Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The locking system was change for change sake, being able to hop into either pve / pvp / wvw depending on your mood or ease of the dailies was good, but I'm just going to set my dailies to pve only in this setup because they aren't dependent on other players to get done like most of the wvw/pvp ones, or sending you to obsidian sanctum, and most of the pve dailies are on the difficulty of "inhale and exhale 10 times"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Jedah posted:

I just know it, they are going to nerf pistol Scourge so badly on Sept. 26th. There's no way CMC is going to let a DPS class benchmark at approx. 49k.

What else is going to receive the axe? Probably Heal Quickness Herald, Condition Druid, Condition Spectre, Condition Virtuoso. They probably go to the Snow Crows benchmark page and obliterate everything in the top 5-10 (which is benching over 44k+).

If they nerf Alac Heal Druid again I'm going to switch over to Hardcore Classic WoW and take a break.

I don't pay a ton of attention to builds and nerfs, is Willbender likely to get hit?

I really wish they'd just stop massively changing things

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

CODChimera posted:

I don't pay a ton of attention to builds and nerfs, is Willbender likely to get hit?

I really wish they'd just stop massively changing things

Power Willbender is benchmarking 43k, but if you can believe it, that's not even in the top 10 DPS classes currently. Willbender should be left alone, it's niche and underplayed. I think its high skill ceiling and the accessibility of Firebrand means folks gravitate towards that spec instead. Anything sticking out like a sore thumb, like Condition Spectre and Scourge, are ripe for nerfing. That's a shame because Pistol Scourge is cool as hell.

I also wish they'd stop changing things. Just let stuff be cool and strong and make new/more challenging content for those who want it.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I actually went with necromancer for my latest character slot last night using this build
https://guildjen.com/minion-master-reaper-open-world-build/

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I've got nothing left to buy for wizard funbucks :( The legendary starter kit is enticing but I can't see myself ever doing map completion again. :negative:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Upon using the new daily reward system for a few days it is indeed better and i retract my previous stupid comments... new stupid but unrelated comments may appear sometime in the future. :rolleyes:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Lonk posted:

I actually went with necromancer for my latest character slot last night using this build
https://guildjen.com/minion-master-reaper-open-world-build/

It took me a bit to realize this is literally the build I used since HoT up til EoD lol. I dunno why it took me a moment to realize such. Still slaps.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Mr. Neutron posted:

I've got nothing left to buy for wizard funbucks :( The legendary starter kit is enticing but I can't see myself ever doing map completion again. :negative:

Remember, you can just use the gift of magic or might for something else and let the precursor/themed gift rot in your bank forever.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Those gifts are just for gen 1 only though so you'd still need a gift of exploration to do anything with them.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Jedah posted:

Power Willbender is benchmarking 43k, but if you can believe it, that's not even in the top 10 DPS classes currently. Willbender should be left alone, it's niche and underplayed. I think its high skill ceiling and the accessibility of Firebrand means folks gravitate towards that spec instead. Anything sticking out like a sore thumb, like Condition Spectre and Scourge, are ripe for nerfing. That's a shame because Pistol Scourge is cool as hell.

I also wish they'd stop changing things. Just let stuff be cool and strong and make new/more challenging content for those who want it.

It's kind of funny how simple Willbender looks to play compared to how complicated the interactions that make the Alac share build work actually are. I can't think of a single elite whose boon generation is weirder.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Meeko posted:

Remember, you can just use the gift of magic or might for something else and let the precursor/themed gift rot in your bank forever.

I think it's also used in the fractal and pvp backpacks for people who are interested in those.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Elementalist has always been too complicated and fragile for it to really click with me. However, I gave the celestial scepter/warhorn weaver from the latest Lord Hizen video a whirl and have been doing pretty well with it.

It's simple to play: swap to fire/earth, press all the buttons, swap to earth/fire, press all the buttons, repeat. Don't ever use the heal signet, just swap to water/water and press all the buttons if you need to heal.

