Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Later Leona and Carl Will Marry And Have That Weird Horn Child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

What do you want him to do, get a briefcase full of cash? Rene sucks.

Renee demands payment in only the finest burlap sacks with painted green dollar signs

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

These Phoebes have been very snappy, in a positive way. But also this storyline has been going for over two months.
I sort of wonder if this came from an unused script for the Phoebe cartoon that never happened.

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Manga Style Characters

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

OMG this mole thing is still happening. I feel like I've been scrolling past BCN longer than Phantom's been pretending he's going to die.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Vargo posted:

Manga Style Characters

Why is Curtis freezing up? Horror fans love to talk about these nonsense hypotheticals.
This is maybe the most awkward attempt to seem modern that I’ve seen from Mr. Billingsley.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (July 31-August 2, 1924; spoiler for Latino stereotyping)

Toonerville Folks (October 3-5, 1921)

I don't usually do this, but here's how this next one showed up in the two papers I've been pulling these from recently. First, the Omaha World-Herald:

Next, the New Orleans Times-Picayune:

Quickly, without looking, which one of these was a morning-only paper?

Dok's Dippy Glorified Wheelbarrow (November 30, 1914)

Little Lefty (February 16-18, 1939)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Scary Go Round (February 18-21, 2003)

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
so the ginger girl was a zombie the entire time and just didn't look it?

It's amazing how much more alive and animated that strip is, being so old, compared to Rae.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

so the ginger girl was a zombie the entire time and just didn't look it?

It's amazing how much more alive and animated that strip is, being so old, compared to Rae.

She died at the end of arc 2, got zombified through an accidental pact with the devil at the start of arc 3, regained some of her sentience at the end of arc 3, and then gets hit by lightning here.

Tomorrow's the end of arc 4and we'll see what happens next! Which means I need to build my series of posts for arc 5.

There are 51 arcs to this strip. This is just the tip of the tackleford iceberg. Buckle in.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Not gonna lie, Shelley did a pretty good job holding off on wanting to eat people's brains for a while.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Legend of Bill spoiler'd for blood and gore

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (October 11, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gnoman posted:

This is extremely clever in English, how was it in the original? Was it the rare case where the same gag happens to easily translate?

It was. We use "data" for .. well, data. And Dada for ... well, Dada.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Good Listener posted:

Wait is it being used or not? You can't have it both ways :argh:
They brought that robot with them from mars.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh good, they're going to power phones - devices that already spend much of their time in pockets, bags and poorly lit indoor areas - with tiny little solar panels. Wonderful.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLTZv2NFkLI

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

This one genuinely pissed me off. My mom dropped me off with my grandparents to catch the bus each morning and picked us up there after school, as my aunts and uncles did with my cousins. She was a career housewife and was happy to have us. So if I'm a little bit nervous that there's some type of negligence being implied here (beyond Ed making a woman in a fuzzy robe and house slippers stand in a puddle in the pouring rain), it's from a combination of a well-earned lack of trust and maybe a little bit of reading too far off the page. This better be going somewhere positive.

When was the last time we saw any of the drivers with a full passenger load?

Yeah, this pissed me off too. This miserable rear end in a top hat's just interrogating this old lady and forcing her to keep getting soaked in the rain, all the while giving this poor kid the idea that her parents don't care about her. Like, why is he so focused on parents driving their kids to school? Everyone's got different circumstances and it doesn't automatically mean negligence like he's implying here. And if every parent drove their kid to school then he'd be out of a job.

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Copper Ma, you absolute waste of space. You're the one who sent her a letter asking her to come here.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Apr. 05, 1959)

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Looks like Kerwin is going to suddenly get gud for some reason.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

riderchop posted:

Classic Arlo and Janis (October 11, 2001)

Your wife is voluntarily in a goddamn cheerleader outfit, shut the gently caress up about football and go spend time with her!

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Apr. 05, 1959)

Swapping places with Kerwin is not the potential resolution I was expecting this to have, but a'ight, sure, why not.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 14, 2023

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 9/13/03

Brenda Starr 9/9/51

Smokey Stover 10/21/56

Everyday Movies 10/8/36

"Come on, we'll be late for the second show. Let's finish our conversation in the movies."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 3/8/42

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The car pressed the strange nerve in its left tire

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Zereth posted:

They brought that robot with them from mars.

Yea I think I just misread and the first comic made it sound like "We've already been using the technology. Where have you been? Oh right, being a mermaid."

Also I can't Legend of Bill's story telling is so bad. You can def do "lovable moron is actually bad rear end" but the main char is none of those things.

Also I'll end on a positive note instead of being negative. Wallace's mom hero arc rules.

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Sep 14, 2023

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hostile V posted:

Not gonna lie, Shelley did a pretty good job holding off on wanting to eat people's brains for a while.

Well she’s the spunky one. Her color palate was off while she’s been undead I believe.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

Following this Wallace arc has been one of the highlights of my day.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

Still the best strip.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Selachian posted:

Get Fuzzy 9/13/03

I would ask how this got printed but I realize SexyLosers hasn't been around forever either.

also, love Val. "I can get this novice loser some love AND beat people. This is a win-win for me!"

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 3/8/42

I wonder if David and Eddie Spin are related to "Spin" Powers, the pilot, from the daily strips.

And now the word just sounds strange. Spin spin spin.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (September 21, 1935)

Peanuts (September 16, 1976)

Oh, For God's Sake, Ed. If You're Going To Hold Her There, Invite Her In Already.

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (April 18, 1940)

Olive & Popeye

Out Our Way (October 22-24, 1942; spoilers for The Usual Reasons)

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (September 16, 1976)

I don't know, I think this is a Dustin situation where she needs to see a doctor to get her narcolepsy treated more than anything else.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

readingatwork posted:

I don't know, I think this is a Dustin situation where she needs to see a doctor to get her narcolepsy treated more than anything else.

We've still got five years or so before Peppermint Patty's narcolepsy storyline, I think? This is a very different and much stranger one.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

readingatwork posted:

I don't think its quite like that. I was a the only person alone in a house in my 9th and 10th grade when my dad started working nights, and it hosed me up plenty. It wouldn't have been any better for someone as young as Patty.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

ZeeToo posted:

Following this Wallace arc has been one of the highlights of my day.

All of my regular posted comics are in the middle of longer arcs right now and it feels like only Wallace and Phoebe actually remember that they're also supposed to be individual comic strips as well.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "262 - Jucika And The Easter Leak"

A reminder of the Hungarian Eastern tradition of sprinkling girls with perfume.

"263 - Jucika And The Burning Love"

"az erdőben tüzet gyújtani tilos = forbidden to start a fire in the woods"

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Classic Nancy

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Kazinsal posted:

There are 51 arcs to this strip. This is just the tip of the tackleford iceberg. Buckle in.

But the art and writing are Just. So. Bad!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008