Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
As the morning moves on we have posters spelling out the name of the president by posting one letter per post for as long as it takes.

One of the forum elders is here, you can often find others gathered around as he explains the mysteries of pasta and dolls. This morning's session is pretty light so far.

Another typical sighting in a thread of this nature is quoteings of presidential origin such as "many such cases!". This is a way thread regulars can identify each other so as to facilitate the exchange of further "trumps" as they call this type of information.

sometimes a terrible killer lurks the fringes of the thread.
Dr_Octag0n did what they could to warn the other posters...

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Uh oh we got a wild lumpentroll approaching the herd!

but it was too late...

lumpentroll posted:

harton are you bald

one the hardest parts about observing forum interactions is seeing these types of vicious attacks that come out of nowhere. There is little warning for the victims, yet the rest of the participants almost relish occurrences such as this. Almost as if they are ignorant to the fact that they too could become a victim in the next online abuse.

Late morning can be a strange time as the thread finds it's mood for the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Harton posted:

not quite

sounds like bald talk to me

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

UFOTacoMan posted:

As the morning moves on we have posters spelling out the name of the president by posting one letter per post for as long as it takes.

One of the forum elders is here, you can often find others gathered around as he explains the mysteries of pasta and dolls. This morning's session is pretty light so far.

Another typical sighting in a thread of this nature is quoteings of presidential origin such as "many such cases!". This is a way thread regulars can identify each other so as to facilitate the exchange of further "trumps" as they call this type of information.

sometimes a terrible killer lurks the fringes of the thread.
Dr_Octag0n did what they could to warn the other posters...

but it was too late...

one the hardest parts about observing forum interactions is seeing these types of vicious attacks that come out of nowhere. There is little warning for the victims, yet the rest of the participants almost relish occurrences such as this. Almost as if they are ignorant to the fact that they too could become a victim in the next online abuse.

Late morning can be a strange time as the thread finds it's mood for the day.

Can chatGPT mimic David Attenborough's voice narration yet?

(or can it do Gilbert Gottfried RIP)

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

goth smoking cloves posted:

My new job changed my entire schedule and now I don't post

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Sherbert Hoover posted:

sounds like bald talk to me

running my hands through my thick, luscious hair and sending out psychic pity waves to all the baldies ITT

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
iirc CeeLo sucks for reasons, which is a shame bc this whole album slaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkgUZIAzX-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN6VH1hwDR8

Lemme get outta this funk by listening to back to back banger albums

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Bethamphetamine posted:

https://youtu.be/mOq2p212kkI?si=Plrib7bVRM-0b-2m

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Booooo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bluetooth+ Premium Plus

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

AxGrap posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkgUZIAzX-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN6VH1hwDR8

Lemme get outta this funk by listening to back to back banger albums

he covered Imagine and changed the lyrics lol

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

back like a vertebra

Apr 7, 2003

Nonsense posted:

good, John Lennon sucked

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AxGrap posted:

i believe he said something to the effect of "how can a person who is passed out from drugs NOT consent?"

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Nonsense posted:

Lmao.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i believe he said something to the effect of "how can a person who is passed out from drugs NOT consent?"

:yikes:

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

euphronius posted:

Bluetooth+ Premium Plus

APPARENTLY!

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

oh wow so thats why we never got another gnarls Barkley record huh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

please pay 4.99 a month to unlock your hearing aids blue tooth capability

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
love it when someone messages me 'good morning plinkey' on teams then goes away for like 2 hours after I respond, just put a loving ticket number in the message at first, because I know that's what you want

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no one in my office uses teams. we still email . it’s nice

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Who wants to watch planes drag race and see how fast they can take off and land

[video type="youtube"]/live/il-sgcy9jRU?si=GqavEki2uqE-vg-X[/video]

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I need to contact my posting supervisor. I have a headache and won't be able to post today.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

we're like half and half, also some people think that just leaving a comment on a jira ticket is enough

binch, i get like 100 emails a day from jira, i aint reading them all

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

UFOTacoMan posted:

I'm going to have a couple of big doll posts in the near future.

Buddykins we might be checking out "Windmills" for lunch on Saturday, the huge Indian food brewpub out at the place with the ferris wheel.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

euphronius posted:

we use both. we just migrated from shared drives to one drive in June. throughout working from home i was having to teams message people to close excel documents.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Somehow my company does Skype, Teams, and WebEx for chat and sometimes a conversation will start in one and then migrate to another, and then back again.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

actually having to use share point sounds like a nightmare

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

euphronius posted:

lmao, I disregard emails almost entirely unless someone tells me in Slack there’s an email worth reading.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

terf fragility update

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

emfive posted:

I'm going to have a couple of big doll posts in the near future.

Buddykins we might be checking out "Windmills" for lunch on Saturday, the huge Indian food brewpub out at the place with the ferris wheel.

grab me some paneer while you’re out

Apr 7, 2003

I don't communicate with any of my coworkers and it's for the the best

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

WrasslorMonkey posted:

lmao, I disregard emails almost entirely unless someone tells me in Slack there’s an email worth reading.

most of my work conversations are with people outside of my company so I look at email a lot

plus it’s easier to print out emails to add to files then texts

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Yep

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

emails are great. there was no need to move on from
them

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

euphronius posted:

actually having to use share point sounds like a nightmare

teams is sharepoint. we use teams, sharepoint, onedrive, and outlook. then add on the 35 other systems we use as automotive OE. its extremely cool that every OE made choices in the 1980s about their computer systems and many of them are still the basis of the entire purchase order and logistics systems. i was still using greenscreens at Ford in 2018 and they were celebrating just getting the south american Ford offices kicked off on WIPS, aka a greenscreen like in 1985.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it all worked !!!

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

RVWinkle posted:

Somehow my company does Skype, Teams, and WebEx for chat and sometimes a conversation will start in one and then migrate to another, and then back again.

We use the free Zoom and Slack plans, but also have Teams because it comes with Office365. No one uses Teams except for my boss doing 1/1 meetings, probably so we don't have to restart the call every 40 minutes. He sends me the Teams call link in Slack because :shrug:

Also sometimes people don't answer slacks or emails for hours and I've tried to make sure I'm a cultural fit

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

RVWinkle posted:

We were the same but they just killed WebEx and now everyone has to use teams. It sucks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can’t wait to go solo. Jesus Christ

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Bethamphetamine posted:

I hope so. I want to get David Attenborough voice to read Naked Lunch to me or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
I'm on jabber
:qqsay: