Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Sickening posted:

The salvage and loot are more than the bounties even before tax last time i checked. Gallente hauler + a local station to reprocesses into minerals is a good chunk of isk.

It depends on the race of rats youre fighting, blood raider or angel its definitely worth it, but guristas or serp probably dont bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
yeah, gurmistas (come back video games) salvage is garbo but it will still sell in Jita. My main spins in an ishtar while my alts spin in myrms and if a dread spawns I sacrifice one so I can solo it in said Ishtar

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Keisari posted:

Don't think of it as "getting your numbers up." You will never make it. You will be a j4g and it will show. Become a part of the Something Awful community. Posting will quickly become a god-awful chore otherwise.

Once you've started genuinely posting for it's own sake, you will be a True Goon and will also get to Goosefleet or Goonwaffe without a hitch and in no time.

Besides, there is so much to this terrible forum. I've had many laughs over the decade.

When I first started posting in SA it was in Pet Island and Goons in Platoons. But then I realized some people love their pets waaaaay too much and military goons posted way too much detail about crimes they were committing for my comfort.

So I came here, to MMO HMO where sweaty nerds argue about meaningless poo poo. And found home.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

weirdly one of my alts got booted for inactivity once, but the remaining five or so characters I had in the corp as well as my main survived that purge :iiam:

In general what probably happened there was the alt was kicked for not being ESI compliant. I do those checks at the same time I do an activity purge. I used to give 48hours warning to fix ESI but it’s always the same like 10 ppl who are poo poo at keeping their stuff updated so I just kick the character.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

that does sort of ring a bell, back when I had four characters over three accounts and it was a lot easier to keep track of this poo poo. Meanwhile, I'm totally going to spin up a fifth account for more mining barges

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
esi will also just not work at times when the system checks it because :ccp:

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

andromache posted:

When I first started posting in SA it was in Pet Island and Goons in Platoons.

IIRC the thread that caused me to register so I could post was that Keyboard Goop guy's (Sigvatr/Mortimer Mcmire) "MSPaint your sociopathic fantasies" thread
look how far weve come

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012

andromache posted:

So I came here, to MMO HMO where sweaty nerds argue about meaningless poo poo. And found home.

Sounds a lot like my average warhammer discussions

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

ded posted:

are supers and titans even being built?

yes

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Sorry I meant in isk costs from like 500m to 2.5bn

I have a vague memory or it being like 2-300m.

Everyone want 2023 income numbers but still want to pay ship prices from when 20m/h raven belt ratting was the peak of pve

yeah in ~2010 it was ~300m in isk to plex an account, now 300m won't even buy you a single 'new' plex (1/500th of an old plex)

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
It has gone up, but not by that much. One plex is about 5 million.

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
So 500 nu plex at 5mil each?
Has income creep really gotten that far? I thought I had an infinite money hack with c5 but theres gotta be people getting that income outside of wormhole?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
100m/hr is kinda the minimum standard in nullsec, but you can make up to about 1bn/hr

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

PathAsc posted:

As much as I know I should sell my dread I really don't want to, it has ~memories~ attached to it.

every unique and irreplaceable ship can be turned into a unique and irreplaceable killmail and nobody can ever take the latter away

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012

Lorem ipsum posted:

100m/hr is kinda the minimum standard in nullsec, but you can make up to about 1bn/hr

Ive seen something about a drone beacon? Is that the new version of sanctums?

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Elchimpster posted:

So 500 nu plex at 5mil each?
Has income creep really gotten that far? I thought I had an infinite money hack with c5 but theres gotta be people getting that income outside of wormhole?

Null sec sucks for income news at 11

C5/6 is good income
If your some kind of tweaked up crazy person triple boxing frig abyss is similar money
Poch stuff makes money, I dunno about this
Burner pirate missions

Then there's a drop to about half to a third of the above for easier or more mindless stuff

Good Moons unless your Corp taxes the poo poo out of them
Cruiser abyss
Multibox huffing
C3
Burner normal missions

Probably some cap based stuff, who knows caps suck.

The top stuff is in and around 500m to 1bn an hour the second row is 250-500m an hour.

Or you can spin ishtars in their natural homeland of the great Serengeti of nullsec

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
Hmm, are the abyss sites comperable to sleeper sites?
Those seem kind of interesting and desirable. Seems I could pop a filament in solitude and not have to worry about my astrahus being killed in a wormhole or probing every time I want to play

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Elchimpster posted:

Hmm, are the abyss sites comperable to sleeper sites?
Those seem kind of interesting and desirable. Seems I could pop a filament in solitude and not have to worry about my astrahus being killed in a wormhole or probing every time I want to play

No, other than them being very hard they are polar opposites, primarily in that sleeper sites are the same every time, and the abyss is as random as possible.

floppyspud fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Sep 15, 2023

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Elchimpster posted:

Ive seen something about a drone beacon? Is that the new version of sanctums?

