Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, Cat+Rider was a great early Pool 3 combo. But 4/10 was poo poo as a 2 card combo. Maybe 4/12 will be better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Feels like Black Cat should do something to do with luck. Like it makes the next thing to do with chance guaranteed to not happen for you and/or guaranteed to happen for the enemy or something.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

No Wave posted:

That's a whole lot worse lol. Let's just see how this one works out because cat+rider used to not even be above par and now it is.

Fair enough. I forgot about ghost rider at first. I don’t play discard often enough to consider putting the card in a deck.

Collector nerf was pretty obviously incoming but I agree with everyone that it’s probably a temporary bandaid. I’ll still happily play my Loki deck though. :classiclol:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm getting absolutely curbstomped in the 90's, what are you guys running that's actually doing well? I tried the Guardians Aloth deck but its not getting me wins.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

New Leaf posted:

I'm getting absolutely curbstomped in the 90's, what are you guys running that's actually doing well? I tried the Guardians Aloth deck but its not getting me wins.

HE Lockjaw :v:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Quackles posted:

HE Lockjaw :v:

Spider Ham is back!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:lol: they keep nerfing cards just as they get decent

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

New Leaf posted:

There is a great card in town tonight, Galactus.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

New Leaf posted:

Galactus Alioth at the moment, not that you'll be pleased to hear that. Part of the secret is that Galactus is only one win condition, though, and people who try playing solely to gently caress up the Big G will lose as you set up two lanes then Leader plus Odin to lock them in.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

At least they buffed Sif, those discard/destroy decks desperately needed the buff. Maybe next they'll get a decent location to help them finally

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It is a bit weird that destroy has so many locations that favor them while most deck archetypes have, at best, 1-2

Discard *just* has Sokovia (Sakaar? The one that discards) basically.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Nikumatic posted:

There is a great card in town tonight, Galactus.

but doctor, i am galactus

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

No Wave posted:

He was 2/0 that gave +2 per card, and that was op even in a world where A13 sentinel and moon girl were the only triggers.

Was that in beta? He was 2/0 +1 when I started in December and was pretty poo poo.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Walla posted:

Was that in beta? He was 2/0 +1 when I started in December and was pretty poo poo.

I seem to recall that when I began playing last July Collector was 2/1 with +2 per card. That wasn't long after Nova took a sledgehammer to the skull and Moon Girl and Devil Dino both got raised to 4-cost, and Mr Negative was still 4/4.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
So I didn't buy the season pass last week because I was broke as gently caress, but I did just now and lol Loki is fun / kind of broken. Even at 2/0 my Collector is getting double digit power.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I've been having a lot of success in Conquest with a Zabu/Sera deck. I subbed in Ghost Rider and Black Cat. They fit well but GR is a dead card unless BC shows up before T6. Also, if you play Iron Lad in the same lane as Darkhawk it will 100% hit Enchantress and shut off your DH. Every time guaranteed.

# (1) Spider-Ham
# (1) Korg
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (3) Rockslide
# (4) Darkhawk
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Iron Lad
# (4) Black Cat
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BpZGVySGFtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uTGFkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZXJhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLb3JnIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZWZmVGhlQmFieUxhbmRTaGFyayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFya2hhd2sifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9ja3NsaWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHaG9zdFJpZGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja0NhdCJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

The Sean posted:

After they nerf Loki after the purchase window ends they'll buff Collector for "having gone too far."
Absolutely. I expect the first OTA of next season is Collector to 2/1 and Loki has a "minimum 1 power" note added like Quinjet.

Doobie Keebler fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 15, 2023

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Brutal. I love it

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Devo posted:

So I didn't buy the season pass last week because I was broke as gently caress, but I did just now and lol Loki is fun / kind of broken. Even at 2/0 my Collector is getting double digit power.

PSA that Google play has a 5x points reward going today (activate today, good for any snap purchases for a week).

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Quetzadilla posted:

PSA that Google play has a 5x points reward going today (activate today, good for any snap purchases for a week).

I looked at this for a week waiting to activate it as late as possible and then forgot to do it in time :rolleye:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quetzadilla posted:

They also have exchange 100 points for a $2 coupon

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Doing well so far.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

bowmore posted:

:lol: they keep nerfing cards just as they get decent

Feels like they are to short sighted on what's over played / under played. Like yeah collector is played to much right now but we have context as to why.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

My new favorite occurrence in Snap is when someone hits my IW with Enchantress expecting to disrupt a MODOK/Hela combo and is instead greeted by an Onslaught and Iron Man they can no longer nullify.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Solved my climbing problem.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/Drewberry_Snap/status/1702732098434465912

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

There’s gotta be *some* deck there I just can’t see it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

A lot of those cards are in Negative decks

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yeah, I think she acts as a backup Negative in case you don't draw yours.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

What's Ravonna's ability?

And yeah, that's a negative deck.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Maybe I'll buy ravonna and suffer Mobius meta until his variant comes up for sale

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I plan on trying to get her to go into my C3 deck. I've been wondering about one thing regarding her ability, though: If you increase the power of the cards while they're in your hand (such as with Bast) will they keep the discount, or go back to the original cost?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bast destroys the discount, same as Knull getting powered up

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Darn, that kind of ruins the appeal.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Using scorpion becomes a liability for ravonna interactions

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Walla posted:

What's Ravonna's ability?

And yeah, that's a negative deck.

Cards with 1 or less power cost 1 less energy

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

She's a 3/3, so you would have ended up playing Negative on turn 4 anyway if you couldn't play Zabu/Psylocke. Then you've got 2 or 3 turns of draws unless you run Jane. Maybe it works? But your swapped cards are already 0 cost so it just affects cards in hand

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So she's a Sera replacement for Negative and possibly Surfer. Might even be stronger because you could drop a 2 drop as well.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Or even her and Sera makes your Wolfsbane and Ironheart cost 1.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Drop sera to 5/1 for the ravonna turn 3 sera turn 4 onslaught turn 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Wave 3, Onslaught 4, Sera 5, flood on 6. Now I want to try that in a bounce deck.