the secret message that the taps may have held. Nothing solid was found, but others speculated that it may not be morse code at all, but instead a hint that tapping played a role in the gameplay of the secret title.

Those following the story were anxiously awaiting the end of the countdown, which was set to reach zero at 11:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time. Some users found a way to play with the timer clock in the animation by changing the time on their computer, but were greeted by an error page when they made the timer reach zero. The truth soon made itself known. The day before the countdown was to finish poik007 uploaded a scan in the forums that revealed the true identity of the mystery game from Marvelous Interactive.

The game ended up having nothing to do with Mother 3, but all was not lost. There was still the news from Shigesato Itoi himself and Brownie Brown that started the latest boom of Mother 3 speculation. Perhaps they held the key to the game's future.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Contact was really cute. I would love a remake tbh

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Remake that SMT Tactics game

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Remake of the GBC Zelda Oracle of Ages/Season games. I want it so much.

I'd love that too but maybe in a while, I just beat them 100% and I'd like some time to rest (also make the ring system less RNG for god's sake).

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
We got remakes of the Famicom Detective Club games, I think anything is on the table (except Mother 3).

Model Camper
Feb 12, 2008

Just 'cause you got a rocking horse don't mean you can rock.
OSU!

TATAKAE!

OUENDAN!

HazCat
May 4, 2009

I know it's probably still stuck in legal hell, but I would love to see an Eternal Darkness remaster on the Switch. It's one of my favourite games, and playing it in bed in the dark with headphones on would be rad.

Failing that, I'd also enjoy Wave Race: Blue Storm (although I agree the handling in WR64 was superior, I prefer the tracks of WR:BS).

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Direct: and available now, FE Path of Radiance...
Me: oh hell yeah!
Direct: ...special edition! We added a bunch of tedious poo poo for you to do between missions! Now instead of a menu, you have to walk around your base to do support conversations! Also there's dating, will you marry Mia or Titania? And if you thought the story was anime before, hoo boy, wait till you see what we added!
Me: :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Wario & Waluigi: Amazing Toe Wrestling