Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
So the mario vs donkey kong game doesn't seem to have any lemmings poo poo in it, right? I winced when they mentioned mini Marios but it looks like you just have to collect them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McxYkPwvvxA

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Never agree to demonstrate a motion controls game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WHY BONER NOW posted:

So the mario vs donkey kong game doesn't seem to have any lemmings poo poo in it, right? I winced when they mentioned mini Marios but it looks like you just have to collect them?

Yeah it's just a fairly simple puzzle platformer. You don't control anything but Mario.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

WHY BONER NOW posted:

It’s a remake of the GBA game so there’s a little bit of lemmings in there during bonus stages. The original is very ugly so a remake is appreciated but I’m not sure if I wanna spend $60 for a GBA game

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I think those were bonus stages or boss battles in the original GBA game.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

the Mario Broth person does good work :)

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
That was a pretty bad direct.

F-zero looks really cool, but also probably unplayable as gently caress. Some good RPG stuff, but most of the super hyped Switch games in the immediate future like Mario Wonder, DQM3, etc were already featured. Though DQM got a demo on the JP side, I believe.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I am once again wishing that they'd develop some sort of NES Remix for NSO.

NES Remix 99 or something, idk.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hateful Miyamoto balancing out the new fun non-Toad characters with more loving Toads

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I was on opiates for a while, can relate.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Tomb Raider hell yeah
Looks like I'll be borrowing my son's Switch around Valentine's next year! :toot:

(TR1 is one of my all-time favourite games, and I've now played it on PS1, Saturn, PS2, PS3, PSP, emulation and just completed it on my Anbernic RG35XX. Anniversary can go to hell for that section in Egypt with the spinning blades, though.)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Oh good another Paper Mario no one will like, that's what, the fourth in a row?

Look at this post you wrote and feel shame haha.

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

2024 babyyyyy

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Have they said who's developing the Princess Peach game?

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I am once again wishing that they'd develop some sort of NES Remix for NSO.

NES Remix 99 or something, idk.

Warioware99 just for the knowledge that across the globe, 99 people are pooping out an imaginary egg at the same time.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Endorph posted:

the tl seems the exact same too. seems like the exact same game with some minor graphical stuff

This slightly bums me out. TYD is my favourite Paper Mario and one of my favourite games, but it could have used some minor improvements. Hopefully the Broth tweet showing a new design means there's more changes than the trailer showed.

About other stuff:

-F-Zero 99 is the funniest thing they could have done with the series. Like I don't think Nintendo will ever top that.
-Peach game looks cool, glad they let her do cool stuff.
-I can't believe Another Code is back. Wonder if the second game will expand the story to fill in cut stuff, since it seems like full blown remakes. Some of the cool DS stuff will be left out sadly.
-Nice that the new Wario Ware is a Smooth Moves successor, it rocked. Wonder how they'll do portable play.
-SaGa fans be eating well, good for them.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

With this Paper Mario: TTYD remake I wonder what they're going to do with Vivian.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Peach Showtime looks really cute and fun. Every time a Direct goes by and we don't get any Metroid Prime 4 info is a grievous assault against me personally and I will be seeking legal recourse.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Infinitum posted:

2024 babyyyyy

"Deeply sorry, we have to start over from scratch to make the game in an engine other than Unity. Silksong delayed to 2025, minimum"

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Zuzie posted:

With this Paper Mario: TTYD remake I wonder what they're going to do with Vivian.

They better rebalance her so she's not mostly poo poo in battle is what they should do

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Fzero 99 is going to be frustrating as poo poo as I constantly get spawned in the middle of the pack and get taken out every race.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Infinitum posted:

2024 babyyyyy

they have to switch engines now so we're looking at 2030

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I like how often they flip-flopped the tomb raider graphics like “we know it looks like rear end but it’s better than PS1 was!”

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
We stan Peach taking up the mantle of "left-handed swordfighter" that Link dropped since the Wii

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
the decision to slap HD textures over the original sub-PS1 environment polygons in Tomb Raider is certainly a bold stylistic choice

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

RuBisCO posted:

They better rebalance her so she's not mostly poo poo in battle is what they should do

The gently caress? She's actually pretty OP since her fire punches straight up inflict burn status, and she could hit practically any enemy no matter where they are.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Zuzie posted:

I'm not remembering anything they'd need to change. What would they need to do with her?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Man, I was really hoping FZero99 was going to come paired with a new FZero or at least a GX remaster :(

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I'm not remembering anything they'd need to change. What would they need to do with her?

She was written as trans in Japanese I think. For other languages she was changed to just being female.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in the jp version she had a trans element to her character that the tl scrubbed out. the jp version was handled sort of awkwardly but not mean-spiritedly.

i imagine what will happen is 'nothing.' theyll just reuse the TL.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

Mario Wiki posted:

Vivian is depicted as transgender, identifying as female; however, due to the age rating the localizers were aiming at when translating Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door,[1] this is lost in the English version, and she is described only with feminine pronouns.[2]

The above text is from the Super Mario Wiki and is available under a Creative Commons license. Attribution must be provided through a list of authors or a link back to the original article. Source: https://www.mariowiki.com/Vivian

They'll probably just sidestep again like they do with Birdo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

to be specific her mean sisters are like 'lol you're a boy!!!' and goombella is like 'they're the shadow sisters, but...' and then vivian is like 'mr. mario mario jumpman, im a girl, right' *mario nodding animation he does fifty times per chapter* and she joins the party and then you beat up her sisters in the final chapter

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Dang, this game has beating up terfs? Might have to check it out.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Then they'll probably not change the localization because they're cowards

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I swear to god they revealed TTYD in another Direct already with a trailer and everything.

It’s a shame about the DK and F-Zero games but I’m interested in Another Code coming back. Never got to that in the DS days.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
F-Zero 99 is such a monkey's paw gift, I'm so disappointed. Really soured me on the whole rest of the Direct, but TTYD remaster looks pretty good at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cojawfee posted:

Dang, this game has beating up terfs? Might have to check it out.

It does not in the NA version op