Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Lol megan fox’s line delivery is terrible haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Better or worse than Ronda "Just Asking Questions About School Shootings" Rousey?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Equally bad

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

YouTube recommended me the Megan Fox in MK1 reveal video and I've never seen someone so unhappy to be a voice actor in a videogame. And those were presumably the most enthusiastic takes.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Honestly I think she’s just incapable of emoting anymore. She’s been doing a lot of these kind of gigs (she also did marketing for Diablo 4) because her “career” has flatlined and she’s just always like that.

Good for her that she can still get that bag for a bit before the little game she has left craters forever though!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

VanillaGorilla posted:

Honestly I think she’s just incapable of emoting anymore. She’s been doing a lot of these kind of gigs (she also did marketing for Diablo 4) because her “career” has flatlined and she’s just always like that.

Good for her that she can still get that bag for a bit before the little game she has left craters forever though!

In a ghostly voice* “B O O o o TO o x”.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
lol mk1 is 115gb, back of the box says 90, other places are saying 140!!

Gonna have to play mk11 while the disc installs

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

There’s a great twist but i won’t spoil it,this game has some extreme lifting from Deception which is right up my alley cause it’s the only one i played other than Mk3.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

VanillaGorilla posted:

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

In a ghostly voice* “B O O o o TO o x”.

Let's not be weird.

I miss the delightfully evil sindel of aftermath. I know this version is a response to those who were upset by her heel turn, but they did such a great job selling someone who enjoyed being a villain.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Wrong thread.

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 14, 2023

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

My bad,in other news the costuming is outstanding,the facial animations are unbelievable and johnny cage is distractingly like Saul goodman in voice and mannerisms.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The final chapter is wild. I really love that you get to choose your fighter

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

That story mode ending was better than any movie or game in 30 years,speechless.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
They put enhanced back on r2 :getin:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

The arcade endings are really good but kung lao’s and smoke’s ending left me a bit confused and shang tsung’s is a bit dull.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Unpacking the pre-download now. Looking to take roughly an hour for a total of 95.9gb

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

The arcade endings are really good but kung lao’s and smoke’s ending left me a bit confused and shang tsung’s is a bit dull.

Smoke's ending is a continuation of Scorpion's ending and their answer to the "Where's Hanzo in this timeline" question.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

Whale edition unlocked. There are a startling number of accessibility settings including descriptive audio for fatalities and fatal blows. I am… interested to hear these descriptions.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
LMAO at the action early in the tournament too unexciting to either see or play. Several jabronis named and shamed

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Rhonne posted:

Smoke's ending is a continuation of Scorpion's ending and their answer to the "Where's Hanzo in this timeline" question.

I always found the ninja retcon stuff confusing even before the time travel reboot poo poo.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Unbound posted:

Unpacking the pre-download now. Looking to take roughly an hour for a total of 95.9gb

More - it also precompiles shaders when you first boot the game.

Edit: and following that comes the gravest sin in video game history: the unskippable intro cutscene.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 14, 2023

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
Decided to jump on the overpriced version just because I'm addicted to trying out characters in new fighting games. I figure I'll get my moneys worth out of the single player alone even if it doesn't become my main online game.

I don't know, I got some reservations but overall feeling hopeful!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Thinking about some of those arcade endings, I think it's interesting how some of them set up a potential "next generation" of heroes in a young, powerless Hanzo and a young Shujinko. There's also some intro dialogue that mentions that Raiden has a younger sister now(never shown or named as far as I can tell). Maybe she can be in the next game(or Kombat pack), too.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 14, 2023

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
The best part about MK story is that they have to kill off characters because it's MK, but also have to keep bringing them back for sequels.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spoilers : a full game of stupid mish mash OC characters like ashraiden,scorpiette and Sonyano would be hilarious

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

OneEightHundred posted:

The best part about MK story is that they have to kill off characters because it's MK, but also have to keep bringing them back for sequels.

