Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

One of the rules Toho gave Roland Emmerich is that Godzilla never eats people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
giant grasshopper though, he will gently caress up

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I don't think Godzilla is actually eating the train, he just saw a small moving object and bit it and shook it around like a terrier catching a rat and tearing it to shreds. He probably spit it out once he was satisfied it was dead.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Scolding Godzilla for not dropping the train

put it down, put the train down!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 60 minutes!

This looks really good. Godzilla with some Skull Island thrown in there. I'm down.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Non Compos Mentis posted:

They have to administer the Oxygen Destroyer by wrapping it in a piece of cheese to trick him into eating it and not immediately spitting it out

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Non Compos Mentis posted:

“Ah-AH! LEAVE it!”

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Were they screaming bug-eyed as he looked in on them?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dawgstar posted:

At least when he picked up the bus he threw it back down again.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 14, 2023

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Godzilla 'burgin'.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I remember reading somewhere that during the filming of the original Gojira, they wanted to film the scene where Gojira reveals himself to the inhabitants of Odo Island looming over the horizon in the daytime as in the shot we got, but with a cow in his mouth.

Not sure whether or not the shot was filmed but wound up being cut because it didn't look good enough, or if they just decided they couldn't pull it off convincingly so they didn't even try.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I'm glad they didn't. Godzilla isn't just some dumb animal predator

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Binary Badger posted:

I remember reading somewhere that during the filming of the original Gojira, they wanted to film the scene where Gojira reveals himself to the inhabitants of Odo Island looming over the horizon in the daytime as in the shot we got, but with a cow in his mouth.

Not sure whether or not the shot was filmed but wound up being cut because it didn't look good enough, or if they just decided they couldn't pull it off convincingly so they didn't even try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-VoOXDcFhA Has a shot of the lost scene. I just did a quick google for the clip, as I knew I had seen it before - the info relayed may or may not be accurate, but from a quick listen he's just saying exactly what you did.

edit: Timestamp is ~90 sec for the image

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Dawgstar posted:

I thought it was "scream for God as He looks in on them"?

huh, classic mondegreen.

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

thatbastardken posted:

huh, classic mondegreen.

I thought it was scream ta God.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

thatbastardken posted:

huh, classic mondegreen.

I always did too! Somebody told me it was bug-eyed and I had to look it up because the other way made more sense. So.

Blue Oyster Cult! Sorry about the 'bug-eyed.' I'll be in my office.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

I always did too! Somebody told me it was bug-eyed and I had to look it up because the other way made more sense. So.

Blue Oyster Cult! Sorry about the 'bug-eyed.' I'll be in my office.

...I learned a new thing today, but this changes nothing on karaoke night:colbert:

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
But my "Best of BOC" album said it was bug-eyed in the little notebook thing that came in the CD case...!

Also I think it was a quoted in that Cerasini Godzilla compendium.

You can't take the bug-eyes away from me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey it's me, Da Champ

Goddamn it's like a modern take on the Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla suit. Love me some spikes :allears:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Those are some huge feet. I wonder if G -1.0 is still just a puppy and still has a lot of growing to do ....

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Godzilla's feet.

God-zilla's feet.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Godzilla's feet.

God-zilla's feet.

Post isn't search

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

He looks like a walking radiation burn scab, so gnarly.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Godzilla's feet.

God-zilla's feet.

Yeah, but...

...how do they smell???

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sobatchja Morda posted:

Yeah, but...

...how do they smell???

Not very well, since I don't think they have a nose

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Infinitum posted:

Hey it's me, Da Champ

Goddamn it's like a modern take on the Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla suit. Love me some spikes :allears:

I'm not sure there's been a design that more looked like murder incarnate.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Godzilla's feet.

God-zilla's feet.

I think most don’t remember, or never read the post it comes from, but I wanted to let you know I appreciated this.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1704203157037789210?t=31ApdzIFQweR4eNEUBBa8Q&s=19

Was the first Troll any good? I haven't seen it, only saw Troll Hunter from about 10 years back.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

There’s already a Troll 2 and it’s a delight

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1704203157037789210?t=31ApdzIFQweR4eNEUBBa8Q&s=19

Was the first Troll any good? I haven't seen it, only saw Troll Hunter from about 10 years back.
It was okay, like a solid 7/10 kaiju movie.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The troll itself is kinda cool I guess but it's like a bunch of Norwegians tried to remake Godzilla 98 but with an anti Christian message

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I thought they made a troll sequel back in the 80s

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The Yetee put up a bunch of shirts for Godzilla and Kong. They're usually reliable quality although they have been switching up manufacturers so no promises.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Chronojam posted:

The Yetee put up a bunch of shirts for Godzilla and Kong. They're usually reliable quality although they have been switching up manufacturers so no promises.

I've actually found their newer shirts a lot more durable/quality than ones from a few years ago. May pick up a tie die Godzilla shirt.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

It's OK, I think Troll Hunter (2010) is better.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Troll Hunter was definitely a comfort food movie for me back when it was on Netflix in the early-mid 2010s. Fell asleep to that one quite a number of times.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like right near the start when he takes on the bridge troll and the troll straight up decks him into the barrier.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Whenever Norway is mentioned in a news story, my wife will deadpan at me "Norway has trolls" entirely because of Troll Hunter. Great little flick.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkQxIKBih_w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What is this?

https://twitter.com/g0dzilla1998/status/1709529870156599489?s=46&t=uiUehxbkNdNcN0PmfZ4Vaw

The translate feature isn’t working right now and the replies are locked. It’s rad as hell.