I'm undergeared/offgeared as poo poo and am remedying that as I slowly add ascended gear (thank you, wizard points store), but still doing tons of damage and am surprisingly tanky as long as I'm pressing buttons.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Hello Sailor posted:

but still doing tons of damage and am surprisingly tanky as long as I'm pressing buttons.

this has been a thing for a long time with elementalist now and it owns

the signet is especially hilarious when you know how to build for it, because a lot of trait procs in gw2 are coded as a skill you "use", and as an elementalist, you can proc like 2 traits per keypress or some poo poo, so your signet is doing triple healing

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Hello Sailor posted:

I'm undergeared/offgeared as poo poo and am remedying that as I slowly add ascended gear (thank you, wizard points store)

This honestly surprised me in the best way last night. 5 more wizard points until full ascended.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I honestly forgot I still had the character boost eating up a shared inventory slot and I should probably put that celestial gear to use.

Any fun new WvW options opened up with the elite spec weapons that'll make people hate me forever?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Jedah posted:

I've been playing power Willbender pretty much nonstop since returning and for SoTO, its good fun and I wasn't even optimized or whatever for max damage. Switched to Cele Condi, like what Hizen seems to be using as his playstyle is more similar to mine ie open world and more emphasis on solo/sustain

Anyway, the Wizards vault rewards really are pretty amazing, i'm probably going to run out of stuff to get, I have one gift of exploration left over from years ago and don't think I can do map completion again so gonna wait for the torch or hammer maybe

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Meeko posted:

Well, had I known you could buy the kit and then dismantle the gifts to sell the mats I would've done that but alas, it has been patched :(

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
There is still 2 months left, the legendary kit is still by far the best value purchase in the entire lineup, where the cheap bag of gold for 6 acclaim is about 16.5 silver per acclaim in value, the legendary kit is 58.5 silver per point.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Charles Bukowski posted:

Hello. Is there anyone still playing Guild Wars 1, and do you have a discord group?

I’m still playing it and can invite you to the dead LLJK guild if you want to admire the graveyard. Just be aware it’s a single player game now - though a guild (not this one) might be able to provide you with chat as everyone does their own thing in a private instance with 7 Heroes.

It’s still leaps and bounds better than GW2. Frozen in time at close to its peak of quality, GW1 has aged like wine - while GW2 has aged more like a cucumber and mayo sandwich. Kind of depressing.

The Goon Squad GW2 Discord has a GW1 section. I don’t know of any purely GW1 discords but I’m sure they exist.

boho fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 14, 2023

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Anyone playing GW1 is welcome to poke me in the Goon Squad Discord and I’ll toss some of my wealth your way.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

boho posted:

I’m still playing it and can invite you to the dead LLJK guild if you want to admire the graveyard. Just be aware it’s a single player game now - though a guild (not this one) might be able to provide you with chat as everyone does their own thing in a private instance with 7 Heroes.

It’s still leaps and bounds better than GW2. Frozen in time at close to its peak of quality, GW1 has aged like wine - while GW2 has aged more like a cucumber and mayo sandwich. Kind of depressing.

The Goon Squad GW2 Discord has a GW1 section. I don’t know of any purely GW1 discords but I’m sure they exist.

I get that hyperbole is the standard for internet weirdos but both games are hella good, just really different experiences.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

There is still 2 months left, the legendary kit is still by far the best value purchase in the entire lineup, where the cheap bag of gold for 6 acclaim is about 16.5 silver per acclaim in value, the legendary kit is 58.5 silver per point.

Sure, if you have the gifts of exploration lying around.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

CODChimera posted:

I've been playing power Willbender pretty much nonstop since returning and for SoTO, its good fun and I wasn't even optimized or whatever for max damage. Switched to Cele Condi, like what Hizen seems to be using as his playstyle is more similar to mine ie open world and more emphasis on solo/sustain

Anyway, the Wizards vault rewards really are pretty amazing, i'm probably going to run out of stuff to get, I have one gift of exploration left over from years ago and don't think I can do map completion again so gonna wait for the torch or hammer maybe

Oh for sure, Lord Hizen's builds are the best, especially for open world. Just can't go wrong with Cele. Sounds like a blast. What's your secret with Willbender? I suck at it. I like it, and I've watched videos/rotations, but something doesn't click. I think being Firebrand for so long has programmed my brain to suck at any other Guardian spec, lol. Plus, Willbender takes skill, seems like there's animation locks and so much character movement involved. It's cool to come across a strong Willbender in a group because they rock.

