Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Armacham posted:

Which one is that specifically?

rg353v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Suggesting the miyoo mini for a cheaper option, but I want rg353v so bad

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Just got completely stumped trying to get the plastic guard off a disposable razor for my daughter. After a while she figured out it just slides off and I just sort of slinked away.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Sherbert Hoover posted:

Just got completely stumped trying to get the plastic guard off a disposable razor for my daughter. After a while she figured out it just slides off and I just sort of slinked away.

That would have been an awesome moment to start going on about beauty standards and stuff.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Putting the cat biscuits directly into the cat bowl is officially passé. I now load the biscuits into my 2 year old's truck and he drives it over the the dish for transfer.

I'll have him on grognard logistics videogames in no time :unsmigghh:

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
I got bomb rush cyberfunk and my kid got super into it and in the same day dusted off the old skateboard and took the training wheels off his bike. Rip kid.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Costco finally got the Kirkland formula back in stock this morning and the shelves were swarmed and stripped bare within hours. At least we are restocked!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It appears that Thursday morning I will be serving eviction papers to the baby who has made no downward motion inside my wife.
Furthermore: This baby could fulfill several prophecies since thanks to IVF it was conceived free of original sin, and thanks to a C-section will also not be born of woman. For those of you who consider yourselves immortal double check the terms and conditions of your powers.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Godspeed ominous baby

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Insanite posted:

Godspeed ominous baby

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Insanite posted:

Godspeed ominous baby

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

HootTheOwl posted:

It appears that Thursday morning I will be serving eviction papers to the baby who has made no downward motion inside my wife.
Furthermore: This baby could fulfill several prophecies since thanks to IVF it was conceived free of original sin, and thanks to a C-section will also not be born of woman. For those of you who consider yourselves immortal double check the terms and conditions of your powers.

My contract with the Devil says I'll be okay as long as Winamp exists. :smug:

Also,

Insanite posted:

Godspeed ominous baby

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kid #2 is four months old today and has learned to reliably roll onto his belly and get his arm out from under him, and can't stop doing it. He's very proud of himself

Big change from kid #1 who had basically no interest in moving around until she was like eight months old, no idea how we're gonna deal with a mobile baby

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

loquacius posted:

Kid #2 is four months old today and has learned to reliably roll onto his belly and get his arm out from under him, and can't stop doing it. He's very proud of himself

Big change from kid #1 who had basically no interest in moving around until she was like eight months old, no idea how we're gonna deal with a mobile baby

I had the same. Kid one learned stomach to back, because back is chill and stomach is effort. Any attempt at getting him up resulted in rolling to the back again.
Kid two, now 10 months is all about going places and now standing up. The back is not an option unless maybe when sleeping.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Any suggestions on weaning from the bottle? We've tried several different variations of sippy cups, straw hybrids and just straight cups. There seem to be unlimited configurations you can waste money on.

She likes regular cups but just dumps everything on herself which is very fun and cool.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Chad Sexington posted:

Any suggestions on weaning from the bottle? We've tried several different variations of sippy cups, straw hybrids and just straight cups. There seem to be unlimited configurations you can waste money on.

She likes regular cups but just dumps everything on herself which is very fun and cool.

We had luck with these for both kids.

https://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Miracle-360%C2%B0-Assorted-Colors/dp/B00NZRDN4U/ref=asc_df_B00NZRDN4U/

Enough like a big kid cup to be fun, but doesn't spill a lot

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

^^ those are good cups

Obsessively drink out of your own cup+straw until kiddo needs to do the same thing as you

I'm thinking the drive to be like parent can be used here, eventually they'll figure out straws

Mustached Demon has issued a correction as of 14:11 on Sep 8, 2023

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
A lot of bottles also have sippy tops to replace the nipples

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Gonna try wean kid 2 off pacifiers while my wife is out of town. The strat we used for kid 1 was cutting the tip off and calling them big kid pacies then having them throw them away on their own when they get sick of them (when you cut the tip off they dont suck as good).

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

AxGrap posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Miracle-360%C2%B0-Assorted-Colors/dp/B00NZRDN4U/ref=asc_df_B00NZRDN4U/

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Daughter started Pre-K3 yesterday. It was the first time in her life truly apart from anybody that wasn't family. She did amazing, much better than we did :cry: . I couldn't be more proud.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

AxGrap posted:

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

AxGrap posted:

She does well with these for water but loses interest before getting enough milk down. Might just have to starve her out.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Just be warned with those: any tears in the top squishy bit will cause leaks

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Mustached Demon posted:

I read this as "don't let them cry onto their sippy cups" and chuckled.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Mustached Demon posted:

App didn't load previous posts so I just assumed this was about children in general

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Microplastics posted:

App didn't load previous posts so I just assumed this was about children in general

good parenting advice in general yeah

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

shyduck posted:

Daughter started Pre-K3 yesterday. It was the first time in her life truly apart from anybody that wasn't family. She did amazing, much better than we did :cry: . I couldn't be more proud.

Beware the day 3 drop-off tantrum, when she has realized that you are leaving and not coming back for a while. My son got that bad. Or an ear infection.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

PerniciousKnid posted:

Beware the day 3 drop-off tantrum, when she has realized that you are leaving and not coming back for a while. My son got that bad. Or an ear infection.

My youngest just walked right in on day 3, aka the first full day of daycare, with no wave or hug or anything. It’s good to know that my 20 months of love and devotion can be replaced with 5ish hours of care from a complete stranger.

We still got the week 2 ear infection, of course.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

My oldest, from 2017, had a runny nose from 2018 to 2020. Guess why it stopped.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

BonHair posted:

My oldest, from 2017, had a runny nose from 2018 to 2020. Guess why it stopped.

lockdowns ruined their immune system???

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

lockdowns ruined their immune system???

Now that you mention it, he also only got diagnosed with autism after the lockdown!

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

BonHair posted:

Now that you mention it, he also only got diagnosed with autism after the lockdown!

we asked the school psychologist outright after the school IEP evaluation if our son had autism. they said no.

they hosed around doing ineffective bullshit for a year and a half until we went to a nueropsych who diagnosed autism. waiting on the new IEP for that.

on the functional end of the spectrum it’s getting missed. there are historical reasons for that. but my kids diagnosis, led to me taking a screener and finding out, and also my mom finding out she is autistic in her seventies.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

AxGrap posted:

only downside is that everyone seems to have them so at some point your kid/another kid may go for the wrong one at a playgroup or preschool

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Today is the day my daughter learned about 9/11

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

brugroffil posted:

Today is the day my daughter learned about 9/11

did you talk to her about Hulk Hogans role that day?

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

fosborb posted:

did you talk to her about Hulk Hogans role that day?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Watching the nurses argue over rearranging the break room while I wait outside the OR
"Why do you care?"
"I care about every moment of my life"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

poster nurse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

HootTheOwl posted:

Watching the nurses argue over rearranging the break room while I wait outside the OR
"Why do you care?"
"I care about every moment of my life"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoiyIrOW6zg

Good luck!