Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1702007850623472033?s=20

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

smh should have cashed out at the recent spike to -$6,000 millions

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Couldn't even make money in the bull market.

SBF basically found one arbitrage, filled it and used that one result, their privilege and gallons of hot air to run up hundreds of billions of losses of other people's money

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

lol is there a whole genre of fake FFT quotes now

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

I wonder what happened around the start of march where they stopped trading entirely.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The BBBYQ people see incompetent enough that you'd think people would be able to short against them as long as they don't mention the s word.

Like, offer a bargain that you'll sell them a thosuand shares for $50 a share next year in exchange for some trivial cash now, because I need money to get my apes out of the hock, and when moass comes thru the shares are gonna be worth a fortune so I'm doing you a favor man

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Boxturret posted:

I wonder what happened around the start of march where they stopped trading entirely.

The chart is equivalent to how the BBBY folks balance sheets have gone

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Lead up to BBBY’s buy button getting turned off today:

https://twitter.com/AhShootFire1/status/1700690397666680850

https://twitter.com/kaismaalej/status/1701566517035311457

https://x.com/DominosJack/status/1701783573647253715?s=20

https://x.com/UCopy417/status/1701706678029476213?s=20

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

this guy's got an outsider artist way about him if you've seen his videos, too bad he fried his brain getting bbby pilled

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

I just got out of Dumb Money. It does mythologize Roaring Kitty as there are groups of people we follow that “buy-in” based on reading wall street bets and watching his roaring kitty videos. But overall nothing completely out of hand with the real story.

The movie is “anti capitalist” in the way these big companies see antiestablishment being lucrative now. Big guy vs little guy kinda stuff. They make some of the hedge fund people bad guys but they definitely made Seth rogens character more sympathetic. They ripped pretty hard on the robinhood founders.

They said diamond hands a lot. Like the nurse character from the trailer says it. And the students say it too. They cheer when roaring kitty says I like the stock during the congressional hearing. They also say HODL and other memes from the time.
They licensed a lot of music and shot a lot of slomo
They used actual TikTok’s and Reddit posts. Like it occupied a lot of screen time as kind of interstitials.
Wallstreetbets is shown a ton including the use of the R slur. Seth Rogen says “r-word” but the rest of the time they say it outright.

There’s actually a focus on masks due to when this occurred in time. 100% of the time none of the hedge fund people are wearing masks but all the servants around them wear masks. One of the people who buys into GME actually works at GameStop and has his boss remind him to make sure his mask is above his nose. There are also two students who put their masks down in class because they got tired of texting right next to each other and the teacher has to remind them about keeping their mask up. Seth rogen’s characters wife complains about their kids zoom classes. Seemed a bit anti mask but not sure if that was the exact intent or not but roaring kittys first scene he’s wearing a mask and by the end of the movie he’s not. Not sure if that’s kinda subtle imagery or they just didn’t want to deal with masks later on in filming.

There are some pretty funny parts to the movie.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

coolusername posted:

Lead up to BBBY’s buy button getting turned off today:

https://twitter.com/kaismaalej/status/1701566517035311457

I'm getting strong Chris Chan vibes from this.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The pee-pee show.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
BBBY stock price is down 30% in premarket, apes are confused why the hedgies would be manipulating the stock price like this when the apes don't even have access to their shares in the expert market if they got spooked and wanted to sell, lol stupid hedgies

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
But that's not possible, it was already down 97%, the most it would be able to drop is 3%!! Call the sec on those hedgies for fraud!!!!1!!!

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The hedgies want you to die in the dirt, so you had better buy that dirt!

Preferably at a considerable markup with reduced or no dirt selling ability

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Sep 14, 2023

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Lammasu posted:

I'm getting strong Chris Chan vibes from this.

Imagine a GBS thread, with its own gang tag, some artwork including everybody's av, the whole shebang. Except that in order to post in it, you have to put your life savings into a penny stock from an insolvent company.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

This guy makes some very convincing arguments re: BBBY.

an insane person posted:

Tomorrow I think we're going to either see the start of something special, or actually see something special.