Death is merely an inconvenience.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

All the fatalities canonically happen, the world of MK just has really good surgeons who stitch them back together after each match good as new.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

OneEightHundred posted:

That's just how franchises work.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Minor spoiler: that one background character from the trailers that everyone thought was Khameleon really was her. She shows up as kameo assist for Tanya in one fight. I think she just reuses someone else's moveset, but it's a neat little thing.

exquisite tea posted:

All the fatalities canonically happen, the world of MK just has really good surgeons who stitch them back together after each match good as new.

It's really funny how friendly some of the pre-fight banter can be, only to follow it up with brutal murder and dismemberment.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

exquisite tea posted:

Baraka canonically got stapled back together

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Minor spoiler: that one background character from the trailers that everyone thought was Khameleon really was her. She shows up as kameo assist for Tanya in one fight. I think she just reuses someone else's moveset, but it's a neat little thing.

It's really funny how friendly some of the pre-fight banter can be, only to follow it up with brutal murder and dismemberment.

MK11 opening up with "Let's have a friendly training spar, mom" followed by 2 minutes of nonstop crippling brutality is pretty amazing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

ImpAtom posted:

MK11 opening up with "Let's have a friendly training spar, mom" followed by 2 minutes of nonstop crippling brutality is pretty amazing.

Yeah, and then we got to the part AFTER Ronda Rousey's voice acting!

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

How is PC performance at early release?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

ImpAtom posted:

It's particularly strange in MK1, since most of the characters are at least friendly acquaintances with one another. They're trying to do the same thing as Street Fighter where they're just meeting up for friendly sparring or training matches, but in a game where most of the cast's basic throw is a lethal attack.

Granted, this is a problem that most fighting games deal with, but MK's more realistic graphics make it more obvious. Soul Calibur in particular is arguably worse, but doesn't have blood or fatalities, so you don't notice as readily.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Wanderer posted:

It's particularly strange in MK1, since most of the characters are at least friendly acquaintances with one another. They're trying to do the same thing as Street Fighter where they're just meeting up for friendly sparring or training matches, but in a game where most of the cast's basic throw is a lethal attack.

Granted, this is a problem that most fighting games deal with, but MK's more realistic graphics make it more obvious. Soul Calibur in particular is arguably worse, but doesn't have blood or fatalities, so you don't notice as readily.

Homies let other homies do fatalities on them. :colbert:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Kaiju15 posted:

Whale edition unlocked. There are a startling number of accessibility settings including descriptive audio for fatalities and fatal blows. I am… interested to hear these descriptions.

There were some clips of these floating around a few months ago, they were weirdly dry and clinical in a way that made the whole thing seem even more hosed up than normal.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
lmao at Liu Kang making his nemesis into a lovely snake oil salesman getting beaten up by angry customers wherever he goes. I loving love it, it’s the most fitting petty poo poo.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sockser posted:

Baraka canonically got stapled back together

Lol holy poo poo I had forgotten about this.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Crowetron posted:

That's just how franchises work.

Yeah, MK is just the one that's still doing it. Other than Charlie dying over and over again in Street Fighter, they went from "Akuma killed these dudes" to "Akuma killed his master and maybe some guy who was supposed to fight Adon. Everyone else got better."

King of Fighters kept characters dead for years, using the occasional dream match game to bypass it. Then they decided that ghosts exist and can be in fighting tournaments. Then they killed off one of their protagonists in a plot device that brought back characters who have been dead since the 90s. And that protagonist is back too!

The Soul Calibur games got to commit to it because Li Long's nunchaku guy replacement was so much better that they never really needed to resurrect him. But give it time and Guilty Gear will find a way to bring back Kliff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Gameplay? Early days, but it may play better than any game NRS has yet released. It really feels like the MK9-but-better we've been waiting 12 years for.

Story? Honestly, the worst one they've done so far. It is fundamentally and conceptually incoherent, to the extent I'm not even sure what they were trying to accomplish.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.