Once the Sept. 26th balance patch hits and we'll see which specs survived the great culling of CMC and his uh, decisions, I may go for Willbender as my DPS alt. spec (if it's still strong). Here's hoping it doesn't get messed with.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 14, 2023

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Inzombiac posted:

I get that hyperbole is the standard for internet weirdos but both games are hella good, just really different experiences.

I love GW1, but the "GW2 bad GW1 good" thing (see the entirety of r/guildwars) is just so insufferable

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Isn't it weird how every game that came out when I was 15 is a masterpiece and everything before and after is hot garbage poop from a diseased butt?

What a coincidence!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The game never had terrible balance issues or anything, no siree

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I also just love having to pay plat to a taxi to get access to Droknar's Forge because my build is wrong for that section!
Good design never change!!!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I love when you have to pay plat to get a taxi! I have no idea how I'd farm if I ever went back, basically everything I ever bought was bankrolled by running people places with my exciting set of invincible* dudes.

*your mileage may vary invincibility not guaranteed in settings with conditions or degen or boon stripping investments can go down as well as up

edit: actually if I'm not buying I probably wouldn't even need much plat? I do something think about going back and trying to push myself through the elite missions I was too stupid for when I was 13, maybe farm up a few more hall of monuments points (if those are even a thing any more)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/studio-update-september-2023/

A message from Anet.

This quote caught my eye

quote:

We might also make updates to the core game (i.e., content not related to the latest expansion) in this period, but that may not always be the case.

That's some nice none-committal PR speak that maybe possibly some attention may or may not occur at some point in the future to abandoned systems.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Remove stealth skipping from the game and that'll solve a lot of problems I have with fractals

e: ugh i meant dungeons, gently caress

jokes fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 14, 2023

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

jokes posted:

Remove stealth skipping from the game and that'll solve a lot of problems I have with fractals

they should instead remove giant tracts of useless enemies with no reward

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Nobody stealth skips in fractals, people stealth skip all the time in dungeons though because it's just large tracts of skippable elite swarms and the dungeon only cares when you step on the next event trigger, though these days there is 11 years of power creep making that moot if even half of your team knows how to spec themselves that you can just bulldoze through those elite swarms and heal through damage for content designed with no main healers in mind.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Saraiguma posted:

they should instead remove giant tracts of useless enemies with no reward

The reward is in making the world safer

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/studio-update-september-2023/

A message from Anet.

This quote caught my eye

That's some nice none-committal PR speak that maybe possibly some attention may or may not occur at some point in the future to abandoned systems.

what a weird statement

"we may or may not do things in the future"

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel bad for the work from home devs, at the end is a random message from management that they will all be meeting in the offices face to face.

Why would the players care to know that?

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel bad for the work from home devs, at the end is a random message from management that they will all be meeting in the offices face to face.

Why would the players care to know that?

Some dipshit exec who's really mad about WFH must have insisted.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

"...so we’ll be a little quieter here on our official channels as we take advantage of that time."

That's all, that's why. There probably won't be any official communication over the next two weeks, which always results in reddit screeching about how the devs don't love them anymore because they haven't texted in a few hours, and they're trying to cut that off ahead of time.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

ptroll posted:

"...so we’ll be a little quieter here on our official channels as we take advantage of that time."

That's all, that's why. There probably won't be any official communication over the next two weeks, which always results in reddit screeching about how the devs don't love them anymore because they haven't texted in a few hours, and they're trying to cut that off ahead of time.

to be fair anet hasn't had a community manager in nearly half a decade

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

jokes posted:

e: ugh i meant dungeons, gently caress

You could be forgiven for the mistake, because they've only reinvented the same system like 15 loving times instead of just fixing it to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
lmao alliances are never going to launch