Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
there's a cool video about mode 7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FVN_Ze7bzw

this whole series is fantastic if you love SNES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
f zero kicked rear end. banging soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHhjnJP0VCo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxU0eHnQjo8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ise3eGYFWHA

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

Oh drat, Assassin's Creed is out in three weeks.

there unfortunately hasn’t been a good once since Origins and the new one is about a character from Valhalla so it’s an epic no-buy

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

there unfortunately hasn’t been a good once since Origins and the new one is about a character from Valhalla so it’s an epic no-buy

Shohreh Aghdashloo is in it at least

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1701873808699703577?t=PE4h5X6JbBGxvcxhpLMjmQ&s=19

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

That's actually p sick

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
I prefer my stealth where i slowly crouch walk around while a goblin 5 feet away looks directly at me and says "someone there?!?!"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

That's actually p sick

The AI not giving a poo poo about his buddy getting killed right next to him really opens up the room for some sick tricks. I'll have to try playing like this

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Pead posted:

I prefer my stealth where i slowly crouch walk around while a goblin 5 feet away looks directly at me and says "someone there?!?!"

pink noise
Jun 24, 2022
thats how i play starfield stealth, i cant manage all those space power hotkeys

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
you have to have concealment puch maxed for that to work and what that requires is stealth melee kills that are extremely difficult without chameleon

pink noise
Jun 24, 2022
you might be able to fake it with void form

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

I like the bit towards the end where they have to headshot an enemy about 10 times before they go down.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

finally, some Hades 2 news
https://www.supergiantgames.com/blog/hades-ii-development-update/

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gobblecoque posted:

I like the bit towards the end where they have to headshot an enemy about 10 times before they go down.

They did that to 2 different enemies. They are the elite enemies that have higher health and better loot.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

FF7 Rebirth in February. Square really fixed a lot of their issues over the past 3-4 years.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZXqcymx0CI

rko
Jul 12, 2017
when did they decide cait sith had an accent

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

rko posted:

when did they decide cait sith had an accent

that cgi sequel movie

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
lmao finished the marriage quest to Andreja and the next quest I did was High Price to Pay lmao

whoops

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

The AI not giving a poo poo about his buddy getting killed right next to him really opens up the room for some sick tricks.

Okay, I have to ask - have you ever had your buddy get killed right next to you? No? Then how the gently caress do you know what it's like?

Not everyone reacts to tragedy in the same way.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Paging Henry Rollins to the games thread.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i just finished act 1 of bg3 with like 66-ish hours of play, love da games bay bee lets go games

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

playing some starfield and thinking about how to do a paper mario numbers mod for it

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

DMC V and starfield added to geforce now today, :hellyeah: unemplyoment!!!!!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

the milk machine posted:

i just finished act 1 of bg3 with like 66-ish hours of play, love da games bay bee lets go games

hang in there baby

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
the SNES needed a whole chip for Mode 7. meanwhile there’s a game for the Sega Genesis that implemented it at the software level, a little game called Puggsy, and it owned, but nobody ever talks about THAT

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Al! posted:

playing some starfield and thinking about how to do a paper mario numbers mod for it

this just made me realize that, in a way, Bethesda games have always been RTWP because of CHIM or VATS

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Ben Nerevarine posted:

the SNES needed a whole chip for Mode 7. meanwhile there’s a game for the Sega Genesis that implemented it at the software level, a little game called Puggsy, and it owned, but nobody ever talks about THAT

no one talks about the Genesis enough

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

smarxist posted:

BG3 lets you answer the question of how many toddlers you could beat up

there's another mod question you can answer along that same vein...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

decided to wander around on that fuckoff huge uc ship and ran into a supervisor rebuking his subordinate about the dryness of her feet :whitewater:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Al! posted:

decided to wander around on that fuckoff huge uc ship and ran into a supervisor rebuking his subordinate about the dryness of her feet :whitewater:

that is a lot less weird than it sounds in the military

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Homeless Friend posted:

i would simply cheat

e: wtf quoted wrong post lol

*breaking through the foundation of my concrete basement to unearth an ornate chest with multiple Nexus accounts names and passwords all subscribed to different mod loadouts and texture packs*

Al! posted:

Too real

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Al! posted:

oh poo poo that reminds me they’ve been locking people up in their space jail and I can go gloat about how I was state’s evidence.

my good boy is such a piece of poo poo lmao, I deserved what happened to me I guess.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Red Baron posted:

oh poo poo that reminds me they’ve been locking people up in their space jail and I can go gloat about how I was state’s evidence.

my good boy is such a piece of poo poo lmao, I deserved what happened to me I guess.

there isn't a single person in the jail and i haven't figured out how to betray the uc, take over the ship, and kill all the sysdef yet

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Al! posted:

there isn't a single person in the jail and i haven't figured out how to betray the uc, take over the ship, and kill all the sysdef yet

the crimson fleet can help you with all of that!

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

I hope death stranding 2 comes out someday and is good. I would have played a bunch of DLC if they made it for the first game. just more areas and people to do chores for. New roads to build, perchance a pizza to deliver

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

palindrome posted:

I hope death stranding 2 comes out someday and is good. I would have played a bunch of DLC if they made it for the first game. just more areas and people to do chores for. New roads to build, perchance a pizza to deliver

Kojima make the Uber eats game

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Red Baron posted:

Kojima make the Uber eats game

Door Dashing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

fuuuuck yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa