Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
i love when people excuse overconsumption with that as if the amount they consume is a foregone conclusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

both of you sound annoying as gently caress to be around.

so your friend didn't want to ride a bike but they were fine walking? that's the problem here?

it was fine? we just lost about 90 minutes - 2 hours walking every day, vs biking and being at the destinations we wanted to be. we also hiked 23 kilometers on top of that

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!
going to drive my car today :tipshat:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lol if you only have one car

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wrong thread dumbass

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

AnimeIsTrash posted:

how about you drive it to a different thread

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

im not

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'm probably gonna bike to the grocery store with my cargo trailer tonight. I might even bike to the grocery store further away just for a longer ride

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
I'm gonna walk to a grocery store with a large bag and put food in it then carry it home.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

webcams for christ posted:

it was fine? we just lost about 90 minutes - 2 hours walking every day, vs biking and being at the destinations we wanted to be. we also hiked 23 kilometers on top of that

They tricked you into more exercise.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation

Puppy Burner posted:

I'm gonna walk to a grocery store with a large bag and put food in it then carry it home.

i will be doing this in my car

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Puppy Burner posted:

i love to do this with my local corner store and every time the cashier is shocked that i have brought my own bag

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Ardennes posted:

They tricked you into more exercise.

kinda but I also skipped 2 sessions in the gym

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm going to bike to the hockey arena today, and again next week and the weeks after until brain trauma forces me to stop.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
owns

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

eXXon posted:

I'm going to bike to the hockey arena today, and again next week and the weeks after until brain trauma forces me to stop.

same but posting

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Cars ftw

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I have not driven a car this week

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i will be doing this in my car

Loser

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

webcams for christ posted:

kinda but I also skipped 2 sessions in the gym

isnt the point of the gym to be fit enough to do the fun things like walking with friends?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Grassy Knowles posted:

isnt the point of the gym to be fit enough to do the fun things like walking with friends?

if you need an exercise intervention to be able to walk, that's PT / OT

I lift to make performing my job easier, and do things like helping my friends move

leisure walking in beautiful, relaxing, or invigorating places > utilitarian walking so you can move from one location to another

personally, I'd prefer to bike here:

https://i.imgur.com/E9gyE4n.mp4

so I can spend more time enjoying the sun and water, and then save my energy for walking around here:

rather than walking through unremarkable back alleys and along roads with cars

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Grassy Knowles posted:

no, the point of exercise is to eat tons of food

I do my exercise outdoors normally and I've been using an exercise bike in the hotel gym and it kinda blows

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Mauser posted:

no, the point of exercise is to eat tons of food

I do my exercise outdoors normally and I've been using an exercise bike in the hotel gym and it kinda blows

weather keeping you in the hotel or just an unfriendly locale to outdoor workouts?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
you can eat and drive at the same time

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

i can eat and bike
i can eat and skate
i can eat and walk

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
eating cereal during my morning drive to the office ftw

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you can eat and drive at the same time

https://globalnews.ca/news/3873904/driver-found-not-guilty-in-crash-that-killed-pedestrian-and-her-dog/

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

says "not guilty" right there

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

“This decision means that everybody walking down the sidewalk can be mowed down by any vehicle without any accountability.”

Yeah that's basically the law

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

A Toronto man who struck and killed a woman and her dog on a Leslieville sidewalk in April 2015 has been found not guilty of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death.

Justice Peter Bawden said the big question in the case is, “Was it a marked departure from what a reasonable driver would have done?” referring to the Fekre reaching for the water bottle.

Jesus loving Christ. The reasonable driver would drive their car up on a sidewalk and mow down a pedestrian.

Ham Equity has issued a correction as of 17:14 on Sep 14, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Ham Equity posted:

Jesus loving Christ. The reasonable driver would drive their car up on a sidewalk and mow down a pedestrian.

momentary lapse think about all the time they spent driving not on the sidewalk

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Grassy Knowles posted:

weather keeping you in the hotel or just an unfriendly locale to outdoor workouts?

Biking and rollerblading are the only things I like and I don't have either here, so I go for walks when I can and otherwise just working. The exercise bike said I did 22mph for an hour, so that's pretty cool. No idea how accurate that is

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cars are good, actually

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cars are good, actually

i disagree

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Maybe the truth is in the double yellow

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Ham Equity posted:

It's perfectly cool and legal to hit a pedestrian or a cyclist with your car here This guy who drove his truck the wrong way down a one way street, entered a protected bike lane, and hit a cyclist was only charged with entering a bike lane, the penalty for which is a $150 fine. This guy hit and killed a cyclist, charged with "turn not in safety", a $110 fine. You too can come to Toronto and take a human life for the price of a nice dinner!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Regarde Aduck posted:

You are such a rancid piece of poo poo

so while I personally expended a huge amount of time and effort to responsibly do something with as small a footprint as possible and put in the work to leave no trace it doesn’t matter because the news found a bunch of people who didn’t do that.

drat, good thing a bunch of people in this thread rode their bikes to work.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
who knew that going to burning man would get me posting enemies? posting enemies: please come to the biosphere collapse thread and post there

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

That's honestly kind of impressive. I wouldn't know how to gently caress up that badly if I stood there and carefully planned out my approach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

I have a bicycle but I am very bad at riding it

also I bought it online and despite the bicycle website saying i should be the appropriate height for it I think I'm too short

I am vaguely considering buying a feet forward moped instead. I work from home but the nearest grocery is either 3 miles down a highway or 5.2 miles on rural roads.

Although - I guess cargo tricycles are a thing? And probably cost the same as a Honda whatever...