Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

The 1906 election wasn't a million miles away from the Irish Parliamentary Party having more seats than the Tories, with a massive landslide for the Liberals, who would continue to dominate 20th century politics and remain relevant today under popular and charismatic leader Ed Davey.

I think that kind of domination would lead to more like "10 years of more Blairite poo poo followed by a brand new party as people get tired of it" than God-Emperor Keith.

397/670 is, uh, a bit less dominant than 500+/650

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i hope people vote for that nice jeremy corbyn man as 10 downings street PM :)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

crispix posted:

i hope people vote for that nice jeremy corbyn man as 10 downings street PM :)

How anti-semitic of you

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Was just wondering when Reform started polling higher than the Greens, and of course it's the minute that Sunak took office.

It's only from like 3% to 6%, but it seems to fit with the people pushing "vote anyone except liblabcongreens! woke globulists! wef!"

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Jakabite posted:

I once filmed a farmer’s son’s 21st. It was loving massive, huge marquee with chandeliers and a bar. All the boys had red cheeks and all the girls looked at me like I was a weird curio from the city (I’m white but have piercings and such and generally don’t have the country look) or like I was one of the most horrifying, confusing things they could imagine.

Not one of them could dance, and when I tried to get them to do birthday messages for the birthday boy they cringed away or did something strange and incongruous. I’m not totally convinced I didn’t film a party full of aliens if I’m honest, and having left the house 16 hours ago was very pleased to get away by the end.

Oh and they had loads of food but didn’t offer me any lol

The alien comment is interesting since that's what I as a person probably as rural as these people often think too about city people sometimes, so you know it goes both ways. We're pretty good at otherizing each other.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Sunak's ultimately just a soft rich person, he's got no real fight in him. If the Tories had a proper bruiser as leader,who was determined to win no matter what, I've no doubt they could wipe the floor with Keith's non-offering and at least survive with a small majority.

The Tories have given up and Labour is going for the safe electoral stance of: "Meh, might as well give us ago this time" :shrug:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Shot:

Chaser:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Half the Tories have already conceded defeat at the next election and lined up their next jobs already. If the Tories do miraculously win next time they'll be an even bigger bottom of the barrel lot than now.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

smellmycheese posted:

Shot:

Chaser:

Not that I can even find the account at all but apparently it's a joke account

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Shot:

Chaser:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Who’s sparrow hater and what awful thing did they do?

E: I mean I can easily imagine the kind of thing from the tweet but I assume there’s some specific backstory or this is someone reasonably well-known?

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Don't forget the Tory party members electes Liz Truss as their leader and she got booted out by MPs in 42 days.

Despite the fact Sunak is very economically right wing he's not popular even among the people raving about tax cuts.

The Labour vote will drop as we get closer and closer to the election and people pay more attention to Labour offering gently caress-all, and the Tory vote slightly rise. But Sunak doesn't have a story to sell like Johnson did. It's just going to be 2019 in reverse - Tory vote collapses, Labour vote stays the same, Starmer hailed as a electoral genius for events unrelated to him destroying his opposition.

The difference is that Labour are not coming from where the Tories were in 2017. The bar they have to clear for a majority is vastly higher and Johnson had Brexit while Stamer has nothing.

Crucially the numbers also don't show all that many Tory-Labour switchers so when Labour are picking up new voters they aren't actually the right people.

You need a Blair like victory and I don't think you get that with Starmer's negative approval ratings which have often been a better predictor of UK general elections than top line voting numbers.

Anyway it might well be as you say but without a huge Scottish revival I would be betting on a Starmer minority Government.
After which he will probably try and export himself.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Not that I can even find the account at all but apparently it's a joke account

He's having a normal one here.

https://twitter.com/Sparrow_Hater/status/1702553448863207611?s=19

If it is a joke it's hard to tell against the background of all the marblehead posters

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TACD posted:

E: I mean I can easily imagine the kind of thing from the tweet but I assume there’s some specific backstory or this is someone reasonably well-known?

RETVRN style nazi.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

TACD posted:

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but treating "White" as a proper noun raises my eyebrow.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Aramoro posted:

He's having a normal one here.

https://twitter.com/Sparrow_Hater/status/1702553448863207611?s=19

If it is a joke it's hard to tell against the background of all the marblehead posters

Suspect that "supervised visitation" is gonna be revoked pretty sharpish

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Think this one might be a parody, folks.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

josh04 posted:

Think this one might be a parody, folks.

Nazis always are, Nazis never are.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Even if he's fake I'm going to hold on to the moment where I thought he was real.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jedit posted:

Nazis always are, Nazis never are.

And on that subject:

https://twitter.com/hopenothate/status/1702462720673509509

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Not sure you’ll see a more pathetically milquetoast centrist policy than this today , but I may be wrong

https://twitter.com/bphillipsonmp/status/1702220788743467101?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

A second small boat has hit the Dover

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

smellmycheese posted:

Not sure you’ll see a more pathetically milquetoast centrist policy than this today , but I may be wrong

https://twitter.com/bphillipsonmp/status/1702220788743467101?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

That school needs to be burned to the ground.
The rot is too deep.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

happyhippy posted:

That school needs to be burned to the ground.
The rot is too deep.

3 branded items. So - top, bottom and blazer. So the whole uniform.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm only scrutinising the skirt your child is wearing because it's my job you see :pedo:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

Shot:

Chaser:

https://twitter.com/allforthanookie/status/1702602017758126306?t=xB4mjtyuPQfzBgAVCh0pqA&s=19

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Just saw an ad for a loan provider with a 99.99% APR. That basically means you have to pay back double right?

How can that even be possible for anyone who needs to take out the loan. It feels like there should be some advertising ban on loan companies like this or anyone with a ridiculously damaging set of terms and conditions.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

smellmycheese posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Kin posted:

Just saw an ad for a loan provider with a 99.99% APR. That basically means you have to pay back double right?

How can that even be possible for anyone who needs to take out the loan. It feels like there should be some advertising ban on loan companies like this or anyone with a ridiculously damaging set of terms and conditions.

Reminder that at one point Wonga collected 5853% APR

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gort posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress.

Hey, it'll stop schools having branded socks...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

smellmycheese posted:

Uniform usually includes sports kit and the school tie. But yes, this is just absolute useless bollocks from the Unforgivable oval office Party.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

If you ignore all the musical talent and focus only on the immaturity and obsession with peoples balls then Glinner is the modern day Mozart.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

LMAO

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1702265851527798901

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
^^
Not sure why free movement is being brought up. That always required you to be a citizen of the EU which these migrants aren't.

You're forgetting the tie.

In my school it was the tie, and a badge in the blazer that had to be a specific colour and style, that was it. No other branding.

Its changed to an academy now though so don't know if that's changed.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Sep 15, 2023

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

kathy burke will lead the revolution imo

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

loving useless stammering oval office. I promised not to get mad about politics any more after 2019 and he’s MAKING ME MAD.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The question is - fashion fascism because cunts, or as a desperate way to claw funding?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Weird how pledging free movement to get the left onside and then abandoning it to pander to racists just results in both groups not trusting what you said in either direction. Who could have forseen this

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Really incredible how he promised Corbynism without Corbyn and then just shifted to Blairism without any of the good parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Good parts like Sure Start, which ken plans to scrap as too communist.