September 14th may Cohencidentally be the same day the Star Spangled Banner song was written (technically a poem called Defence of Fort McHenry). September 16th was also when the Mayflower set sail and would eventually land on Plymoth Rock. I think if Ryan posts a vague tweet on the 14th or 16th, it might be cross related to these events. If we expect to see any hints of anything, could be these two dates.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Cohencidentally

Jesus christ ok, that's it I think I've had enough interent today.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

I once went on a date with a woman who explained that the space needle was probably going to blow up at midnight the next month, because 2000 was just too many zeroes for something not to happen. Then she invited me back to her houseboat to play drums with her roommate.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Reddit posted:

In my GRAND version, the BBBY stores would become giant GameStops, but not too giant! They would sell games and gamers would prefer them to Steam because they would be loyal; can come in, experience two stories of nooks and crannies, have a gaming area to buy and play board games and video games, have a bouncer, maybe some bar food. And plenty of high-end stuff to buy -- not so many bobbleheads. (They would of course, also have a bigger web site where most of their sales and blockchain-unlocked games come from.) I don't think kids nowadays but up to 45 yo (shake my fist) have enough places to go for the lifestyle they've chosen.

Yeah that's why gamers shop online now... Gamestop isn't big enough.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

A significant part of my job is to create puzzles. Usually educational, but not always: some are just for fun.

If I made my solutions this obtuse, I'd get 100% wrong answers and frustration. Like, there might be one person in a thousand who gets the connection, but the overall consensus would be that I needed to at least toss in a few clues to get people going in the right direction. Relying on people to pull poo poo like this out of thin air is a really bad approach to communicating anything.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Giant, but not too giant.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Zero One posted:

Yeah that's why gamers shop online now... Gamestop isn't big enough.

I love that they just invent this idea that people will do illogical things out of some sense of loyalty, especially to loving GameStop, the definition of "I only go here cus there's nothing better."

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

"not enough places for 40yos to go for the lifestyle they've chosen" says a LOT about meme stock people

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

cruft posted:

I once went on a date with a woman who explained that the space needle was probably going to blow up at midnight the next month, because 2000 was just too many zeroes for something not to happen. Then she invited me back to her houseboat to play drums with her roommate.

Did she smell like a roll of nickels?

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Brain Curry posted:

Did she smell like a roll of nickels?

Patchouli, I think.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nostalgia for a GameStop that never existed.

What if that store I loved as a kid, but redesigned for 40 year old men, a hip gastropub with a bouncer and the high end merchandise I can afford now and video gaming areas

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
What would the bouncer even be bouncing for? Making sure you're 21 before entering the GameStop? That seems like it'd kick out a good chunk of their consumer base.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
he not allowed to stop you from going inside and buying the new pokemon game, but he glares at you intimidatingly

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

burnishedfume posted:

What would the bouncer even be bouncing for? Making sure you're 21 before entering the GameStop? That seems like it'd kick out a good chunk of their consumer base.

kicking out SHILLS :argh:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Concierge preorder agent.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
did the apes go diamond moon galaxy lambo yet?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How many flavours of soda does the gamestop have?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Ah, the bouncers are to keep people away from the laptop hooked up to a projector showing every movie and show ever because of their creative commons license.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A gentlemen's club, but everyone vapes.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Paladinus posted:

A gentlemen's club, but everyone vapes.
Now you're just describing an IT and electronics focused maker space.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

did the apes go diamond moon galaxy lambo yet?

BBBY dropped from 0.19 to 0.16, so the hedgies are really feeling the heat now and it's lambos for everyone, tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

BBBY dropped from 0.19 to 0.16, so the hedgies are really feeling the heat now and it's lambos for everyone, tomorrow

It’s an unsigned number if it goes below zero it wraps around to infinity money