Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

cocaine is an evil drug and this picture is proof; look how it suffuses all these people with an unholy aura

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Whirling posted:

cocaine is an evil drug and this picture is proof; look how it suffuses all these people with an unholy aura

they are all so devilish. i have it on good authority that one of them has participated in dark rites involving cannibalism and other even darker deeds.

reminds me of that 2008 last days of capitalism Obama picture. same poses. same people.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Popy posted:

My president

"We lose when we defend positions that only matter to a minority of voters."
- The democratic presidential candidate

"Minorities have a duty to vote for democrats whether or not we deliver anything for them or defend them against those who would marginalize or dehumanize them."
-Also the democratic presidential candidate

The fact that she's both dumb enough to say this poo poo out loud and truly believes both statements tell you everything you need to know about Hillary Clinton (and liberals in general). I can't imagine the kind of person who isn't viscerally repulsed by this poo poo.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

a few things that irritate me about how Michael led the IBCK episode:

1. framing the only legitimate reason for the server to be scandalous is if she were sharing secrets with people who shouldn’t have them: :yooge::wrong:

the reason the email server scandal resonated is cause it showed her as someone trying to hide her data from public view and proper retention. it implies that she was someone with a lot of secrets to hide. I’ll admit Michael’s argument for why she used the server was persuasive, but watching someone knock down a strawman they put up themselves is not impressive

2. ending the episode with the thematic conclusion that america is getting dumber and if the election was about policy she’d have easily won. I couldn’t stop hearing Matt Christman’s voice shouting “SHE DIDN’T CAMPAIGN ON POLICY!” just the worst type of revisionism that she’s some policy erudite and not simply an off putting egomaniac

3. painting her as some feeble grandma that couldn’t even figure out how to use the dang interwebs is hard to swallow when she paid someone to install a loving email server. she’s brilliantly smart at everything she sets her mind to except in this one specific way, in which she is equal to the most caricatured picture of a senile geriatric you can imagine. she’s a professional communicator and yet she just can’t grasp how to use what is the most common form of professional communication

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Euphoriaphone posted:

1. framing the only legitimate reason for the server to be scandalous is if she were sharing secrets with people who shouldn’t have them: :yooge::wrong:

the reason the email server scandal resonated is cause it showed her as someone trying to hide her data from public view and proper retention. it implies that she was someone with a lot of secrets to hide. I’ll admit Michael’s argument for why she used the server was persuasive, but watching someone knock down a strawman they put up themselves is not impressive

The best part of this is that Michael says "well she retained and turned over all of her emails" ignoring that there's no way to know this because it's a private email server that's literally the entire point. And then the Weiner thing happens and PROVES THIS IS UNTRUE.

Euphoriaphone posted:

2. ending the episode with the thematic conclusion that america is getting dumber and if the election was about policy she’d have easily won. I couldn’t stop hearing Matt Christman’s voice shouting “SHE DIDN’T CAMPAIGN ON POLICY!” just the worst type of revisionism that she’s some policy erudite and not simply an off putting egomaniac

Agreed

Euphoriaphone posted:

3. painting her as some feeble grandma that couldn’t even figure out how to use the dang interwebs is hard to swallow when she paid someone to install a loving email server. she’s brilliantly smart at everything she sets her mind to except in this one specific way, in which she is equal to the most caricatured picture of a senile geriatric you can imagine. she’s a professional communicator and yet she just can’t grasp how to use what is the most common form of professional communication

To be fair here, she communicated with seven people total and could not use a computer, only a Blackberry. She certainly had no idea how the back end worked, which is fine that's why you let the department handle it for you. IIRC Michael said it was either Bill or the people around him who managed their server, she was just along for the ride and I believe that, she doesn't strike me as particularly competent.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/Aella_Girl/status/1436168720058040326

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

finally a spiritual successor to this meeting of the minds

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Our intellectual betters

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Bastard Tetris posted:

I will never be able to dislodge the mental image of Bari Weiss just being Stav with hair

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

amber

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

smdh

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

that intern still hasn't sent me Amber's book

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Goa Tse-tung posted:

alright, can I say something without anyone getting mad

Shoot

I shower twice a day, which is why I will never have a podcast.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

she got hit by that loomer ray

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Are you guys doing the reviews paying for IBCK's patreon? They release bonus content like once a month

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

should have called it the Dissociated Press

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Is it more embarrassing that they were at a fake debate with Bari Weiss or that they were at a fake debate with Grimes

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ClassActionFursuit posted:

Michael's argument is that the entire scandal is a technical rule violation and he's not going to learn the specifics of something technical enough to understand it. His take on OPSEC, security procedures in general, information technology security specifically, and this situation is that it seemed to work out fine in the end so it must've been good all along.

Also, just that all these security measures seem like a big pain in the rear end, so it's totally understandable that Colin Powell, Hillary Clinton and probably every secretary of state since them have completely ignored best practices.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Breadallelogram posted:

it doesn't exist

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Wolfsheim posted:

Is it more embarrassing that they were at a fake debate with Bari Weiss or that they were at a fake debate with Grimes
Weiss, by far.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Wolfsheim posted:

Are you kidding? Weiss is way more of a negative influence on the world

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

So Amber's going to be the 3rd mic on Red Scare, is what I'm seeing?

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

probably just there to hang out with friends and maybe score some toot

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Euphoriaphone posted:

:umberto:

But for why Hillary is a good politician

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Seems like just someone who showed out to watch maybe?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Iirc Amber was roommates with one of the cumtowns, so it’s not surprising that she’s friends with Dasha.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Iirc Amber was roommates with one of the cumtowns, so it’s not surprising that she’s friends with Dasha.

Yeah, she roomed with Felix and Nick Mullen for a while, which is why she's on so many early eps of Cum Town

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

one of the funniest things the hillary dead enders repeated ad nauseam was "HILLARY WARNED US" about trump....... like yea dog she was his opponent she should have been making GBS threads on him but also every other dem + lefty in the country was making GBS threads on him too and even like half of republican electeds

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nothus posted:

Are you kidding? Weiss is way more of a negative influence on the world

let's revisit this in 20 years when XAE-whatever is running for congress

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

one of the funniest things the hillary dead enders repeated ad nauseam was "HILLARY WARNED US" about trump....... like yea dog she was his opponent she should have been making GBS threads on him but also every other dem + lefty in the country was making GBS threads on him too and even like half of republican electeds

April 19, 2004

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Breadallelogram posted:

that intern still hasn't written Amber's book

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

she's had new york times best selling author virgil texas locked up for years writing this thing

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Meg go on Chapo

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

insane clown pussy posted:

finally a spiritual successor to this meeting of the minds

yeah but no one in the new picture has remotely any bit of the talent and work ethic of those old freaks

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Yeah, she roomed with Felix and Nick Mullen for a while, which is why she's on so many early eps of Cum Town

nick excitedly telling amber that stav said 'thousand island stare' like a kid telling his teacher he saw a duck fall into a pond

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Talent?

Have you ever actually listened to Radio Werewolf?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
How much of the debate was just Grimes debating herself on her own plane of reality

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

Meg go on Chapo

i hadn't thought about her in years but when i saw the party pic i thought she was the woman in the green stripes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Frosted Flake posted:

Meg go on Chapo

Lmao