Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
ridge Holland broke Big E’s neck. Please apologise to Boogz or as I like to call him Boogz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

Never got into Elias, great body but a music gimmick guy should be able to play. Boogs was like the better version of him but hit his ceiling and killed Big E

I think that was Ridge Holland

I wonder if any of the bean counters at Endeavor have figured out that if you just keep the Bloodline and like 5 or 6 other well known wrestlers and fill the rest of the show with a rotating cast of college athletes making $90k who didn't know what pro wrestling was 6 months ago WWE would make the same exact revenue

does this post qualify me for an MBA?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I wonder if any of the bean counters at Endeavor have figured out that if you just keep the Bloodline and like 5 or 6 other well known wrestlers and fill the rest of the show with a rotating cast of college athletes making $90k who didn't know what pro wrestling was 6 months ago WWE would make the same exact revenue

No, sorry, you suggested overpaying the college athletes

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I apologize to Boogs. Miss him.

Guck Midge Holland

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boogz isn't the generic white guy who injured somebody, he's the generic white guy who's leg exploded at Wrestlemania.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the tko logo looks like poo poo.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Joey McChrist posted:

little vincent and the wwe street band play the hits

lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

STONE COLD 64 posted:

looks like something a rapist wrapped on the hood of their car

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

This mean they’re just going to get rid of positions that are duplicated - lots of middle managers in Payroll, A/r, a/P, legal, HR, finance…and other things that cost money but don’t bring money in.

A lot of these people have seen the writing on the wall and are probably interviewing. This is what happens in mergers.

Pillowpants fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 15, 2023

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

STONE COLD 64 posted:

It looks like the logo graphic for that WWE Velocity d-show from the aughts.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Only if you hit par at Pebble Beach and take Peruvian flake

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pillowpants posted:

This mean they’re just going to get rid of positions that are duplicated - lots of middle managers in Payroll, A/r, a/P, legal, HR, finance…and other things that cost money but don’t bring money in.

A lot of these people have seen the writing on the wall and are probably interviewing. This is what happens in mergers.

i very much doubt they're just going to get rid of positions that are duplicated they're the company that did layoffs during a pandemic after posting record profits. none of those jobs were duplicated lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

corpospeak is so loving asinine "potential synergies"

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

wouldn't be surprised if a number of production people got let go and the guys who are left wind up having to pull twice the workload

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Lid posted:

corpospeak is so loving asinine "potential synergies"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyV_UG60dD4

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
WWE LAYOFFS COMING TOMORROW
By Mike Johnson on 2023-09-14 19:03:00

WWE President Nick Khan just issued an email to all employees announcing that all employees are to work remotely tomorrow as the company will beginning post-Endeavor acquisition layoffs.

WWE copying AEW again with their ahead of the curve Ace Steel axing

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hang on, I think my company's Core Values are on the back of my badge.

Here we go. Also, oh, they're Cultural Beliefs, not values.

Act Now
Reach Out
Own It
Let's Talk
Be Radical
Be Aligned
Embrace Lean

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I just assume Be Radical has something to do with BMX stunts. Or perhaps the classic Sega Genesis game, Skitchin’.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

MJeff posted:

Act Now
Reach Out
Own It
Let's Talk
Be Radical
Be Aligned
Embrace Lean

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Eat My Fuc posted:

Never got into Elias, great body but a music gimmick guy should be able to play. Boogs was like the better version of him but hit his ceiling and killed Big E

its pretty incredible how elias has had the guitar guy gimmick for like 5 years and still sucks total rear end at playing guitar

but then again, jeff jarrett broke a million guitars, never sang a note

e: rockabilly + the roadie to the new age outlaws isnt in the HIGHEST tier of gimmick upgrades through history but it is the king of the b+ tier there, holy poo poo those gimmicks sucked and were career death

e2: actually im making a thread on this i wish to hold a symposium

shiksa fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 15, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

nonzero chance that half of my posts end with the word brother

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

zetamind2000 posted:

nonzero chance that half of my posts end with the word brother

all posts end and dont end in brother until they are wrestling observed brother

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I went to an NXT show when Elias was in NXT and he did a bunch of good crowd work so I like him and I hope he does some good crowd work in NWA or wherever (I'm still not gonna watch NWA though).

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Codependent Poster posted:

Tomorrow seems like the staff layoffs, not the wrestlers. So a bunch of rank and file who are probably good at their jobs and don't get paid much are gonna lose them, and that sucks.

As for wrestlers, apparently Elias is gone.

Where are you hearing that about Elias from? I haven't seen anyone else mention that.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Eat My Fuc posted:

that was Ridge Holland

edit drat i didnt see there was another page of posts already correcting this

mooseinfants fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 15, 2023

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Pillowpants posted:

There is a good chance a bunch of them thought it couldn't possibly happen to them. WWE attracts the kind of dipshits who think that, and it's always funny watching them eat pink slips.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

lol every time at "write a letter to the editor at your newspaper"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

Act Now
Reach Out
Own It
Let's Talk
Be Radical
Be Aligned
Embrace Lean

The gently caress kind of acronym is AROLBBE?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

shiksa posted:

e: rockabilly + the roadie to the new age outlaws isnt in the HIGHEST tier of gimmick upgrades through history but it is the king of the b+ tier there, holy poo poo those gimmicks sucked and were career death.

I would argue that The Roadie was alright when he was just JJ's stooge (look, it was the New Gen, slim pickings) but it was awful when they tried to give him the inevitable breakout singles run.

Rockabilly's debut was one of the saddest anti-pops ever. Honky Tonk Man crying "Get out here Rockabilly!!!", the oooooooh Rockabillyyyyyyy theme song, Billy proclaiming "That's me!", all as the crowd pulls a collective "oh no what the hell is this now".

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It's morbidly funny that a bunch of women will probably be cut and Nia Jax will probably stay since they literally just rehired her.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jade vs rhea could sell 500k buys of wrestlemania on its own. peacock subs

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Sep 15, 2023

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i would probably have jade come in and immediately take the title off iyo. then build to a champion vs champion match at wrestlemania vs rhea, but more likely they'd add charlotte to really make it a big deal

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cavauro posted:

jade vs rhea could sell 500k buys of wrestlemania on its own. peacock subs

I'm all for making GBS threads on WWE but please don't kink shame the people who watch it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

A Quantum of rape apology

gently caress off

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

unless youre one of the homies in the group chat!!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:pray:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Grizzled Young Vets finally got their release 4 or 5 months after they requested it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Testekill posted:

Grizzled Young Vets finally got their release 4 or 5 months after they requested it.

It took so long that now they are the Grizzled Old Vets!!!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

forkboy84 posted:

It took so long that now they are the Grizzled Old Vets!!!

They just look old because they've been stuck in Florida for so long, they're Grizzled Middle-Aged Vets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dave did not rate Becky vs. Tiffany so that's gonna be the discourse for tomorrow.