I think you mean CRAB beacons which are a site the player starts rather than warps to

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

They banned her because she was the executor corp CEO pending the investigation into Elusif

Hang on Elusif 'BUY MY EVE GOLD' is still up to his old tricks? He was flogging eve gold in Goonswarm like 15 ago now.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

feedmegin posted:

Hang on Elusif 'BUY MY EVE GOLD' is still up to his old tricks? He was flogging eve gold in Goonswarm like 15 ago now.

Shooters shoot

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Cease to Hope posted:

every unique and irreplaceable ship can be turned into a unique and irreplaceable killmail and nobody can ever take the latter away

Ok fair, namaste

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Mr. Grinch posted:

IIRC the thread that caused me to register so I could post was that Keyboard Goop guy's (Sigvatr/Mortimer Mcmire) "MSPaint your sociopathic fantasies" thread
look how far weve come

Photoshop Friday was what made me aware of SA, specifically the WWII propaganda posters thread, which is still amazing even now. I followed that for years before I felt the need to have an account. I'll also reference the pc builds threads when I'm getting ready to upgrade some stuff on my rig just to see where the group is at on equipment.

Also Goons with Spoons is probably one of the biggest hidden gems on the internet. I don't tell my wife WHERE I get the recipe, but they've knocked a few home date night dinners out of the park for me.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Don’t forget coupons and deals

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

andromache posted:

Photoshop Friday was what made me aware of SA, specifically the WWII propaganda posters thread, which is still amazing even now. I followed that for years before I felt the need to have an account. I'll also reference the pc builds threads when I'm getting ready to upgrade some stuff on my rig just to see where the group is at on equipment.

Also Goons with Spoons is probably one of the biggest hidden gems on the internet. I don't tell my wife WHERE I get the recipe, but they've knocked a few home date night dinners out of the park for me.

Yeah photoshops are what hooked me on SA as well.

Now it's politics and this dumb gaem because I'm a broke brained fool, but alas...

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

feedmegin posted:

Hang on Elusif 'BUY MY EVE GOLD' is still up to his old tricks?

Not anymore :haw:

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Files made me join

Also not what made me join but honerouable mention for the drama factory that was DPPH

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Files made me join

Also not what made me join but honerouable mention for the drama factory that was DPPH

I’d been reading since the Photoshop Phriday about a map of Osama Bin Laden’s rumored hideaway in Afghanistan, but paid to join because I had :10bux: to throw at Lowtax after a couple of Fashion SWATs had me rolling (the ones with the Poetry Shirt and Etro’s Beards). I think I made it a decade+ before catching my first prob, which I didn’t find out about for like two years because I mostly lurked and never tried to post during the probationary period(s).

Edit:
I had been lurking Eve threads since 2007 or so, but stayed away from actually downloading and playing until 2022. EveGoons were(?) just a horrible, mean-spirited group of assholes if your only exposure was via SA Eve posters. It’s sad, because one of my 14-year posting buddies finally convinced me to try it, and the Goons I play Eve with and get on comms with are one of the friendliest communities I’ve been involved with online.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 15, 2023

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Files made me join

Kinda same lol, I got gifted an account in like 2008 so I could keep current on One Piece scanlations but I never really ventured much outside of that one thread. I lost the login (and it had a name that hasn't aged super great) so I ended up forking over tenbux of my own to keep up on Eve drama. Turns out a lot of threads in the art section are actually really good, if slow. But that also makes them pretty easy to keep up with and it's been a pretty good bored-at-work read since I've finally ditched Twitter.

I guess my posts aren't bad enough to inspire an emote so I am proof that you can at least attain mediocrity in posting despite having both Dreddit and Karmafleet on your corp history.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I joined because of the colt resurrection thread in TFR.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I used to read The Weekend Web religiously before stumping up for the forums

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I joined SA because I was disillusioned with another forum and my friend kept prodding me to join SA and I was like eeh I dunno until he just bought me an account.

Re: abysses, they're the only form of PVE where I've had cool moments happen. I was doing a T6 in frigates with a couple of friends. A Karybdis alphaed me off the field completely unexpectedly at the moment my orbit on another target had zero angular on it. The two of us that remained scrambled to finish the room as quick as possible, managed to kill the Karybdis and get out with less than a minute to spare.

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012

andromache posted:

Ive actually got pork chops marinating for just such an occasion. Ill check out the thread for future additions. After 10 years of marriage Ive discovered good food and no dishes when she comes home go a long way

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

i joined SA specifically to post about EVE

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
hosed up if true

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
I remember when lowtax used to write for planetquake and announced the birth of this horid forum there

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

dragonshardz posted:

Well there's your problem :colbert:

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

dragonshardz posted:

this makes sense for 2017
in the ancient times, the SA eve thread was nothing and the goonfleet forums were where the magic happened. IMO the GF forums died very rapidly after Sion Animename came to prominence, and the deathknell was around the time of the ~Imperium~ rebrand and the twitch stream bullshit

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Mr. Grinch posted:

this makes sense for 2017
in the ancient times, the SA eve thread was nothing and the goonfleet forums were where the magic happened. IMO the GF forums died very rapidly after Sion Animename came to prominence, and the deathknell was around the time of the ~Imperium~ rebrand and the twitch stream bullshit

Twitch stream bullshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Sounds wild, more words please